I have been working at a pre-cash flow start-up for about a half year. Recently, I have been approached by a few boutique i-banks I applied to over the summer. I am currently trying to decide which option to pursue. I am building strong connections while working at the start-up (Multiple top b-school alumni). However, the pay is extremely sub-par and while I will receive equity, the cash out is probably further than sooner. The boutique I-Banks are very small (8-12 people) and therefore I am worried about the prestige factor when applying to business schools, PE fims etc... Any insight on what exit opportunities there are for small regional banks (industry focused) with only one or two MD's. Anyone been in a similar situation to this? Sorry for the lack of information, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- MM IB vs. MEGA Fixed Income/Equities AM vs. < 50mm start-up HF
- Excellent Financial Research Analyst Opportunity with Fin-tech Start-up Market Realist- Above Market Comp
- BB PWM, start-up VC, or non-profit CDFI for freshman summer internship
- Start-up or not
- Start-up verus Finance.
- Start-Ups and Cash Burn Analysis
- Volunteer Marketing Job at a Start-up Financial Firm
- Start-up Investment Banks