Hello all - I would be really grateful if I could get some advice as to how best to move forward from my current situation.
I am a senior at a non-target (top 40) school, majoring in International Relations with minors in Middle Eastern Studies, History and Business in the Liberal Arts. My GPA is 3.5.
I do not have any brand name internships in the past - what I've had are: working for an oil and energy contractors in S.E. Asia, marketing summer associate with a 5* airplane company, fellowship at a IR non-profit, and research assistantships. I've had leadership positions in clubs and associations too.
If I am aiming to get into a top notch summer associates program at either MBB (which is everyone's dream) or some of the tier 2 firms - what else do I need to do on paper to get my foot in the door?
I understand networking is key - I've got informational interviews setup with ex-Mckinseyites who are willing to put me in touch with people working there currently so that is a plus, but I want to make sure I do everything else possible to stand a chance of being selected.
Case preparation is also vital - got that.
Apart from those two (case prep and networking), any other tips, pointers, advice on getting the foot in the door given my situation (which I believe a lot more other folks might be in as well; the non-target school situation).
I would appreciate any advice; as I'm entering my senior year, knowing early will give me a chance to strengthen areas I'm lacking in.
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- Non-Target School Chances for MBB/Tier 2
- PLEASE HELP: Non-Target resume for Foot-in-Door at BBs or MMs in Asia. Thanks!
- Summer Analyst Internship from a Non-Target
- Any chance at MBB from Non-Target
- How to structure a cold e-mail template to secure a summer internship at a non-target towards non-alumina at BBs/MMs/Boutiques?
- Going into I-Banking or MC from non-target school and non-biz major
- Non-Target Junior with Great Experience Last Summer Without Junior Year Summer Analyst Internship- What to do?
- Summer of Sophomore Year- getting into MBB from non-target