2012 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

Who's watching?
Who do you want to win?
Who do you think is going to win?
WTF is going on with the discipline?

I want the Wings to win, obviously. I don't think I can pick a team that I think is going to win... this is the playoffs, no predicting this.

And wtf is going on with this discipline? Weber grabs Zetterberg's head and smashes it into the board: $2500 fine. NYR rookie with no major penalty ever hits Alfredsson in the face with a less obvious elbow: 3 games.... which isn't so bad when you first look at it, maybe Shanahan just messed up, right?... same game, a Senator just MUGS a Ranger, sucker punching him and then continuing to punch him when he's on the ground for a total of 7 punches: 1 game.... WTF is this?

Did Shanahan just get hit in the head too much himself? Or what? Conspiracy theorists think that Bettman may be trying to help out the markets that don't already have a humongous fanbase (Senators, Predators). I wasn't too upset with Weber's slap on the wrist (for god-knows-what reason), but this double standard between NYR and Ottawa is just ridiculous.

You better be Canadian with a question like that boy.

If your dreams don't scare you, then they are not big enough. "There are two types of people in this world: People who say they pee in the shower, and dirty fucking liars."-Louis C.K.

I'm loving the NHL playoffs this year, with the early upsets going on, definitely getting into more than years past. I'm honestly sad that it looks like the Flyers are going to sweep the Pens, partially because I'm a slight Penguins fan but more so because the fights have been legendary so far. Nothing better than watching a real rivalry between two teams where you KNOW the players from opposing teams hate each others' guts, not just some bullshit ESPN-manufactured rivalry.

I loathe Gary Bettman though. That man is singledhandedly responsible for the demise of hockey. Just think, 10 years ago you could've have tuned into ESPN or ESPN2 on a weekday night and found a regular season hockey game on. Now you have to have the fucking NBC Sports Network or whatever it's called now just to view the damn Stanley Cup Finals.

Yeah, the playoffs are getting very damn rowdy this year, especially when Weber's slap on the wrist set the tone for discipline (now it's just a shit-show). As for the Pens... having the Canucks and Pens go down 0-3 today made me a very happy guy. Though yes, Pens vs. Flyers is a great rivalry to watch, for sure. I guess I'd rather have every other team just have 7 game series and beat each other up, but I'll take 1st rd exits by the Nucks and Pens.

I don't know about Bettman... it's really hard not listening to these theories that he's trying to help the smaller franchises get noticed by influencing the refs/Shanahan(/Campbell when he was in Shanny's role)

If your dreams don't scare you, then they are not big enough. "There are two types of people in this world: People who say they pee in the shower, and dirty fucking liars."-Louis C.K.

the fact that Hagelin got three games is an absolute fucking joke..and Carkner got one? he fucking assaulted Boyle...and the fact that Dubi got a game misconduct for "third man in" when there was no fight to begin with? fucking crazy...Shanahan and Bettman are ruining these playoffs.

And the Pitt/Phil game was ridiculous..something like 78 PIMs??? insane. They've completely lost control of the game/league...

guess it means Krieder is gonna have to step up huge tonight for the 'Gers..

(sorry for the rant..im just very angry..and in cause you couldnt tell, i'm a rangers fan...tough to not be in NY when they're doing so well..also sucks when games start after midnight over here)

I eat success for breakfast...with skim milk

above_and_beyond:
Anyone watched Flyers vs. Pens (8-5)? Stayed up all night (I'm in Europe) but it was definitely worth it. What a game..

Crosby's a cock..

About f*** time the Preds are stepping up. Been a crap team since '98 and now they finally have a shot in the playoffs.

CNBC sucks "This financial crisis is worse than a divorce. I've lost all my money, but the wife is still here." - Client after getting blown up

I'm still blown away that Ottowa is in the quarterfinals...that they're even in the playoffs. I'd like to see the wings do ok but for some reason I'm also rooting for the Devils.

Get busy living

Loving the game so far, some high scoring affairs making it a real treat to watch. Still cant get over the fact that the Pens and the Nucks could be eliminated by the end of the week! Hoping for a NY-LA finals....would be huge for the league.

Devils fan here, hoping we can make to at least the conference finals.

The Penguins-Flyers game was absolutely the best game so far that I have seen this year. The Flyers put on a clinic the whole game, and that's why the Penguins totally melted down. Asham deserves at least 10 games for that cross check to the neck/face area - there is no place for that, and those Neal hits later in the game deserve a closer look.

