• Sharebar

I just wanted to thank WSO members for the second time. I got a job offer recently (and accepted it) in almost exactly what I want to do within finance. I'm not going to get into specifics here because of confidentiality reasons, but I'm a lucky guy and wanted to show appreciation for the valuable nuggets of wisdom the WSO community has provided me with over the years. Even a year ago, I never thought I would be in the position that I am today, but through self learning, elbow grease, and being in the right place at the right time, I was able to get what I wanted. Special thanks to SirTradesaLot for helping me negotiate the offer, as well as numerous others like BlackHat, WhiteHat, TheKing, and CompBanker for answering my PMs and giving me advice in the past that has led to this point.

If anyone out there needs advice on buyside recruiting, I'd be happy to answer PMs.

The WSO Advantage - Land Your Dream Job

Financial Modeling Training

IB Templates, M&A, LBO, Valuation. Learn More.

Wall St. Interview Secrets Revealed

30,000+ sold & REAL questions. Learn More.

Resume Help from Finance Pros

Land More Interviews. Learn More.

Find Your Mentor

Realistic Mock Interviews. Learn More.

Comments (23)

• SirTradesaLot's picture

Congrats!

adapt or die:
    What would P.T. Barnum say about you?

MY BLOG

• RichardPennybags's picture

**** *******, get money! WELL DONE!

"Every man should lose a battle in his youth, so he does not lose a war when he is old"

• GPMagnus's picture

Thanks for being thankful - it's all too rare these days, and I will likely take you up on your offer via PM :)

• yeahright's picture

Congrats man.

Frank Sinatra - "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy."

The WSO Advantage - Land Your Dream Job

Financial Modeling Training

IB Templates, M&A, LBO, Valuation. Learn More.

Wall St. Interview Secrets Revealed

30,000+ sold & REAL questions. Learn More.

Resume Help from Finance Pros

Land More Interviews. Learn More.

Find Your Mentor

Realistic Mock Interviews. Learn More.

• eignenvector's picture

Ball so hard!!

"When you expect things to happen - strangely enough - they do happen."
    - JP Morgan

• In reply to eignenvector
    mikesswimn's picture

eignenvector:
    Ball so hard!!

That shit cray! (had to do it)

Big congrats, OP!

"My caddie's chauffeur informs me that a bank is a place where people put money that isn't properly invested."

• vdsas16's picture

Would you mind giving us say, your top 3 tips for buyside recruiting or just what helped you the most?

Thank you and congratulations!

• azndevil666's picture

1) Work really hard to allocate your time effectively between your job & job search
    2) Be incredibly resourceful to get your resume and name out there
    3) Don't follow the crowd

• azndevil666's picture

Also, some general tips:
    1) Force yourself into uncomfortable situations to grow and improve
    2) Under-spend your income, live frugally, have enough saved for a rainy day
    3) Don't be a dick
    4) Be patient
    5) Learn from the mistakes of others
    6) Having an ivy league degree (coming from someone that does) is overrated
    7) The best opportunities & learning experiences come from the proverbial shit hitting the fan
    8) From someone that is introverted but not shy, you have to find workarounds to deal with the workplace/business culture

• Golf7's picture

Thanks for the post, I will take you up on some questions via PM in the future

• kingsize123's picture

8) From someone that is introverted but not shy, you have to find workarounds to deal with the workplace/business culture

How do you do that? I ask because I am dealing with very similar issues that may impede my career growth...congrats on the new job..

• stvr2013's picture

What's your background? Previous work experience, schooling, etc.

• azndevil666's picture

Thanks guys!

• zerojb34's picture
  • alphasilverback's picture

To unlock this content for free, please login / register below.

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google

Connecting helps us build a vibrant community. We'll never share your info without your permission. Sign up with email or if you are already a member, login here Bonus: Also get 6 free financial modeling lessons for free ($200+ value) when you register!

We can't rely on anyone these days, we just have to do things ourselves don't we?

• azndevil666's picture

• Viktri's picture

- V

• paul029's picture