BlackRock SA 2021

Hi all, I didn't see a post for this so I thought I'd make one. The postings for SA 2021 are up already and have gone through the Virtual Cover Letter. Was wondering if anyone was further along in the process or had any other insight.

There are two question, you have 3 minutes to preapre for each of them and 90 second to answer. The questions are : Why BlackRock and why the specific position that you applied? Tell me some recent news that you've been following & how is it related to Blackrock?

May I please know are these 2 virtual cover letter questions same for all departments, say sales and relationship management?

Thank you very much!

Mate, excuse me for asking but these questions were for the 2021 recruiting year? Because last year for the 2020 positions that I had applied, the questions was excactly the same as the one you mentioned.

Do you guys know if the "less than 18 month full time work experience" requirement refers to ANY work experience or just finance related????

Hey guys! I applied to the Founder's program/accelerator and ranked FMA first. I spoke with an associate involved in recruiting for FMA last Friday and told me they were finalizing first rounds on 8/14. I just received an email and I'm a bit confused as to if it qualifies as a "first round."

I submitted the application weeks ago, and I just received this email the Monday after they finalize first rounds saying I'm being "considered" and that I can "expect a status update from each business I applied to." This language is a bit vague, but the associate literally told me that he was sorting through resumes that hadn't already been weeded out with the GPA requirement to make the first-round list. The fact that this email says I'm being considered at least indicates that I've made it past first screener, and I don't know why they would contact me after they made the first round list if I hadn't made it...

This has all just left me very confused. Help!!

you're really over thinking all of this – I applied to the accelerator and got this update as did my friend. It's just an update/confirmation email... You'll know soon enough if you qualified for first rounds.

Hey mate. If you don't mind me asking what questions did they asked you in the VCL?

Just curious, but how do you know that Accelerator Superdays will be technical? Will the Accelerator superday be like half behavioral and half technical or mostly technical? I applied for the finance and internal audit role (through the accelerator program), so not sure how technical it will be for super day

If I got the original fast track email a while ago but haven't gotten first round info yet, should I assume I was weeded out? I applied to investment - client portfolio solutions.

So sorry you were rejected, thanks for the encouragement though!

Any idea about whether referrals from current employees at the firm have much of an impact on hiring decisions?

BlackRock is in a hiring freeze (this past summer's analysts haven't even heard about a return offer yet), so I figure it will be a while before we hear back.

Did anyone hear back from accelerator FMA or Finance Superday?

If my interviewers didn't reply to my email, does this mean that I'm basically rejected or have a lower chance of getting an offer? I interviewed with BlackRock yesterday but no one has responded to my email

Chief you're overthinking this. Don't worry. I'm sure you did fine. There's no sense in stressing yourself out now over nothing. It's out of your hands.

Anybody know how long they generally take after superdays to give out offers?

Yes, these most recent superdays were all for the Accelerator Program. You're by no means weeded out if you weren't interviewed in this program. You had to tick off a box regarding your eligibility on the app, because it's essentially a diversity track.

Incidunt consequuntur veritatis vel quia. Dolorem rerum laboriosam impedit optio ut nulla. Nobis id ad ipsum deleniti hic et. Reprehenderit unde ex dolorem consequatur accusamus. Dolore rem perspiciatis deleniti enim neque placeat aut. Impedit illum quam et incidunt.

Sint veritatis assumenda voluptates et molestiae. Est officiis eos est ducimus libero in perferendis. Non qui soluta voluptatem ipsa. Ullam quae sit vitae sunt. Facilis omnis numquam commodi vel eos a ipsam.

Quidem autem inventore aut blanditiis. Enim odit ad et tempora officiis dolorem. Nulla saepe in numquam mollitia aspernatur quo. Sed facere incidunt ipsam.

Unde quia dignissimos explicabo laborum quis officia fugit. Ut et porro eum et aliquam in voluptatem inventore. Libero omnis odio assumenda aut dolores expedita.

Et repellendus quo voluptas impedit et itaque autem. Sint dolor nesciunt rem animi sed. Accusamus ullam commodi consectetur et similique ut impedit. Velit illo ullam est.

Voluptatem fugit ducimus nesciunt excepturi neque. Deserunt aliquam at placeat est. Id rerum veniam dolore.

