Will you ever get rich?
It used to be an easy question to answer if you were headed to Wall Street.
Not so much today...
Yet another look at America's growing wealth gap doesn't instill confidence.
In fact, if you stop to actually read the article you may wind up looking in the mirror and asking yourself some difficult questions with regards to your goals, aspirations and ambitions.
Proceed... with caution.
Very disturbingly the poorest 90 % of Americans make an average of $31,244 a year. While the richest 1% make a hardly inspiring $1.1 million plus.
Two Very Disturbing Extrapolations
1) $31,244 is a very humble amount of money. It is a very humble amount of money if you are a single person in their 20's living in a studio apartment in a not-so-terrific urban neighborhood. Taking into account this must read Zero Hedge article, (assist to VTech Forever on that one) we can safely say that the majority of today's middle class...really is poor. For an average of ~$30K to apply to 90% of the population (i.e. ~270,000,000 people) there has to be an anchor of dead weight pulling down the honest hardworking sub-six figure crowd subsidizing them.
But who cares...we are the elite,right?
Let us examine...
2) $1.1 million dollars is a nice chunk of change. Let's be clear. A mil definitely does not buy you what it once did. But it's still a nice number...
If the top %1 of Americans (i.e. 3,000,000) make a mil...how discrepant is that figure, really?
Considering how many F50-1000 bosses make a lot more, considering the billionaires and media megastars involved...how many people are actually making that much?
Isn't it highly likely that the "typical Wall Street stiff making $400K/year" is the caboose pulling down this party wagon?
Isn't it actually becoming a reality that in the top 1%, the monkeys and the chimps are the anchor babies making the disgusting discrepancy seem more paletteable in this sort of analysis?
Tell me, monkeys...
What do these figures tell you?
Then think about it and answer honestly...
Will you ever really be rich or will you be paying someone else's free lunch so the real %1 do not have to?
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- This Poker Player’s Instagram Makes The Rich Kids Of Instagram Look Poor
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids about Money- That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!
- NSFW Episode 16: Libya, Wisconsin, Wealth Gap
- The translation and interpretation services bridges the linguistic gaps
- Back To the Sixties–Output Gaps or Phillips Curves?
- Eat The Poor
- The Untapped Energy Riches of Uzbekistan
- Do the Rich Work Harder?