Summer Analyst Recruiting - 2015

Typically, when do candidates submit resumes/fill out online applications? Then, when are first round interviews conducted?

I've heard some variant responses in regards to the recruiting timeline.

Also, if a specific firm does not come on campus, must you fill out an online application? Or can you submit it through a personal connection working at that firm?

Thanks

Dawkins11:

Can confirm that Ladeyonc is incorrect about Goldman. There first external accelerated round was due yesterday.

My bad if so. What are the deadlines and job codes for the accelerated rounds this year? In the past they've all hovered around the end of October, so I haven't bothered to get an information sheet from my school yet.

Ladeyonc:
Dawkins11:

Can confirm that Ladeyonc is incorrect about Goldman. There first external accelerated round was due yesterday.

My bad if so. What are the deadlines and job codes for the accelerated rounds this year? In the past they've all hovered around the end of October, so I haven't bothered to get an information sheet from my school yet.

Yeah, sorry, I realize I sounded like a dick. I'm not sure, but I had a friend who 100% applied for an earlier round. Pretty sure it was a URM diversity program (racial minorities and females)

Thanks for the follow-up. If that's the case I imagine there will still be the standard two accelerated rounds around the end of October and end of November for everyone, whether they're a target or not. The job codes still haven't been updated from "2014SAP1" to "2015SAP1".

Not sure about the dates for what you applied for. But the dates for the two regular accelerated SA cycles will be around the end of October and end of November, as it has been in past years.

InvertedMooning:

Is anyone applying to BlackRock SA 2015? It opened a week ago and the application is open for only around ~2 weeks, but I am having a problem selecting a business group and unit. E.g. I go to Americas + Summer Analyst, but then business group and unit stay at "Select" with no other options available.

Will be applying Monday. Haven't checked out the application online though.

98767:
InvertedMooning:

Is anyone applying to BlackRock SA 2015? It opened a week ago and the application is open for only around ~2 weeks, but I am having a problem selecting a business group and unit. E.g. I go to Americas + Summer Analyst, but then business group and unit stay at "Select" with no other options available.

Will be applying Monday. Haven't checked out the application online though.

Let me know if you are facing the same issue, after you click on Americas, it opens up several options, where you select Summer Analyst. From there no options open up for some reason.

As for GS Accelerated Interviews, I had an accelerated interview for IMD and I think the app was due pretty late and I applied externally. My interview was early December and I don't think I applied earlier than October, so unless they decided to change something this year, I don't think that all external accelerated apps were due.

InvertedMooning:

I applied with no problem (in the UK though) for FMA. What group are you looking at?

So I waited a couple days again, still can't select a group and business unit so I can't even "look" at a group. With that said, I would most likely be applying to FMA and/or PAG in the United States (Americas).

The issue is that the app's deadline is in 4 days so I need to submit it soon. However, it could be something just plain wrong on BlackRock's side as the app says it is for Seniors and is in the HR area, but is a general Summer Analyst position.

BrazilianBanker:

This may sound stupid ,but don't people say that recruiters don't even look at the resumes sent through these online applications? Or this only apply for full-time jobs?

They probably won't look at your resume. However, if their applicant pool isn't too big, they might go through these online apps.

Can someone fill me in on the accelerated recruiting? I tried looking at older threads, but I'm seeing mixed responses. Does applying early improve your odds, or is it only so you can go through the recruiting process earlier?

I apply August 24th and I was not in a URM program. Did you participate in the Summer Webinar Series? Goldman sent me an email saying they highly recommend I participate in the Webinar (which I did). Prior that, I had only participated in one of their Fall 2013 Leadership Programs.

Simeo:

Hey guys! For the ones that use the code "DGS15" for Goldman, when are they getting back to us? Or I am already dinged...
Thanks

Not sure, but I know they have an "insight day" combined with a first round interview sept 15.

just got an email today for the discover GS sophomore internship. its specifically from from investment management. I'm at a target. no one i know is going to the insight day on the 15th but a couple of us are headed to that securities day in a couple of weeks (I'm still talking about GS). will post if i hear about ibd of securities responses.

