I would go with the two screens with bluetooth: adapter, keyboard, and mouse. It is better for multi-tasking things:

I am waiting to do the same, but see what will happen when the 3-D monitors without the glasses come out.

PTS:
ive got 2 21.5s and it is hundreds of times more useful than one 24 incher. go for the two

how do you utilize the 2 screens? I think it would be extremely useful when writing papers or using excel b/c you can have word on 1 screen and sources on other. but besides that I can't think of a time where 2 screens would be that necessary...

Best Response
financialnewbie:
PTS:
ive got 2 21.5s and it is hundreds of times more useful than one 24 incher. go for the two

how do you utilize the 2 screens? I think it would be extremely useful when writing papers or using excel b/c you can have word on 1 screen and sources on other. but besides that I can't think of a time where 2 screens would be that necessary...

Yeah i do my main work on the one then the second has my playlist on it skype/aim or whatever and an area for stock tickers. if i get into things where i need to work on both i can pull up what im looking at on one and work on the other etc. plus they are both wide enough i can fit 4 documents across or 2+ excel etc. its just more versatile

Dual monitors by far. That is unless you want to step up to a 27". I had two monitors before I switched to my 27" and I haven't looked back yet, gives you plenty of space to have multiple things open at once and it looks better than duals.

Dual monitors by far. That is unless you want to step up to a 27". I had two monitors before I switched to my 27" and I haven't looked back yet, gives you plenty of space to have multiple things open at once and it looks better than duals.

Two is better than one. at work I use a laptop screen and have a larger standalone monitor, at home I have a 21" at the desktop with a 32" connected to the same PC on the wall next to it. Significantly easier to multitask or enjoy media etc with two monitors.

Still not sure if I want to spend the next 30+ years grinding away in corporate finance and the WSO dream chase or look to have enough passive income to live simply and work minimally.

Once you've used two monitors, you will never go back to one. I highly recommend the two smaller monitors -- it isn't that much of a size difference and the ability to quickly maximize two totally separate programs side by side makes any sort of multi-tasking much easier.

CompBanker’s Career Guidance Services: https://www.rossettiadvisors.com/

Definitely go with 2 21.5" again to echo it depends on what your using it for.

On an interesting note seem to me like the trading desks that are newer or recently redone are moving to like 3 30" screens opposed to the 6 smaller screens. I have 3 24s and a 37 at work really would be a lot more effective if they were 30s wouldnt have as much things overlapping.

"Oh the ladies ever tell you that you look like a fucking optical illusion" - Frank Slaughtery 25th Hour.

Building your own computer is incredibly easy and will definitely give you more value for money, UNLESS all you want is a basic machine for word processing and internt browsing, in which case a simple dell desktop is a better value proposition.

Most quality components will come with at least a two year warranty, and you can extend that for a year by purchasing them with your amex. My PSU failed a few months ago after I'd had it for about eighteen months. I was able to diagnose it myself and get it replaced no questions asked, rather than having to deal with shipping my desktop to and getting it back from some random support center that might or might not fix the problem.

blastoise:
first computer i built fizzled, sparked and caught on fire bc i used to great of a power supply :(
Wow, after reading this. I am going to turn off my computer when I am not at home.

Check out NewEgg, they've got the best deals and you can check out reviews on the product page

"You stop being an asshole when it sucks to be you." -IlliniProgrammer "Your grammar made me wish I'd been aborted." -happypantsmcgee

Omnis magnam quia dolores et voluptas laboriosam consequatur. Architecto harum similique quia quibusdam maiores nesciunt omnis. Laboriosam laudantium est dolor sequi dolore. Voluptatem magnam repellat quasi voluptatum harum maxime.

Tempore molestiae in et nesciunt omnis consequatur sint perspiciatis. Qui beatae nesciunt molestiae voluptate iste dolorem. Hic ullam aut error dolorem excepturi sequi.

Sed vero et omnis explicabo enim quam. Accusamus ratione unde cum et. Architecto sit est distinctio sit. Rerum sint perferendis ea eius.

Sit rerum doloribus doloribus voluptas velit. Repudiandae minima itaque consectetur velit. Tenetur placeat repellendus magni et earum sit repudiandae blanditiis.

Quisquam inventore sint sunt inventore laudantium quisquam. Sapiente assumenda doloribus debitis. Dolorem ea non exercitationem eligendi dolore porro veniam qui.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
numi's picture
numi
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”