I am a sophomore majoring in engineering and trying to apply for a couple sophomore ibanking programs. I would really appreciate if you can
Thanks in advance!
These 6 FREE Financial Modeling Lessons
Can Help You Land Your $100k+ Dream Job
- Our Fun Excel Training and Challenge Contest
- DCF Modeling, Tons of Free Templates & Video Tutorials
- Valuation Lesson on Trading Comps
- Cash Flow Modeling and more!
- <strong>Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!</strong>: <em>Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a <a...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy) - Throwback Thursday - this was originally posted 2/28/12</em> Tried the search function, but couldn't find anything. I am a senior at a non-target. I wasn't able to get into banking. So I am considering alternatives to make some cash (high...
- I wrote this because while <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/ocr-the-saga-continues-alternate-title-i-now-have-cancer-of-the-nose">the other OCR thread</a> was hilarious (and accurate), I wanted to reach out to those who may still be struggling even though they...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-jobs">right here</a>), we would also create a WSO Applicant...
- My content intern @Lucas_M" is at it again! This time the top ranked (by silver bananas) posts related to networking, cold calling, and cold emailing. Enjoy! p.s. Need more networking advice? Check out our <a...
- In the old days many people perceived joining Wall Street was a golden ticket. They figured if you put your head down and work hard your career can be whatever you want it to be. Some thought they would make their money and be done in their thirties or forties. Others imagined they would keep...
- Thanks to my content intern @Lucas_m" for another great compilation post. This one covers on campus recruiting, interviews, and converting SA <span class='keyword_link'><a...
- Good news - you passed the 1st test - your resume has been accepted and they want a 1st round interview with you. A 1st round interview is just another screening tool to narrow the resume file further. Make sure you treat it as such. Having conducted 250-300 1st round interviews in my sixteen...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): Best of Eddie, this was originally posted in January 2011.</em> With Valentine's Day two short weeks away, some of your girlfriends are no doubt ratcheting up the pressure on you to pop the question on the most romantic day of the year. Maybe you...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): the link for the free WSO <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-dictionary/what-is-investment-banking-division-IBD">IBD</a></span> resume template is <a...
- Hi Guys! Recently received an offer from a BB S&T. I was really excited. But as time goes by, I think I am more interested in IBD, but they say it's too late now for me to switch. They said I...
- I've learned a great deal from these boards over the years, and in an attempt to give back I'd like to share a bit about my path in the event anyone is interested. As a bit of background prior to...
- Hi guys, just a couple of quick questions 1. for minority interest account in Equity, from what I understand that it acts like a retained earnings - meaning its beginning balance + profit to NCI -...
- While networking for SA positions, I had the opportunity to speak to an MD several months ago in an attractive coverage group. We've spoken several times since then, and he has been extremely helpful...
- My firm is building up their innovation consulting practice. Can't seem to really find any info. on what innovation consulting actually is. Anybody have some insight?
- Hey guys. So theres an opportunity for me to intern and do some rotation at Euler Hermies and hopefully impress them enough to land a full time position. My aim is to eventually move from there into...
- Mod Note (Andy): Read part one here Now that this crazy week is coming to an end I have some time to write another one of these posts. Part 1 gave an overview of the E&F industry, and now Part 2...
- I received an associate offer from McK for late-16/early-17 start. The letter states the offer is contingent on passing a background check. What type of background check is this, and what does this...
- Hey guys I'm 29 years old and currently have a BA in Economics from a non target in NYC. GPA = 3.2. Right now I'm in my full first semester full time at a semi target MAcc program in NYC slated to...
- While skimming the front page of the WSJ this afternoon, I came across an article on a new generation of symphony. The purpose of the article is to show how the performing arts industry is evolving...
- hi gotta quick qn for you guys I have been a trader for an early part of my career (tier 1 BB, rotated through fixed income, algo, fx) and recently left my job. I have since changed geography from...
- Hello all!! I just want to know whether the Princeton MSF is very quantitative.... and can a student with an average understanding of statistics and caluculus fare well at the program?? Thanks to all...
- At the top a lot of mega funds' equities business has slowed, given the amount of capital invested in the space, the difficulty of growing such large portfolio investments to realize a desired return...
- Hi All, Two weeks ago i had a technical phone interview with Sagent (Full-time). It went decently well, but i have not heard back yet. I was wondering if any of you knew if they have offered superday...
- Does this make Dell relavent in the tech sector again? Do you all think Dell lost some prestige after going private? Where is Dell in the tech space today? Thoughts?
Long term, which career path interests you the most?
Corporate Finance / Strategy / Development
Investment Advisor / PWM
Sales & Trading
Other Finance Role (academia, non-profit, government, legal, etc)
Other - Non Finance
Total votes: 529