Pages

11/10/11

Updated 2/7/2012:

All BB offers are out so which bank will u join next summer?
ill keep the posted updated.

GS:
MS:
JPM: Papagogo,
DB: rossgs210,
CS:
Citi:
UBS:
BAML:
BarCap: algorhythm,

Comments (342)

11/22/11

I think someone has got interview invitation for MS IBD SA.

The WSO Advantage - Investment Banking

Financial Modeling Training

IB Templates, M&A, LBO, Valuation +

IB Interview Prep Pack

30,000+ sold & REAL questions.

Resume Help from Actual IB Pros

Land More IB Interviews.

Find Your Perfect IB Mentor

Realistic IB Mock Interviews.

In reply to weibanche
11/22/11
weibanche:

I think someone has got interview invitation for MS IBD SA.

got the interview invitation already. anyone hear back from any other firms? thx.

11/22/11

Just got a call from MS asking if I would choose NY office over HK.

11/22/11

Got a phone interview for SocGen S&T. No replies from any of the others.

In reply to xruan
11/22/11
xruan:

Just got a call from MS asking if I would choose NY office over HK.

Wow. And socgen.... Such a random company...

In reply to JWR34
11/22/11
JWR34:

Got a phone interview for SocGen S&T. No replies from any of the others.

Thz for the update btw

11/28/11

GS have given out some accelerated interviews.

Anyone knows other updates?

In reply to weibanche
11/28/11
weibanche:

GS have given out some accelerated interviews.

Anyone knows other updates?

seriously? GS has AP in APAC?

11/29/11

I love WSO... this forum is simply awesome....lol

11/29/11

Rossgs210, no you fucking retarded fob...the Einstein in front of you mistakenly referred US AP.

11/30/11

Another BB has sent out their invites for first round. Has anyone heard from GS?

11/30/11

Is it looked down upon to apply to both the NYC and HK offices?

11/30/11

^ Yes, you can end up with neither.

11/30/11

In regards to applying to two locations I've always been told it's fine but they expect you to select just one after the first round interview. This is in the context of NYC vs Houston though. May be different internationally.

12/1/11

anyone heard back from CS or ML?

12/1/11

all under review....any one heard back from citi?

12/1/11
12/2/11
12/4/11

has anyone heard back from BoAML?

12/4/11

some of my friends got macquarie...

In reply to weibanche
12/4/11
weibanche:

some of my friends got macquarie...

this is a BB thread.

In reply to Gubaidulina
12/4/11
Gubaidulina:

has anyone heard back from BoAML?

dont think so, though they started the process pretty early in the past few years.

12/5/11

anyone heard back from CS?

12/6/11

Phone interview finished with Barcap S&T
Not heard from others...

Anyone heard something for S&T?

12/6/11

i havnt heard back from JPM nor MS, does it mean I already got screened out?

12/7/11

rossgs210, did you hear back from MS?

In reply to BrokenBanana
12/7/11
BrokenBanana:

I was told after my first round interview with MS last weekend that they might let us know by the end of this week for second round...

The WSO Advantage - Investment Banking

Financial Modeling Training

IB Templates, M&A, LBO, Valuation +

IB Interview Prep Pack

30,000+ sold & REAL questions.

Resume Help from Actual IB Pros

Land More IB Interviews.

Find Your Perfect IB Mentor

Realistic IB Mock Interviews.

12/9/11
In reply to BrokenBanana
12/9/11
BrokenBanana:

bump ni ma de up

hahaha. love it!

12/9/11

hi guys anyone received a first round invite for barcap ibd? mine seems to be a skype interview... with an avp. is this normal?? i would've thought it would be a phone interview with analysts/associates

12/9/11

just heard back from gs beijing even though i applied to gs hong kong. is this normal?

had first round w/ ms, still waiting on everything else...

12/9/11

BoAML invite first round HK for S&T

12/9/11
12/11/11

gnalk, have you had this alraedy? was it mostly fit or pretty technical?

In reply to Gubaidulina
12/12/11
Gubaidulina:
BrokenBanana:

I was told after my first round interview with MS last weekend that they might let us know by the end of this week for second round...

did you interview in person or over the phone w/ ms?

12/12/11

rossgs: just wondering did you apply well before the deadline?

In reply to golden999
12/12/11
asianracist:

rossgs: just wondering did you apply well before the deadline?

i updated the thread based on my friends' and mine application status. so cannot answer your question. :)

12/12/11

barcap ibd is out -- skype interview as well

In reply to moose58
12/12/11
moose58:
Gubaidulina:
BrokenBanana:

did you interview in person or over the phone w/ ms?

