This is frankly infuriating. Governor Scott Walker of Wisconsin and the State Legislature are trying to pass a bill that will strip Unions of collective bargaining rights and shift a fraction of their pension and healthcare cuts onto them. This is an average of a $153 pay cut per month. The Unions are in uproar about this, frankly it is idiotic.
1. The state would have to fire 6,000 workers if this bill is not passed. So the Unions are essentially sending their lackeys out to campaign for marginally higher wages, and to lose jobs. And before you say, "those teachers get no $, ~$1400 is a lot to them" the average teacher in a city in Wisconsin gets paid $100,000 $100,000!!!!!
2. The school teachers have all "called in sick" and caused state wide shutdowns of the public education system. OK...that's helping out the students. I say fire 6,000 teachers. Do we really need college graduates to teach PE, Art, Remedial Math, etc.? No.
3. It's not like the rights will be gone forever, in a few years there will be a referendum to decide whether to restore the government worker's union rights. But they know the taxpayers don't wanna pay teachers $100k to bitch about low pay and shitty students.
4. When Jesse Jackson is organizing shit, you know your're in the wrong.
5. The Democrats in the legislature in Wisconsin ran away to Illinois to avoid passing the law due to there not being a quorum. This happened in Texas too. Hopefully one senator has a conscience or remained in state so they can be forcefully escorted to the capitol. They should all be arrested. If a normal person skipped out on his job for multiple days he would be fired on solid grounds, if Senators do it, it's the democratic and right thing to do...disgusting.
6. Obama supports the unions....surprise surprise. They forced donations to his political campaign and they are one of the few areas that actually support what he is doing. When what has been happening to the private sector for the past few years (losing jobs, lower wages, etc.) happens to the public....well we can't stand for that. Our ratio of managers to workers in government is like 1:6 vs. like 1:23 for the private sector.
DON'T GIVE UP SCOTT I SUPPORT YOU!!!!!!