What is the 2012 Forum Post of the Year? (Links for each post are in comments)
My not-so-secrets to success
4% (6 votes)
WSO, It Is Time To Talk
5% (8 votes)
Life after Investment Banking
20% (31 votes)
Silly Shit Interns Do
20% (31 votes)
Hedge Fund: The Investment Life Cycle
3% (5 votes)
The Drunk MD Story
13% (20 votes)
How to negotiate for more money during the interview process
3% (5 votes)
Target vs. Non-Target
8% (12 votes)
4% (7 votes)
What You Should've Done by 21: a Controversial Guide to a Realistic Outlook
8% (13 votes)
Transitioning from IB to HF Series - Part 1: Getting the Interview
5% (8 votes)
Putting It Out There - the story
3% (4 votes)
other (please comment)
4% (7 votes)
Total votes: 157
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- So, apparently I haven't been on this site in while, and it'd be a shame to make a return to just complain, but I've emptied the beers from the minibar and it's still way too early to sleep, my body now evading anything approaching a circadian rhythm. Instead of sleeping,...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy), Throwback Thursday, this was originally posted on 7/2/13. The very talented author of this post, moneymogul, is also the author of our <strong><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/blog/new-finance-internship-guide-just-released">Finance...
- We have not done an overview in quite some time and needed a post specific to Wall Street. This will elaborate a bit on our hedge fund posts and provide an overview for those that are interested in Investment Banking (You will work closely with Leverage Finance at some point in your career). As...
- I haven’t seen this topic discussed much on WSO. When it comes to inheritance, the common wisdom is that when parents pass on, whatever they have goes to their kids. Clearly, this choice is considerably harder for the wealthy than for the rest of population. Considering that a huge percentage...
- I wanted to share some insight on what it’s like having been through a few things after graduating from college. For reference, I graduated from a non-target school and got my first job within 2 months of graduation. It was a long-term temp.-to-perm. at a <span...
- There is no better place than WSO to ask this - <strong> are psychostimulants gradually becoming mandatory workplace drug in the US? </strong> Americans work longer hours and take fewer vacations than most others in the developed world. And God knows people in finance get worked...
- Hey WSO, happy to answer your questions today and tomorrow. I can answer any questions regarding: <ul> <li>networking</li> <li>application process</li> <li>interviewing/interview prep process</li> <li>recruiting process</li> ...
- <b>Another 100+ Questions Added...Now Over 500+</b>: We've sifted through 2 THOUSAND+ more questions submitted to the WSO <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/wso-company-database">Company...
- <strong><span class='keyword_link'><a href="https://gv142.isrefer.com/go/wso35/wsoasis/">Financial modeling</a></span></strong> is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of <span...
- <strong>Project description: Finance / Wall Street / Business Blogger</strong> We are looking for several talented writers (professionals in the finance industry preferred) to blog for WallStreetOasis. There is a list of suggested topics you can choose from but if there is an area...
- So I am moving across the country and have been interviewing like mad. I have a job offer on the table and am looking for some advice on the possible benefits of taking the position as an analyst...
- Hello ! Can someone tell me more about what consulting is ? What does it consist of ? I didn't really understand what a consultant do ....
- I wanted to share some insight on what it’s like having been through a few things after graduating from college. For reference, I graduated from a non-target school and got my first job within 2...
- 1. #MCX #Copper trading consolidate trend with support at 386-384 and a resistance at 389-391, Trading range 384-390. Follow us @pinnacleindore 2. #MCX Gold trading Sideways to Bullish, Support at...
- There is a headhunters in London called Greenwich Partners and they always have good roles posted on their site for banking & PE, however I have tried to contact them numerous times to discuss...
- Hi guys, I am a 19 year old conscript (sergeant) in Singapore. I am heading to an undergraduate business course at a local target university (NUS) in August '16, where banks conduct on campus...
- Hi, I'm about to resign from my position as an analyst at a PE. I'm asked to sign a non-solicitation agreemeent. I'm not allowed to "solicit business from or perform services for or enter into any...
- "Luxembourg: One of Europe’s Hidden Gems" Europe is best known for its major tourist destination: London or Paris. These cities have achieved their status for a reason, they are abounding in things...
- “I wish I had this chance if I was your age again.” - said my MD when I resigned in April 2013. (He wouldn't let me later go until August) Hi Gorillas, Orangutans, Baboons, Monkeys, and Chimps: I’m a...
- Stock Market Analysis It was a profitable week on Wall Street. Large and small stocks, as measured by the S&P 500 and Russell 2000, respectively, both gained over 1%. The biggest advances...
- Hello everyone, I know this question has been asked a thousand times already, but as expected, everyone has their own qualifications and I wanted opinions on mine, and I was wondering whether I could...
- Managing the day-to-day activities in the business is a challenge especially if your boss expects so many from you and your subordinates look up to you. Generating profitable sales depends on...
- Thousands of expatriates leave their homes every year to explore opportunities in other countries. Even almost developed cities such as Yokohama, Japan, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia hire...
- Hi all, I have (very) recently begun getting heavily interested in the world of corporate finance, banking, and investment banking. I do not come from any top institution with any world-renown...
- Placement day for SA is coming up. Usually, HR sends a list of groups that are taking interns along with blurbs summarizing the group and a few contacts. Basically, what happens is that everyone...
What's your favorite possession?
TV / Entertainment system
Clothing & accessories
Laptop / tablet
Xbox One / PS4 etc
Stereo / audio equipment
Nothing, I'm a broke student
Other (add to comments)
Total votes: 481