Why would you NOT buy an earlybird ticket ($79) to the WSO conference?
I'm scared of the monkey mascot
18% (29 votes)
I can't / don't want to attend
20% (32 votes)
I plan to go but will wait until the last possible second to buy because I always procrastinate on things
7% (11 votes)
Cant afford it (live outside of NYC area and would have to pay for travel expenses)
28% (45 votes)
Too far into the future - I'm interested but unsure if I'll be able to go
17% (27 votes)
N/A - I already bought my ticket, see you there!
8% (12 votes)
Other (please comment)
2% (3 votes)
Total votes: 159
- Throughout my career I was constantly reminded of how little I knew. When I interviewed for the job at <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/company/goldman-sachs" target="_blank">Goldman Sachs</a></span>, as...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): Check out wilowallstreet's AMA <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/ask-an-ex-ib-md-anything">here</a>. The AMA is still live and he is actively answering any questions that you may have.</em> I learnt a lot about failure...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): #TBT Throwback Thursday - this was originally posted in 2006. To see all of our top content from the past, click <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/highest-ranked-discussions">here.</a></em> So I'm new here and spent a good deal...
- <strong>Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!</strong>: <em>Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a <a...
- You can ask me anything. I know there are probably a lot of questions you wish you could ask your boss, but can't. I was at <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-dictionary/what-is-the-bulge-bracket-BB">bulge...
- In the forums I see a lot of questions and comments contrasting banking and the buy-side. It seems many of you are thinking about all the right topics, and I want to share with you some of my insights from my own career at Goldman and Carlyle as well as from working with clients on both...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-jobs">right here</a>), we would also create a WSO Applicant...
- A week ago, I began my series of posts on the drug business, starting with <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/divergence-in-the-drug-businesses-pharmaceuticals-and-biotechnology">my perspective on how the business is changing</a> and then moving on to post on...
- So, I know this doesn't go in here, but I know the Other Road won't get any views on this or very many, and its not exactly Sales and Trading. I've been working in a sales development role at a hot startup in the SaaS sphere. We are innovating and disrupting in our field, and...
- WSO is now accepting applications to be a Campus Rep at your university for the second semester of the 2015-16 school year. We currently have 52 reps signed up but would love to add 15-20 more. We are looking for motivated students with a solid work ethic and strong...
- Post any questions you may have and I'll do my best to answer! There doesn't seem to be much information on this website regarding this niche role so I'd like to just expand on this and hopefully...
- No surprise here. This trend is only going to accelerate, as hedge funds and asset management firms hire brilliant computer scientists for research and investing roles. It will be interesting to...
- I think this would be very helpful for MBA candidates. I'll shoot first . Was in Chicago visiting Kellogg and Booth, met a handful of current students (& alum) and learned something I found...
- From Bloomberg:"Many people in the sector still believe they should be paid entrepreneurial wages for turning up to work with a regular salary, a pension and probably a health-care scheme and playing...
- We are looking for several talented student writers / young professionals to contribute posts to WSO with the goal of raising the level of quality of content in our forums and on the frontpage....
- I worked as a management consultant for 4 years. I learned a bunch of stuff about business and strategy and operations. I also learned how to sound smart about something I knew nothing about, and how...
- Wall Street Oasis is looking for several hard working individuals to join our intern team to help with online-marketing tasks, specifically Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and link-building. See...
- In 25 words or less, provide us with an interesting fact about yourself not expressed elsewhere in your application. What are they looking for here? Career dedication? Community involvement? That...
- I'm hosting a WSO webinar on Thursday, December 3rd about my application to Wharton and how I got in, despite having a low gmat score (only 10% of admitted students had a GMAT under 700, and mine was...
- I'm a Canadian senior looking to get into IB or ER. Any advice would be great. Thanks guys
- I've received an offer for a 6 month M&A internship where the best interns are hired full time. Having met the other candidates, my competition, I'm concerned that I might be out of my depth. A...
- Suppose that i have a friend that will give me $8,000 to invest in the stock market and I want to start a hedge fund. What are the legal or startup cost of the most simplest legal structure? Is there...
- Mod Note (Andy): See the great comment below by user APAE At risk of sounding totally entitled and arrogant, I'm just gonna ask it the way it is... I'm 20 and have have inherited enough money that I...
- I've heard conflicting answers from a lot of different people regarding this question and thought I'd poll the forum for advice. Can one network their way into a MM REPE shop out of b-school rather...
- I wanted to throw this out here and see what WSO thought of this situation. I currently have an offer for a SA with a BB in operations. My concern is that while doing the background check the BB...
Long term, which career path interests you the most?
Corporate Finance / Strategy / Development
Investment Advisor / PWM
Sales & Trading
Other Finance Role (academia, non-profit, government, legal, etc)
Other - Non Finance
Total votes: 1201