The paid service is helpful, although $199 might be a bit steep (we shall see).

You basically fill out a questionnaire about yourself and resume, and then are matched with someone who will review your resume. You go back and forth until you are satisfied.

Best Response

hey Sid - we definitely don't just format the resume although often that is one of the most glaring needs for improvement on the resumes we receive.

We ask you detailed questions about your experiences (initial questionnaire + follow-ups), re-order / prioritize bullets (if needed), re-word bullets (often needed), etc.

We increased the price to $199 because the amount of time we spend on each was making it tough to keep up with how many new clients we were getting. Out of the ~50 or so clients we've had, not one has been dissatisfied with our service and the majority (90+%) have been very impressed with our changes...we even had to create a new page for our testimonials.

I know we are not the cheapest resume review around, but I think the premium paid is worth it (especially when your resume is often the first impression given to potential employers).

quag_mire:
Although I plan to mostly apply to S&T for SA, i will apply to a few IBD spots too...would you be able to use the resume I give you to create 2 separate resumes, one which focuses more on IBD (i.e. emphasize bullet points which are more IBD focused, remove some of the quantish bullets etc), and the other that is S&T focused ?

we can do this if you don't expect the resumes to be markedly different. If it is a question of moving 3-4 bullets around and another few lines, that should be fine. If it is a question of rewriting bullets for several new experiences and revamping the resume entirely, that is not fine.

It kind of depends on your experience, but my guess is that would only take some minor edits to reposition the resume.

-Patrick

Animi ipsam quam asperiores sint et ullam nam non. Consectetur consequatur sed aliquid facilis doloremque consequatur laborum. Rerum ex quae provident animi assumenda facilis magnam. Illo qui quo ut tempore est quisquam.

Asperiores ea porro deserunt. Repellendus reprehenderit cum vel voluptas.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
bolo up's picture
bolo up
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”