Top-down and sun-soaked, we hit highway 1 - the butterflies are stirring. They always are. It's Malibu to San Fran, girls in the back, and deep-down, we know we're beating the world - no one's living better than us.
A week later I'm back on the East Coast. It's nothing to cry about - the city's got its usual swagger - but it has me thinking, are they really living better than us on the West Coast? The girls, the food, the sun - it's hard not to get lost in nostalgia.
But is life too easy? There's a certain charm about catching an early morning subway from Brooklyn to mid-town, coffee in-hand. The nights in East Village. The chicken and waffles.
Does anyone in finance regret moving to California? Beyond all its beauty, do the people seem unmotivated and a bit too chilled to take seriously?
And do you find your priorities have shifted from traditional consulting and finance jobs to all-things entrepreneurial?
...so close to that one-way right now
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- Consulting, But Its Not Looking Too Good?
- The good, the bad & the ugly: Q3 corporate result round-up
- Are the Wall Street Oasis guides good?
- Some Thoughts on the Capitalist Ethos of "Greed is Good"
- Naughty boys need love too.
- Is It Too Late To Apply For Commercial Banking Internships?
- Unpaid Internship- How much is too much?
- GPA too high for regional banks?