I interviewed twice over the phone.

12/12/11

when did you guys hear from citi?

12/12/11

does it look bad to apply to many different locations for the same BB (all IB tho, not IB and then CM and S&T)

ex: UBS LA
UBS San Fran healthcare
UBS NY financial sponsors group
UBS Chicago

my thought, would just increase my chances for all these different groups applying to, but now might show im not stable or dnt knw what i want? truth is, il work in a basement if i learn M&A from a BB IB, so ya i dnt care where i am, i just want the experience!

12/12/11

does it look bad to apply to many different locations for the same BB (all IB tho, not IB and then CM and S&T)

ex: UBS LA
UBS San Fran healthcare
UBS NY financial sponsors group
UBS Chicago

my thought, would just increase my chances for all these different groups applying to, but now might show im not stable or dnt knw what i want? truth is, il work in a basement if i learn M&A from a BB IB, so ya i dnt care where i am, i just want the experience!

12/13/11
12/13/11

when did you apply?

my OCR resume drop was due last night before midnight. if you did through campus recruitment, how long did you wait to hear back?

12/13/11

heard back from credit suisse ibd

12/13/11
12/13/11

last day of deadline back in mid nov.

12/13/11

Did anyone else besides non-target BB Banker hear back?

So what banks have reached out?

GS, MS, BAML, CS??

What banks are we all still waiting on?

DB, Citi?

12/14/11

btw, UBS said will let people know by mid-December. so anytime now...

12/14/11

did interview with barcap SNT, and socgen SNT last week. any news on ACs coming up?

got invite for GS SNT but the team never called within specified time lol... wtf?

12/14/11

do you guys know if different divisions get recruited via separate methods? and then all applicants pooled together for Superday?

12/14/11

Has anyone heard back from JPM???? I have interviewed with Goldman MS and CS but still haven't heard anything from JPM! I am wondering if anyone here got first round in recent few days?

In reply to algorhythm
12/14/11
algorhythm:

do you guys know if different divisions get recruited via separate methods? and then all applicants pooled together for Superday?

Yes, as far as I know, recruiting is separate for different divisions.

12/14/11

Submitted my Barcap and Citi asia apps on November 29. Both still say "still under consideration". I see ppl have been getting 1st rounds..Anybody know what that means for me? Rejected?? Waitlisted? Or still hope for a 1st round interview?

12/14/11

Submitted my Barcap and Citi asia apps on November 29. Both still say "still under consideration". I see ppl have been getting 1st rounds..Anybody know what that means for me? Rejected?? Waitlisted? Or still hope for a 1st round interview?

12/14/11

i think they're still giving out interviews.my friend got a CS interview two weeks before i was notified of mine. so hang in there :) maybe in the next couple of days

but barcap interviewer did say that they're going to notify of second round by early next week.

In reply to moose58
12/14/11
moose58:

i think they're still giving out interviews.my friend got a CS interview two weeks before i was notified of mine. so hang in there :) maybe in the next couple of days

but barcap interviewer did say that they're going to notify of second round by early next week.

Awesome thanks for letting me know. Still kinda weird how my app is still under consideration though......was wondering if you can let me know what was asked in the interview and how it went. can you pm me or reply? thanks!

12/14/11

Did anyone hear something after Barcap S&T first round?

12/14/11

Has anyone heard back from JPM???? I have interviewed with Goldman MS and CS but still haven't heard anything from JPM! I am wondering if anyone here got first round in recent few days?
Bummmmp

12/14/11

BUMP* Same. I'm wondering the same.

12/14/11

So does it mean if you didn't hear for 1st round, you are out of luck?

12/14/11

i heard JPM has already done first round, even singapore is doing second round already

12/14/11

has anyone heard from ubs, citi, baml or deutsche yet? i know citi's deadline was monday but ubs' deadline was like a month ago....

In reply to algorhythm
12/14/11
algorhythm:

i heard JPM has already done first round, even singapore is doing second round already

Hi Algorhythm, you sure JPM done first round???? I dont understand since I am chosen by almost all the top four for first round but JPM dinged me that is just.......sad...

