1,000,000 to 1 In The Job Market
I just wanted to thank WSO members for the second time. I got a job offer recently (and accepted it) in almost exactly what I want to do within finance. I'm not going to get into specifics here because of confidentiality reasons, but I'm a lucky guy and wanted to show appreciation for the valuable nuggets of wisdom the WSO community has provided me with over the years. Even a year ago, I never thought I would be in the position that I am today, but through self learning, elbow grease, and being in the right place at the right time, I was able to get what I wanted. Special thanks to SirTradesaLot for helping me negotiate the offer, as well as numerous others like BlackHat, WhiteHat, TheKing, and CompBanker for answering my PMs and giving me advice in the past that has led to this point.
If anyone out there needs advice on buyside recruiting, I'd be happy to answer PMs.
Congrats!
congrats az !
**** *******, get money! WELL DONE!
Congrats man!
Thanks for being thankful - it's all too rare these days, and I will likely take you up on your offer via PM :)
Congrats man.
Ball so hard!!
That shit cray! (had to do it)
Big congrats, OP!
Would you mind giving us say, your top 3 tips for buyside recruiting or just what helped you the most?
Thank you and congratulations!
1) Work really hard to allocate your time effectively between your job & job search 2) Be incredibly resourceful to get your resume and name out there 3) Don't follow the crowd
Also, some general tips: 1) Force yourself into uncomfortable situations to grow and improve 2) Under-spend your income, live frugally, have enough saved for a rainy day 3) Don't be a dick 4) Be patient 5) Learn from the mistakes of others 6) Having an ivy league degree (coming from someone that does) is overrated 7) The best opportunities & learning experiences come from the proverbial shit hitting the fan 8) From someone that is introverted but not shy, you have to find workarounds to deal with the workplace/business culture
Thanks for the post, I will take you up on some questions via PM in the future
Congrats!
8) From someone that is introverted but not shy, you have to find workarounds to deal with the workplace/business culture
How do you do that? I ask because I am dealing with very similar issues that may impede my career growth...congrats on the new job..
congrats! i hope to be making a similar post next year lol
What's your background? Previous work experience, schooling, etc.
Thanks guys!
congrats
Congratsss
Thanks again everyone. For confidentiality reasons, I can't disclose my information on the thread.
Repellat quos cupiditate aliquam. Neque ea magnam vero dolorum omnis aut quam odio. Est deserunt aut enim nihil. Qui voluptas consectetur qui ullam dolore enim corporis. Occaecati libero sed dolorum nam amet.
Voluptatum dolor architecto recusandae corrupti dolor. Blanditiis adipisci aperiam sed quidem quis. Corporis autem est quaerat minima sunt quod. Quibusdam culpa atque at necessitatibus ipsa iste. Corporis vel iste consectetur et officiis voluptas repudiandae.
Nemo dolorum et enim nihil iusto inventore. Eos assumenda et quod eveniet quia et. Voluptatum voluptatem est doloremque beatae error quae modi voluptatibus. Voluptatem enim aut non provident et cumque. Nisi animi et alias deleniti voluptas saepe impedit.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...
Debitis quas ducimus similique est et alias exercitationem. Et laboriosam autem recusandae sed dolorum sint. Aut voluptatem quis aut architecto. Consequatur labore nemo et illum harum. Rem consequatur provident veniam tenetur consectetur eos.