Prangs:
I'm sorry to hear that rossgs210-but did you really hear back a rejection already???? Wasn't the application due date alone on October 29th???

haha. yeah. its kinds weird. just checked my email and i heard back on oct 17th. LOL.

whartonbetch:
nontarget kid:
What I meant by OCR was maybe your career services sent an email about it or there was a posting about it encouraging applications. I didn't mean to imply interviews or anything.
in that case, yes. it was advertised to everyone in our school through career services. expect 600+ applications

I think about 1000 total applications might be a reasonable guess.

Best Response

Seniority really doesn't matter too much. In fact, I've found that junior people are more likely to go to bat for you because they know what you're going through. Like I said, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It took me quite a few cold calls and emails to line up my SA position for this past summer and this year wont be any different. I'm just kind of disappointed because I had already visited Barclays on my own dime to meet with contacts and was hoping to have a second chance to visit. I also had a chance to see the trading floor during my visit. It was amazing and I'm sure that anyone who goes to the Boot Camp will be as blown away as I was. Good luck everyone!

I also applied for the boot camp and am waiting to hear back. I'm taking the route of no news is good news, especially after hearing about rejections on a rolling basis. I can speak about the Citi program I applied to. Phone interviews were by individual recruiter, so there was as much as a week in time difference between candidates. I'm hoping the same holds true here! Best of luck to everyone.

The email was from a recruiter. It seemed like a mass email to be honest, no Dear X. Just "Congratulations!...achievements....leadership..."

Just to assuage some of your anxiety, I was invited to attend other diversity events at banks without getting a phone interview while others from my school had one before being accepted.

Best of luck to all of you.

So .... does this mean if we haven't gotten a phone interview yet we have not been accepted to the program? i have never heard of them doing phone interviews before. So either 1. phone interviews were used to weed out candidates who are borderline or 2. phone interviews were given to anyone who qualifies as a potential candidate.

which one do you think it is? Whartonbetch have you heard anything from any other wharton kids?

#needajob

Female_Non-target:
So .... does this mean if we haven't gotten a phone interview yet we have not been accepted to the program? i have never heard of them doing phone interviews before. So either 1. phone interviews were used to weed out candidates who are borderline or 2. phone interviews were given to anyone who qualifies as a potential candidate.

which one do you think it is? Whartonbetch have you heard anything from any other wharton kids?

If they haven't rejected you maybe you are on hold! I believe the phone interview is for people who qualifies as potential candidates!!!!

whartonbetch:
Midatlantica:
To clarify, according to my contact within Barclays I am getting interviewed because I am not from a Barclays target school. So if you are at a Barclays target school I assume they will let you know whether you got in on Nov. 30th without an interview.

interesting. thanks for letting us know

I think your info is not correct! I go to a target school and I had an interview, which I screwed up. the HR girl told me they are giving interviews because they had overwhelming number of applicants which were pretty competitive, and they are looking to take max 50 people.... So if you know anyone who gets accepted with no interview, then I am wrong!

here's exactly what my rejection email said:

dear xxxx,

Thank you for your interest in our Investment Banking and Global Markets Bootcamp. We have now carefully reviewed your resume, and though your application was strong, we have a large number of candidates whose skill set and background more closely match our requirements so unfortunately we cannot offer you a place in the next stage of the recruitment process. Thank you for your interest and best wishes.

Regards, US Campus Recruiting Barclays Investment Bank

good luck to everyone else! sounds like a great program.

Haters gonna hate

If I go to a non-target and didn't get a call for an interview but didn't get rejected yet either, any idea what that means?

Should I e-mail or call to express my interest? Slash if I call who do I call...when I call their NY office and hit extension 5 I get routed to a voicemail lol

Just got my rejection email; I go to a target:

"Thank you for applying to the 2013 Barclays Global Markets and Investment Banking Boot Camp. You are one of many talented students who applied and we congratulate you on your academic and leadership achievements. As we received over 600 applications, the selection process was extremely competitive. After a very difficult decision, we are unable to offer you an opportunity to attend the 2013 Boot Camp. Please note that we are will not be able to provide you with specific feedback regarding your Boot Camp application.

As the Boot Camp is an early exposure opportunity with limited space, we realize that we are not able to select all talented target candidates. With that said, if you are currently a sophomore, we encourage you to apply to our Generation Next Sophomore Program. Applications are due on January 11, 2013. If you are a junior and haven't already done so, we encourage you to submit an application to our summer internship program. We will be sure to include you on future correspondence regarding recruiting events that we may host at your campus.

We sincerely thank you for your interest and look forward to meeting you at upcoming events.

Warm Regards, Barclays Diversity Recruiting Team"

At ea dolores sapiente iure vero eum cumque accusantium. Nisi sunt pariatur sed voluptatem. Sequi quo qui repellendus pariatur suscipit deleniti molestias vel. Vero maiores pariatur saepe voluptatem voluptas nulla. Iure accusamus ipsa quas. Ullam pariatur voluptate inventore possimus error quae.

Cumque reprehenderit excepturi soluta id. Molestiae odio non deserunt. Dolorem ratione nulla harum distinctio qui. Soluta delectus tempore sed suscipit ut ab ab reiciendis. Rem minima non voluptas rerum ut. Ad ipsam animi aliquam quia quia velit labore.

Qui maxime libero mollitia. Veritatis consequatur vel ut minus velit id. Qui laborum voluptates nam eveniet sed sapiente. Officiis sed maxime non perspiciatis qui qui aut.

Voluptas ullam debitis sed omnis aut aliquam quo. Est et sit nisi animi minima id. Ipsum dignissimos recusandae modi recusandae alias et esse ratione. Dolorem temporibus ut ut rem illum laboriosam. Qui excepturi sint facilis labore voluptatum non optio. Omnis cumque est voluptates voluptas.

Nulla minus alias aliquid iste odit. Tempora repudiandae provident veritatis laudantium ut exercitationem quo. Sunt eligendi et recusandae inventore. Quis sunt ea ad ratione non non. Quo eos officia vitae quis. Fugiat tempora delectus maxime eos nostrum et. Rerum sunt impedit dignissimos vel at.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”