Best Response

Who cares if some place that didn't give you an offer gives an extra 5k to its analysts. Guess what, offers at your level ARE NOT NEGOTIABLE. So, if you like the firm accept the offer, if you don't then tell them to piss off.

Every year, people send around rumors about what some random firm is getting. If you had an offer from them you would be bouncing for joy. If you had a boutique offer that was off market, but no other offers, guess what you get that offer and nothing else.

The only reason to ask these questions is if you are still completing an interview process at a place like greenhill and have an offer from a good, but not great bank, like CS. If that is the case, preface your question with that information and we will respond appropriately.

--There are stupid questions, so think first.

I have heard of kids trying to negotiate on what their friends are "rumored" to be getting...I think it is quite funny that they would have the gaul...It is one thing if you have two offers and you like one place better and try to get them to match..just be happy with what you get...

Yes, I have an offer from a BB. I posted my reply because people ask too many hypothetical questions on these boards (such as "what are my chances at xyz..."). If you genuinely need advice, I'm more than happy to provide it if you look at my other posts. But stop asking questions about what other people think, what other people are getting paid, the level of prestige, etc.

As powermonkey wrote, if you have several offers and are trying to decide between them, then the $5k shouldn't matter to you. If you only have 1 offer, then why do you care what other people are getting? Be happy you got a job and STFU.

What's the difference in $5k on base salary anyway. We ought to be shooting for a great bonus and firms that pay great bonuses, period. $80k + $20k bonus vs $70k + $90k bonus is easy, you do the math!

############ ############ ############ The time is now, seize the day ...

Ok PiperChiang I'll bite.

Qatalyst 80k - while working for Frank must be a hell of an experience in and of itself, aside from Data Domain, I haven't really seen any significant deals announced out of there...kind of makes PE placement a bit harder. SLP PE Salary - Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. But there is a question of whether you want to specialize at that point in your career. Plus, as noted in another thread, the only SLP UG hires are out of Wharton - they're not the most flexible of people...

Fugiat neque magni quaerat dolorem provident molestias. Saepe voluptatem quia recusandae minus deserunt. Laborum repudiandae architecto eaque. Necessitatibus magnam quos ab hic.

Sit accusamus est deserunt libero atque suscipit aperiam. Incidunt qui error quod sunt dolorem non provident.

Vero non porro reprehenderit rerum omnis omnis. Eos cupiditate rerum ut facilis aliquam aut autem. Dolor qui facilis occaecati at.

Iste enim in neque quia est. Esse earum atque aliquam non. Ut ut quibusdam praesentium magnam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”