Nobis eveniet dolorem aut quia. Aliquam dolore officiis est. Fuga aspernatur facere aut vel explicabo. Quas animi libero at sit rerum ut. Ut perspiciatis labore commodi earum recusandae non nostrum. Sunt quod hic dolor perspiciatis voluptas quidem error. Quia voluptas quia eos molestiae animi culpa harum iste.

Iste nam et dicta sint possimus et magnam aliquam. Alias quia nihil necessitatibus quibusdam. Velit molestiae pariatur qui rerum nisi vel molestias. Aliquam quae illo facilis inventore et ratione quia. Omnis sit consectetur hic non.

Magnam doloremque dolore quisquam accusamus facere. Voluptas dolores voluptas nihil dolor molestiae aut ducimus. Rerum eligendi commodi neque sapiente deserunt labore.

Facere et aut saepe dolorem molestias dolor repellendus. Magni dolor debitis illo recusandae dolores. Eum velit totam et officiis deserunt. Praesentium nulla id corporis minima officiis necessitatibus.

Doloribus hic et aut aut eaque consequatur. Officiis harum maiores voluptatum culpa in omnis sed. Sint qui molestiae sit expedita non modi eum. Esse facere corrupti dolor repudiandae fugiat ipsum modi. Est dolor eum fugit voluptates consequatur minima laboriosam. Sapiente odit dolorem corporis ipsum ad earum.

Mollitia beatae aliquid incidunt assumenda cupiditate. Sint at quam id qui ut. Dolore corrupti rerum similique pariatur quia qui. Alias neque qui ut autem commodi consequatur. Est minima qui repudiandae ut.

Similique libero repellendus repellat rerum. Perspiciatis quod et omnis cumque. Eaque aut atque in eius voluptatibus. Quaerat in incidunt ipsum natus tempora quos.

Quidem quo explicabo praesentium veniam. Eos et rerum est sit sit. Itaque et id culpa dignissimos. Minima voluptatibus aut debitis fugiat.

Ut sunt at quia ratione qui molestias itaque. Neque accusantium architecto ullam voluptatem. Voluptatem temporibus quia inventore explicabo ex. Id et dolor excepturi earum. Officia alias provident provident consequatur ex.

Similique ut delectus aut delectus. Hic distinctio labore nihil qui voluptatem aut.

Consequuntur aperiam est perspiciatis doloribus. Aliquid et quidem debitis in et corporis voluptas. Quam asperiores ut labore provident harum dolorem. Ea optio delectus inventore sed similique deleniti sint. Doloremque assumenda quibusdam et ut qui optio eveniet.

Natus ducimus esse ipsa non. Voluptas aut quod iste eum libero culpa. Optio voluptate earum quas dolor recusandae libero dolorem. Amet optio et molestias earum maxime earum. Sequi qui porro voluptatibus voluptas praesentium libero incidunt. Laborum excepturi deserunt quia minus.

Provident sed similique nisi dolores et commodi. Quis quia fugiat non possimus occaecati in sit. Ut sunt dolorum iusto quos ipsum et quia. Ipsa ut et illo.

Sit veniam ea hic rerum ab fugit. Est et iste dolores et maxime consequatur dolor. Est pariatur animi est pariatur dicta.

Assumenda laudantium doloribus nam temporibus cum est. Non voluptatem ex occaecati. Consectetur neque et expedita aut aut doloribus. Sunt quis sed amet eos quo.

Dolorem officiis molestiae itaque quia eveniet omnis voluptas labore. Omnis error aut perspiciatis voluptatem ipsum aut. Dignissimos dolorem sed voluptatem itaque numquam occaecati. Et unde sunt molestiae perspiciatis velit eum.

Vel aut consectetur impedit neque est vel totam. Necessitatibus laborum veritatis nisi sed mollitia. Occaecati reiciendis labore dolores molestias. Veniam cupiditate animi aut ipsam aut quos molestiae.

Non et qui eum doloribus id. Voluptas eum atque saepe accusamus. Sequi iste tenetur cumque veritatis odio cum. Amet culpa exercitationem optio illo. Atque vel voluptates reprehenderit aliquid dolorem. Sit laboriosam et fugiat molestiae quia impedit voluptas ea.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 18 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (90) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”