So today the'ers came to my school to sell their firm, here is what I learned
- sophomore rotational program takes a grand total of 10 people a year, sorry youngins'
- Everyone enjoys waking up at 5 am
- You can be smart enough to be a female I-banker in M&A , yet still not be smart enough to realize "Everyone just wanted to help me"...they didn't want to help you, they wanted to help themselves into your pants
- You don't have to be a finance major in order to work as...if you are a hot chick or a minority.
- When someone asked how manythey take, they insinuated spots will go down this summer...start freaking out guys :)
- 6/6 of analysts believe its the "people" and the "culture" that cause them to work there when they are next to a MD. They also find it "exciting" that they get to go back to work after this.
- Doctors are incorrect, you don't need 8/9 hours a night of sleep, you only need 5 hours to be happy and healthy.
-Their recruiting video actually caused several people in the audience to laugh out loud at it, all the cut scene and flying text/images in the world couldn't make that less full of crap.
- THEY GIVE OUT PENS THAT CAN FIND WI-SIGNALS, I DEFINITELY WANT TO WORK THERE NOW.
- People at
(This isn't shocking, but the fact they repeated this about 5 times ,
and then mentioned they like sports and play the piano to try to show
they have an ounce of humanity left was slightly freaky)
on a side note, during the corny video they show at the beginning, someone actually mentioned "making more money than they can count"as where they see themselves in 5 years - impressive. It also taught me everyone has great teeth.
Also, we only had time for 3 question...there was about 300 students in the audience, and some tool decided to ask "Did you choose, or did choose you." the analyst gave the appropriate answer of "Is that a serious question?"
one down, about 7 more to go. Let's see who wins the battle of the biggest fake smiles. I'm betting Goldman.