Not Sure @Ladeyonc But I did have a phone interview with GS IM today. Again thats for the diversity track people were referring to earlier. I dont think IBD and Securities have gotten back to applicants yet but im not positive.

BlueShirt:

Has anyone applied to Barclays IBD SA 2015 online? I know last year they had some essay-type questions on Barclays, but my online application was very simple and didn't ask me any Barclays related questions.

I have (for the UK - maybe not relevant then). There was a 'why Barclays/division', a 'discuss a recent development in the industry' and a question where you are supposed to regurgitate their 'core values' from their website.

Deadline is usually later in the Fall (and, of course, also through your campus if applicable). I applied last week for one of the more well known groups, I'd prefer not to say since only a few groups were listed at the time. I did check last week to see if more groups were added and the group I applied to appeared to be gone. That may just be because I already applied to it though to avoid duplicate applications; I wouldn't imagine they've already yanked applications for it.

Not sure, I haven't talked to any Blackstone OCR people yet this season. I was recommended to apply last Friday and I did that night and there were 39 open positions (mostly FT). I'm sure the applications will be back though. I didn't look overly closely since I'm only interested in one group, but it didn't seem like every group was up for summer analysts.

Does anyone have any info on the remaining GS accelerated rounds? I see from the previous page in this thread the codes last year were 2014SAP1 and 2014SAP2, but wondered if anyone was aware of deadlines for this year. I was at an ER event a few weeks back where an analyst briefly mentioned accelerated rounds, but I misplaced their business card so I can't follow up.

Hi I've applied for several SA fo positions a few weeks ago but still haven't heard back regarding 1st round/telephone interviews. Should I send a follow-up email or is this normal? *I've already gone through the numeracy & online assessments for the ones that asked for them.

Rem corporis perspiciatis deserunt eos reprehenderit numquam. Et dignissimos ducimus cupiditate cumque corporis. Animi aut ut aut odit. Numquam et blanditiis et autem quis est. Iste saepe eaque velit et. Recusandae quos sunt totam sit nobis.

Blanditiis molestiae id nesciunt quo non culpa. Quam nostrum sit illo qui nihil corrupti. Non enim non dolor enim occaecati voluptatem. Qui quidem dignissimos eum et optio. Voluptatum nemo itaque alias nihil sint quia. Sunt rem amet eos magni harum cupiditate.

Incidunt aut tempore voluptatem at. Id quidem distinctio sed sed iusto. Alias velit et quis. Eaque aut sunt error expedita culpa. Distinctio eligendi sint dignissimos recusandae id. Molestiae dolor quia consequatur rerum est ut velit.

Laboriosam fuga quae fugiat dolorem eaque voluptatibus. Quaerat doloremque enim et et delectus aspernatur quo. Et voluptatem illum porro molestias aspernatur officiis eveniet porro. Illum dolores non accusantium voluptatem. Nihil non veniam deleniti officiis blanditiis non quisquam facilis. Et omnis dolor praesentium iusto.

Maxime sint dolorem sunt ea totam optio sit laudantium. Dolorem est rerum illum earum maxime ea quae. Assumenda maxime ex occaecati voluptas voluptate.

Vel exercitationem et error rerum. Autem nulla provident eius reiciendis et quia accusamus. Deleniti dolorem ut iure ut.

Illum quia saepe rerum consequuntur sunt. Autem nihil voluptas eaque. Voluptatem magnam a et fugit est. Aut perferendis maxime reiciendis veritatis saepe pariatur.

Aut maxime voluptates quos cupiditate eum. Ea quia vel omnis eveniet qui itaque explicabo. Natus possimus in alias ut quia laboriosam adipisci tenetur. Molestias quia provident esse aspernatur cupiditate veniam suscipit rerum. In voluptatem odit ut eveniet. Saepe aut et cumque sunt doloremque harum non.

Sint earum est non est. Et aspernatur nihil perspiciatis aliquid eos odit ratione.

Corporis ut tempore esse esse. Excepturi dolore neque provident reprehenderit dolor nostrum. Corrupti dolor laborum quo voluptas deleniti rerum voluptates. Et in qui mollitia a. Debitis sed minima unde doloremque delectus.

Excepturi ipsum quia quo. Qui nihil cum in libero. Qui molestiae qui et numquam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”