My first round picks were:

NYR BOS NJ PIT

VAN STL PHX NSH

I would love to see a Bruins vs Blues finals.

Flyers v Guins game wtf was that about hair pulling like little girls..fuck outta here with that shit. Square up.

The answer to your question is 1) network 2) get involved 3) beef up your resume 4) repeat -happypantsmcgee WSO is not your personal search function.

blackfinancier:
Flyers v Guins game wtf was that about hair pulling like little girls..fuck outta here with that shit. Square up.

It's cause the penguins are filled with "untouchable superstars" and the flyers are filled with water trash.

I will add a few points as I currently play college hockey and my school is hockey crazy.

1. Lets go wings! Weber should have gotten a game for the hit on Zetterberg, but I am not super upset with just a fine. Regardless winner of the DET/ NSH series will be a real threat to win the cup.
  2. The Pens/ Flyers series is a lot of fun to watch, although they gooned it up a little too much. A lot of the shit could have been avoided if the refs took Neal off the ice after the Couturier hit. Hopefully they get back to hard hitting hockey, not just a ton of brawls.
  3. The Canucks are a bunch of little girls, they dive anytime they get hit and then they freak out when Sedin gets hit by Brown on a perfectly legal hit.
  4. The LA Kings are a sleeper team especially with Quick playing the way he has all year, they could make a run for the cup.
  5. The Blackhawks don't have the goaltending to get past the second round (if they get there).

And finally, Crosby is a bitch.

Agree with everything youngblood said but...

I like LA, but their lack of scoring worries me. Pulling out 1-0 victories while giving up 41 shots isn't a reliable strategy.

Agree with everything youngblood said but...

I like LA, but their lack of scoring worries me. Pulling out 1-0 victories while giving up 41 shots isn't a reliable strategy.

youngblood90:
I will add a few points as I currently play college hockey and my school is hockey crazy.
  1. Lets go wings! Weber should have gotten a game for the hit on Zetterberg, but I am not super upset with just a fine. Regardless winner of the DET/ NSH series will be a real threat to win the cup.
  2. The Pens/ Flyers series is a lot of fun to watch, although they gooned it up a little too much. A lot of the shit could have been avoided if the refs took Neal off the ice after the Couturier hit. Hopefully they get back to hard hitting hockey, not just a ton of brawls.
  3. The Canucks are a bunch of little girls, they dive anytime they get hit and then they freak out when Sedin gets hit by Brown on a perfectly legal hit.
  4. The LA Kings are a sleeper team especially with Quick playing the way he has all year, they could make a run for the cup.
  5. The Blackhawks don't have the goaltending to get past the second round (if they get there).

You go to school in Michigan or Minnesota?

wolverine19x89:
youngblood90:

You go to school in Michigan or Minnesota?

I don't want to give it away but Minnesota, Michigan, or Wisconsin. I am looking forward to watching the hawks lose tonight.

NHL playoffs are the best in sports, no question about it. The teams are evenly matched, games intense and hatred keeps building.

I am a huge Ranger fan, needless to say I am pretty pissed at the Hagelin suspension, 3 games...really?! Hopefully the rangers stick to their plan, hard noises defensive hockey. I don't want them coming out looking to fight and injure, no need to bring the goons out.

Agreed on the Pens/Flyers series, these games are exciting. Neal and Asham should without a doubt be suspended for the remainder of the playoffs and into next season, If Hagelin is getting 3 games they deserve way more. It's also hilarious to see that bitch Crosby keep trying to fight and cheap shot people. What is he thinking...play your game, score goals.

Best Response

I am also loving the playoffs this year, I think NBC and NHL are doing a great job with televising every game. Its interesting how the sports channels are looking right now. Although during the Football season nothing beats ESPN, when it comes to everything non-football, I have noticed myself watching sports shows on NBC sports instead as they cover the actual sport aspect of NBA/NHL/NFL very well. I feel that ESPN nowadays is all about Tebow, womens basketball, Tebow, baseball, Tebow, dwight howard trade, Tebow, NASCAR, Tebow etc.. They are always trying to push a dramatic non-story which is annoying.

I will also agree with everything said about the Hagelin, Weber, Asham, etc. suspensions, the whole 'severity of the injury' pretense that they are using is absurd, Hagelin's hit was not malicious, he just happened to get the elbow up and 3 games, just because Alfredson got injured on the play, and then these malicious thug like actions of Asham Weber and Carkner are rediculous and should be punished heavily, especially Weber who is a team captain and needs to carry himself on a higher level than a 4th line goon.

