Regarding 2019 IBD Summer Analyst Recruiting

Sophomore at a top target (H/W) here

Keep seeing frantic posts about recruiting being pushed up ridiculously early and SA postings are already up. All I see so far on career services portal are just info sessions, a few diversity programs (for accelerated), two coffee chats (one BB one EB) and only one actual SA posting (Wells Fargo). I'm studying abroad this semester so I may be out of touch on this, but I get a feeling that most people are overreacting a little. From what I gather, other than accelerated/diversity, info sessions/networking events will continue throughout this semester and interviews would start over the summer, dragging into early September.

can't say for sure, but their applications close on sep 02 and last season all of the superdays were done well before applications closed.

https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/2019-sumer-analyst-recruiting-st…

this post was made on the 14th and their info was good that a BB was going to open the following day (feb 15th). can only assume that they're correct when they say that superdays are april/may. it's also on a rolling basis, too. easier now, than later.

semi-target here;

wf coffee chat recently with other bbs in march/april Houston SA positions open with some ny open at EB/BBs

I would worry if you're not prepared at all but if you have some experience/competitions under your belt you should be fine

First-time poster here. I'm currently trying to transfer from a non-target to a semi-target this summer in order to get a GPA (ideally a 4.0) by fall. Currently, I'm a fall intern for a boutique investment bank in the southeast. Are big banks out of the question for people in my situation or is the rushed recruiting more of a problem for people looking to do banking in New York? I would love to do Investment banking in the northeast but the way things are going it seems like it's going to stay a dream. Thanks

People are not over-reacting. Recruiting events have already started at my school (semi-target), and multiple BB banks have communicated first rounds will be in March and Superdays will begin in April/May. This is not accelerated recruiting for just top candidates, this is the timeline for general recruitment coming from a semi-target.

Cum architecto non repellat excepturi quod. Suscipit officia sed numquam quam nostrum. Voluptatum mollitia facilis perferendis architecto nobis minus. Odit laborum quis praesentium molestias.

Quibusdam qui et occaecati magnam quia expedita impedit. Quis quo dolorem nobis omnis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
bolo up's picture
bolo up
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”