What is the 2012 Forum Post of the Year? (Links for each post are in comments)
My not-so-secrets to success
4% (6 votes)
WSO, It Is Time To Talk
5% (8 votes)
Life after Investment Banking
20% (31 votes)
Silly Shit Interns Do
20% (31 votes)
Hedge Fund: The Investment Life Cycle
3% (5 votes)
The Drunk MD Story
13% (20 votes)
How to negotiate for more money during the interview process
3% (5 votes)
Target vs. Non-Target
8% (12 votes)
4% (7 votes)
What You Should've Done by 21: a Controversial Guide to a Realistic Outlook
8% (13 votes)
Transitioning from IB to HF Series - Part 1: Getting the Interview
5% (8 votes)
Putting It Out There - the story
3% (4 votes)
other (please comment)
4% (7 votes)
Total votes: 157
- Throughout my career I was constantly reminded of how little I knew. When I interviewed for the job at <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/company/goldman-sachs" target="_blank">Goldman Sachs</a></span>, as...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): Check out wilowallstreet's AMA <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/ask-an-ex-ib-md-anything">here</a>. The AMA is still live and he is actively answering any questions that you may have.</em> I learnt a lot about failure...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): #TBT Throwback Thursday - this was originally posted in 2006. To see all of our top content from the past, click <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/highest-ranked-discussions">here.</a></em> So I'm new here and spent a good deal...
- <strong>Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!</strong>: <em>Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a <a...
- You can ask me anything. I know there are probably a lot of questions you wish you could ask your boss, but can't. I was at <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-dictionary/what-is-the-bulge-bracket-BB">bulge...
- In the forums I see a lot of questions and comments contrasting banking and the buy-side. It seems many of you are thinking about all the right topics, and I want to share with you some of my insights from my own career at Goldman and Carlyle as well as from working with clients on both...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-jobs">right here</a>), we would also create a WSO Applicant...
- So, I know this doesn't go in here, but I know the Other Road won't get any views on this or very many, and its not exactly Sales and Trading. I've been working in a sales development role at a hot startup in the SaaS sphere. We are innovating and disrupting in our field, and...
- A week ago, I began my series of posts on the drug business, starting with <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/divergence-in-the-drug-businesses-pharmaceuticals-and-biotechnology">my perspective on how the business is changing</a> and then moving on to post on...
- WSO is now accepting applications to be a Campus Rep at your university for the second semester of the 2015-16 school year. We currently have 52 reps signed up but would love to add 15-20 more. We are looking for motivated students with a solid work ethic and strong...
- Post any questions you may have and I'll do my best to answer! There doesn't seem to be much information on this website regarding this niche role so I'd like to just expand on this and hopefully...
- No surprise here. This trend is only going to accelerate, as hedge funds and asset management firms hire brilliant computer scientists for research and investing roles. It will be interesting to...
- I think this would be very helpful for MBA candidates. I'll shoot first . Was in Chicago visiting Kellogg and Booth, met a handful of current students (& alum) and learned something I found...
- From Bloomberg:"Many people in the sector still believe they should be paid entrepreneurial wages for turning up to work with a regular salary, a pension and probably a health-care scheme and playing...
- We are looking for several talented student writers / young professionals to contribute posts to WSO with the goal of raising the level of quality of content in our forums and on the frontpage....
- I worked as a management consultant for 4 years. I learned a bunch of stuff about business and strategy and operations. I also learned how to sound smart about something I knew nothing about, and how...
- Wall Street Oasis is looking for several hard working individuals to join our intern team to help with online-marketing tasks, specifically Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and link-building. See...
- I've received an offer for a 6 month M&A internship where the best interns are hired full time. Having met the other candidates, my competition, I'm concerned that I might be out of my depth. A...
- Mod Note (Andy): See the great comment below by user APAE At risk of sounding totally entitled and arrogant, I'm just gonna ask it the way it is... I'm 20 and have have inherited enough money that I...
- I've heard conflicting answers from a lot of different people regarding this question and thought I'd poll the forum for advice. Can one network their way into a MM REPE shop out of b-school rather...
- I wanted to throw this out here and see what WSO thought of this situation. I currently have an offer for a SA with a BB in operations. My concern is that while doing the background check the BB...
- Hi everyone. Will be working as a FT IBD analyst at a BB in midtown. Wondering if it makes sense to live in a studio as a first year. Can you find a reasonable studio in a reasonable neighborhood for...
- Hello all, This is actually my first post ever. I have a question regarding Houlihan Lokey. Is the preferred name for the company just Houlihan Lokey or Houlihan Lokey Howard & Zukin? Likewise,...
- For 24 hours only (until 2pm ET Saturday 11/28/15), WSO is offering 50% off access to our video library which is full of 100+ Exclusive Finance Videos, including mock interviews and ALL of our...
- Hi all, Recently accepted my offer at an MBB in a major city (think Chicago, LA, NYC) and have the opportunity to join mid-summer or early/mid fall. Recognizing PE recruiting keeps occurring earlier...
Long term, which career path interests you the most?
Corporate Finance / Strategy / Development
Investment Advisor / PWM
Sales & Trading
Other Finance Role (academia, non-profit, government, legal, etc)
Other - Non Finance
Total votes: 1198