I'll be honest here, I've been watching Breaking Bad and I'm very curious about the subject. Mafia employs accountants and "Corporate strategy" type of people and I've been wondering: would you guys do it?
Here are a few arguments for/against working for the Mafia/Cartel:
- If you work for the Mob at least you're not manipulating the Libor. The ethic is debatable but people could argue that Bankers are evil too
- The risk is obvious so that's an argument against doing it.
- It's damn exciting compared to Banking/Corporate Finance. It's the only accounting position which involves adrenaline
- You'll have a gap on your resume if you leave and want to go back to a "normal" job. If they let you get out at all...
- It's a growing business, not a lot of down cycles
Have you got any clue on how they recruit people? Have someone ever contacted you to do something even remotely related to that?
- Associate Editor at Mergers & Inquisitions