Steven Cohen Pays Guy Fieri $100,000 To Be His Friend

Hah, read this story:

Post Grad Problems:
What do you do when you’re a billionaire hedge fund owner facing a possible billion-dollar fine for insider trading? Well, you live life to the fullest while you’re still able to, of course, and when you have that kind of money, you can do pretty much anything.

Instead of flying to space, buying your way into a summer blockbuster, or literally anything else in the world, hedge fund billionaire Steve Cohen decided to pay “Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives” star Guy Fieri $100,000 to be his friend for the day and lead him on a “fantasy episode” of the show throughout Cohen’s native Connecticut. Throughout the day, a bromance blossomed between the two and Fieri agreed to feature Cohen’s favorite hot dog joint, the awkwardly named Super Duper Weenies, on an episode of his show.

While hanging out with a semi-celebrity and turning their livelihood into your personal entertainment for a day is definitely a power move, the awkwardness of Cohen having to actually pay six figures to befriend bottle-blonde Fieri instead of just having his people call Guy’s people trumps whatever cool-factor existed.

Source: http://postgradproblems.com/hedge-fund-billionaire-steven-cohen-pays-gu…

Am I the only one who finds this incredibly weird, or is it just capitalism at its finest?

Guy Fieri is the biggest douche on earth. Frosted tips, sweat bands and sunglasses on the back of his head combine to make him arguably the single most punchable fuck face on earth.

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses - Henry Ford

happypantsmcgee:

Guy Fieri is the biggest douche on earth. Frosted tips, sweat bands and sunglasses on the back of his head combine to make him arguably the single most punchable fuck face on earth.

hell yes judging people by face value is pretty much what I like to do w/ my life

speed boost blaze

lol i concur. but i'd take his job any day of the fucking week. i wish i could have the excuse of making money for why im slightly overweight....

"There are three ingredients in the good life: learning, earning and yearning."

Value is relative, some people think by eating with Buffett they will get some of his magic or ideas. If Cohen thinks finding out why Guy thinks of his favorite hot dog joint is wroth 100,000 then its a greater or equal value.

Follow the shit your fellow monkeys say @shitWSOsays Life is hard, it's even harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Yeah I agree with the overall sentiment here, but I'd be Guy for a day or two. He's got a pretty sweet gig. I also like the Man vs. Food guy but he's well on his way to a heart attack.

Off topic, I think Ezra Klein has a more punchable face.

the_filth:

The key to appreciating/enjoying Guy is understanding that he knows his TV persona is a complete douche. Triple D is pretty entertaining once you can get past that

But there are douche personas that are great entertainment like Nick Kroll's (any League fans?) and then guys you want to punch in the face anyway like Guy.

This is saaayd.

Also,

@Anihilist Anthony Bourdain is a gentleman and a scholar and don't you dare speak foul of him again.

@Scott Irish The Man v Food guy is a try-hard toolbag who has an oddly-shaped face and body. Would not add to wolfpack.

I want to hang out with Gordon Ramsay and a young Richard Branson.

I wasn't! I agree and was serious. Would love to hang out with that guy. I'm sure he has some great stories... and he loves to drink.

People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for freedom of thought which they seldom use.

The original article is a bit misleading as the $100k wasn't for Cohen to do a faux Diners and Drive-Ins episode with Guy.

Those in the loop know that Stevie paid for Guy to join him at a place in the Connecticut hills called Super Duper Weenies, which contrary to the article is not a dining establishment. That being said there were still plenty of viscous substances being squirted between the delicate split of a pair of buns.

Also note, that monies were exchanged for companionship only and anything additional was a mutual decision made by two consenting adults.

Rumor has it that the investigation has Stevie super stressed and he needs a change of scenery from all those GS Prime Brokerage MDs he's been bending over his formaldehyde shark tank.

This is very strange

In other Steve Cohen news SAC is closing down the London office.

I'm on the pursuit of happiness and I know everything that shine ain't always gonna be gold. I'll be fine once I get it

Quae enim dolorum at libero porro illum dicta. Ratione nihil consectetur perspiciatis repellat est fugiat. Inventore quidem cupiditate dolores fuga omnis ex. Quam aliquid voluptates magnam ut consequatur omnis.

Nulla architecto aliquid et in fuga est. Inventore ab soluta totam. Ducimus aut aspernatur quae blanditiis.

Est commodi qui dolorem cumque perferendis voluptatem ratione dolores. Voluptatibus commodi qui illum nobis amet voluptate molestias. Consequuntur laudantium est tempore deserunt laborum et vel.

Quaerat omnis mollitia necessitatibus inventore ipsum corporis. Numquam delectus quis et ipsa ipsam laboriosam voluptas. Sunt temporibus odio ipsum et.

Cumque vel voluptatum quo pariatur dicta amet fugiat. Quisquam minima at dolores sit inventore est fuga accusantium. Recusandae sed quos laudantium reprehenderit.

Saepe qui illum excepturi ut officia deserunt earum. Rerum in quae unde quasi. Provident excepturi et unde et occaecati. Ab harum architecto deleniti a. Laborum rerum cum veritatis.

Suscipit quisquam id minus quisquam. Sequi dolorem illum eos molestias excepturi et. Et unde voluptatem et fuga.

Necessitatibus neque sed et fuga. Id architecto rem voluptatibus autem corrupti ipsa aliquam. Expedita dolorem voluptatem totam. Non in sit nulla laboriosam sit. Tempore est itaque voluptatem quo laudantium.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”