- Throughout my career I was constantly reminded of how little I knew. When I interviewed for the job at <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/company/goldman-sachs" target="_blank">Goldman Sachs</a></span>, as...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): #TBT Throwback Thursday - this was originally posted in 2006. To see all of our top content from the past, click <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/highest-ranked-discussions">here.</a></em> So I'm new here and spent a good deal...
- <strong>Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!</strong>: <em>Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a <a...
- You can ask me anything. I know there are probably a lot of questions you wish you could ask your boss, but can't. I was at <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-dictionary/what-is-the-bulge-bracket-BB">bulge...
- <em>Post any questions you may have and I'll do my best to answer!</em> There doesn't seem to be much information on this website regarding this niche role so I'd like to just expand on this and hopefully future readers can gain insight on this function. I...
- Hello all, I was suddenly grabbed by an idea to write down the lessons I learned from the ten interviews across seven different positions and 6 different companies I attended in the past 2.5 months on the road to my first job out of university. I started brainstorming in rough chronological...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-jobs">right here</a>), we would also create a WSO Applicant...
- <p>I worked as a management consultant for 4 years.</p> <p>I learned a bunch of stuff about business and strategy and operations.</p> <p>I also learned how to sound smart about something I knew nothing about, and how to use jargon to make simple things sound...
- A week ago, I began my series of posts on the drug business, starting with <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/divergence-in-the-drug-businesses-pharmaceuticals-and-biotechnology">my perspective on how the business is changing</a> and then moving on to post on...
- So I am from a very non-targeted Southern school. I grew up in a small South Carolina town and I am the first in my family to get a degree from an accredited school. I didn't come from much money (my family was in real estate and the recession really hurt us), so I had to pay for college....
- I saw this on hacker news and thought it was worth posting here.http://www.okwu.edu/blog/2015/11/this-is-not-a-day...
- What do you guys think? If I Was President.
- Hi All, Currently a first year MBA candidate at a program ranking in the 30-50 range. I have been striking out on BB and top MM IB opportunities which was my initial goal. There are several F500...
- Gawker: Pharmaceuticals Rapscallion Martin Shkreli Now Playing the Stock Market Like a Goddamn Pan Flute --- Here's a fun story a few weeks in the making, starring everyone's favorite price-gouging...
- My content intern @Lucas_M is at it again! This time the top ranked (by silver bananas) posts related to networking, cold calling, and cold emailing. Enjoy! p.s. Need more networking advice? Check...
- I have an offer to intern in Susquehanna international group near philadelphia. I'm wondering what the salary is like after a few years? Potential upside including bonus? Thanks.
- Hey everyone, we're making a market data platform for traders called TRDATA, which is absolutely free to use and currently has FI coverage in CIS, and partly Europe, Africa & Middle East. For...
- In a normal trading year, December tends to be relatively dull, with markets registering a lower volume and reduced volatility. But this time round it looks rather differed as we seem to be poised...
- Hey Guys. Question as above. Some people have said it's a no-brainer to pick the place where you like the people more. Some others have said it's a no-brainer to get the brand, especially for a 2yr...
- Apple iPhone 6s 16GB - $500USD Apple iPad 5 Air Wi-Fi + 4G 128GB ....$450USD Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus .... $450USD
- HI all, I have been reading the forum for a while and I have learned very much.... I'm a atudent from europe and I have an upcoming interview for an internship with the head of research. I'm...
- Title says it all. If somebody would be kind enough to PM me equity research report(s) on SCHW I would be eternally grateful!
- Any thoughts between an trading assistant job in DRW in london vs SIG in dublin? In terms of pay, career progression, education etc?
- Stock Market Analysis Last week transportation and utility averages suffered small declines. Large stocks in the NASDAQ also experienced a slight decline. Instead, it was a week for the small stocks...
- Although the world has greatly improved when it comes to technology and modernity, we can only fully emphasize our futuristic potential with the wipeout of wires and cords. And we are nearing that...
Long term, which career path interests you the most?
Corporate Finance / Strategy / Development
Investment Advisor / PWM
Sales & Trading
Other Finance Role (academia, non-profit, government, legal, etc)
Other - Non Finance
Total votes: 1233