I haven't posted for quite some time but I've been very busy with school. I'm a sophomore looking for an internship next summer at a boutique IB and have a question for the networking ninjas.
Over the summer, I networked and called pretty much every small or MM IB in both my home city and the city I go to school in. Overall this went very well, people seemed to be pretty receptive to me and a couple mentioned interning. The problem I have now though is how to follow up with these people over the next couple of weeks before I go back to school. I assume it would be appropriate to mention interest in an internship? I've been thinking of how to write the emails for over an hour but I can't think of the right way to do it. Any advice on how to follow up with a request with someone I haven't talked to in 6 months?
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- How to make networking phone calls less awkward?
- Why is long term investments sometimes considered as cash when calculating enterprise value?
- By the time you are 40- The long term finance career paths
- Effects of long term sleep deprivation?
- Long term Capital Market Assumptions for Multiple Sectors
- What do you guys want to do in the long term?
- Why sellside when your long term goals are buyside?
- Long term banking career in product team (M&A, ECM, DCM, Lev Fin) or in sector team (utilities, fig, tmt etc)