I am searching on the Internet to find any info about Financial Advisor Training assessment tests, but I do not find anything helpful. Most of the time people are bragging about themselves, how great they were and how easy it was, but nothing practical or helpful. I like to do my homework before I go into something new and I would definitely appreciate any help from recent trainees who took the actual Morgan Stanley Financial Advisor assessment tests online. What I hear is kind of confusing information. Some say topics are about finance, interest rates, etc. Others say get ready for numerical math and logic tests of the calculus level. Others say it mostly about percentages, ratios, charts, diagrams, etc. Some say prepare for actual series 7 exam because questions will be just like on that exam, which in my opinion focuses a lot on actual stock market, exchanges, options, futures, stocks, bonds, etc. and preparing for this exam is happening during the Morgan Stanley training. And others say just prepare like you do for SAT and you will be fine. I don’t know whose info is legitimate. And I simply do not want to focus on wrong area for my preparation.
So, I would greatly appreciate if recent Morgan Stanley trainees can answer following questions below and it would give me an idea of what I need to focus on now before I take the assessment tests. I will be applying to one of the California Morgan Stanley branches and if you took your tests in California your help would be even better.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Please reply to the following questions:
1. How many tests there are (how many sections), what areas they cover and in what order they are given?
2. How many questions for each section?
3. What level of difficulty and what topics? And maybe one or two example of the problems for each section to help me recognize the topics and level of difficulty and know what to prepare for.
4. Is it timed?? If yes, then how much time for each section. Basically how many minutes does one have for one question? And if you run out of time then what?
5. What percentage of the correct answers will make one pass each test?
6. Any materials or info you can suggest for preparation. Anything that would be helpful for practice.
7. Any other advise..