In reply to moose58
12/14/11
moose58:

has anyone heard from ubs, citi, baml or deutsche yet? i know citi's deadline was monday but ubs' deadline was like a month ago....

hey moose i emailed ubs on monday asking what's up and they said that they'll get the shortlist out by mid-dec

12/14/11

For all of you guys who haven't gotten a 1st round interview yet:

When you log into your application, do you see that you got rejected or do you see that "your app is under consideration" Because all of my apps are still under consideration...

In reply to coldplayfan
12/14/11
coldplayfan:

For all of you guys who haven't gotten a 1st round interview yet:

When you log into your application, do you see that you got rejected or do you see that "your app is under consideration" Because all of my apps are still under consideration...

i heard that some statuses stay like that even after offers are out. i'm guessing the banks aren't very good at changing those...

12/14/11

btw, do you guys know how many rounds the interviews are? just first round and super day or is there an extra round in between?

12/14/11

Haha agreed. I don't think that's a good indication of where you stand.

In reply to moose58
12/14/11
moose58:

btw, do you guys know how many rounds the interviews are? just first round and super day or is there an extra round in between?

I think first round and then super day.
By the way, how much time does a typical analyst spend on building models in locations like Hong Kong comparing to places like London NY or Singapore?

12/14/11

my recruiting season has been a total failure so far. good luck everyone.

12/14/11

Sorry to hear that. But it's too early to give up just yet. There are still some good banks that haven't reached out, at least I am not aware.

In reply to Shadymonkey
12/14/11
Shadymonkey:

Sorry to hear that. But it's too early to give up just yet. There are still some good banks that haven't reached out, at least I am not aware.

thx for ur kind words. heard nothing from GS, JPM, CS or BarCap. im checking my inbox every 3-5 mins after midnight. the process is just excruciating.

In reply to Papagogo
12/14/11
Papagogo:
moose58:

I think first round and then super day.
By the way, how much time does a typical analyst spend on building models in locations like Hong Kong comparing to places like London NY or Singapore?

according to my interviewer the barcap superday is next for successful ppl who made it after telephone interview.

12/14/11

can i also ask if you guys are all from north american/UK target schools? anybody done an ib gig before? i did SNT last year.

12/14/11

rossgs210 i feel you man......

i havnt heard from any banks yet..

12/14/11

to: algorhythm

I did go to a big target (Top 5 IVY) and yes I did a investment banking internship at a Middle market at my sophomore year.... but obviously still JPM does not give me a shit although I got other big banks interviews...
I am 100% made in China and does not have any connection either

In reply to rossgs210
12/15/11
rossgs210:
Shadymonkey:

thx for ur kind words. heard nothing from GS, JPM, CS or BarCap. im checking my inbox every 3-5 mins after midnight. the process is just excruciating.

hang in there, totally know what you mean haha, i check my emails at like 6am and then go back to sleep all this week haha

In reply to moose58
12/15/11
moose58:
rossgs210:
Shadymonkey:

hang in there, totally know what you mean haha, i check my emails at like 6am and then go back to sleep all this week haha

i think im closer to the entrance of the tunnel than the end. on campus recruiting is so much better - more structured, less guessing game.

12/15/11

So I guess its over for me and Asia summer IBD at MS, GS, Barcap, and Citi. Lol what a fail. I was hoping for just one 1 1st round phone interview.........

Good luck to everyone else though

In reply to rossgs210
12/15/11
rossgs210:

Quick question when did you submit your barcap app and when did they notify you about that 1st round interview??

In reply to coldplayfan
12/15/11
coldplayfan:
rossgs210:

Quick question when did you submit your barcap app and when did they notify you about that 1st round interview??

sorry. i did not get the first round interview invitation.

In reply to rossgs210
12/15/11
rossgs210:
BrokenBanana:

bump ni ma de up

hahaha. love it!

kao

In reply to rossgs210
12/15/11
12/15/11

has anyone been invited to GS snt first round?

12/15/11

boa ml is out...my friend did first round

12/15/11

if anybody/anybody's friend did GS snt already please let me know. the team still hasnt called loll

In reply to collisoncon
12/15/11
collisoncon:

did your friend do IBD or SNT?

In reply to algorhythm
12/15/11
algorhythm:
collisoncon:

did your friend do IBD or SNT?

ibd

12/15/11

just got invited to barcap ac (superday).

Pages

What's Your Opinion? Comment below:

Login or register to get credit (collect bananas).
All anonymous comments are unpublished until reviewed. No links or promotional material will be allowed. Most comments are published within 24 hours.
WallStreet Prep Master Financial Modeling