I was found guilty but with adjudicated withheld (no conviction). I will get it sealed but with high-level background checks it will definitely (in some way - don't know how it will be listed exactly) show up.
Specifically, its "leaving the scene of accident with more than $50 in damage". I busted the tail light of a $75k Range Rover in some upscale Miami mall - thought nobody saw me and fled the scene. I suppose I got what I deserved.
I did traffic school and paid restitution to the victim.
1) How screwed am I?
2) Do they ask only about convictions or also about adjudication withheld?
3) If the former, How to explain it on forms? And should I explain it even if they only ask about convictions since it might show up either way.
4) Any other advice/info pertaining to my specific situation.
I know I'm a jerk for doing this. :(
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- Background Check: Criminal History
- Criminal/Judicial Record in Background Check
- Criminal Background Check At Goldman
- Should I tell bank I have something on my criminal record before background check?
- Criminal Background Check Question
- Background Check- Pending Charges
- Background check on past internship history
- Do background checks check a-level results?