Hard hitting hockey is the best form of sports I think, but they really need to clean up this thug mentality that goes on as nothing good comes out of it and when kids who are learning to play or playing at the high school level see it and want to imitate it, only bad things happen as well. I remember when I was coaching high school a few years ago and we were losing by 3 goals in a playoff game looking at the end of the season, I had to bench a few of my seniors because they just wanted to get some cheap shots on the ice as it was their last game in the league. This should not happen, NHL should teach younger players respect, which I feel they are not doing a good job of.

trailmix8:
Hard hitting hockey is the best form of sports I think, but they really need to clean up this thug mentality that goes on as nothing good comes out of it and when kids who are learning to play or playing at the high school level see it and want to imitate it, only bad things happen as well. I remember when I was coaching high school a few years ago and we were losing by 3 goals in a playoff game looking at the end of the season, I had to bench a few of my seniors because they just wanted to get some cheap shots on the ice as it was their last game in the league. This should not happen, NHL should teach younger players respect, which I feel they are not doing a good job of.
Agree. Hockey is a physical sport even when playing with skilled, fast players, and the thugs just take the fun out of it. Given that almost none of the kids being coached, or any of the guys that play in rec leagues are ever going to go pro, it's not reasonable or worthwhile to be too brutal: especially if you have work the next morning. If someone really needs to get constant hits, take up boxing and call it what it is.

For the record, if I go to an NHL game and there isn't a fight, I feel gyped, it's just that thug hockey isn't much fun to play or watch after the first couple of minutes.

Get busy living

UFOinsider:
For the record, if I go to an NHL game and there isn't a fight, I feel gyped, it's just that thug hockey isn't much fun to play or watch after the first couple of minutes.

I don't care at all if there isn't a fight. I either want to see a fast-paced game with a lot of scoring or a hard-fought battle with big hits and a duel between the goalies.

Yes, I actually enjoy the game. If you want to see a couple of fights, start watching UFC.

I'm actually for fighting in hockey, just not staged fights. It should only happen when the players need to "police" themselves. That said, I don't go to a hockey game expecting to see a cheap hit and then the ensuing fight.

I may be biased, but the first 3 games of the Flyers v Penguins series might be the most entertaining hockey I have ever seen. Each game was better than the previous.

Game 1 - Flyers come back from a 3-0 deficit after the first period and win 4-3 in OT.

Game 2 - Flyers come back from a 3-1 deficit after the first period, tie it at 3-3, go down 4-3, tie it at 4-4, go down 5-4 and then reel off 4 unanswered goals to win 8-5.

Game 3 - Flyers come back from 1-0 deficit and just trounce the Pens. Frustration spills over into multiple brawls throughout the game. Crosby proves to the world what an immature pussy he really is.

My name is Nicky, but you can call me Dre.

Crosby's done that a whiiiiiiile ago.... you have any videos of him being a pussy though? I'd love to see it.

wolverine19x89:
Crosby's done that a whiiiiiiile ago.... you have any videos of him being a pussy though? I'd love to see it.

he got ripppppppppppppped on PTI today

SHOW ME SHOW ME I was too busy studying to catch the game.

LOL just like Crosby to do something immature like that (poke away his glove)... was funny though haha

I'm glad my captain has more class than that (a word used way too much by hockey fans ha)

wolverine19x89:
LOL just like Crosby to do something immature like that (poke away his glove)... was funny though haha

I'm glad my captain has more class than that (a word used way too much by hockey fans ha)

thats cause your captain played when they didnt have to wear helmets

That same captain that won the Norris last year? Yeah, I don't really mind his age when he's on the ice... unfortunately he's gonna retire soon

:'( :'( :'(

that will make me a sad boy

-- and Wings down 3 to 1... if Nashville makes it into the next round -- whoever faces them better watch out. Their defense + Rinne combo is deadly

As long as the Caps and Flyers don't win, I'm happy.

If the Pens are way down in the 3rd period at any point in the series, I want to see some 4th liner absolutely murder Giroux.

Also hoping for Ovechkin to take a slapper from Chara in the face. He's such a tool.

Life, liberty and the pursuit of Starwood Points

petergibbons:
If the Pens are way down in the 3rd period at any point in the series, I want to see some 4th liner absolutely murder Giroux.

I'll give you this and take anyone absolutely smashing Crosby's head, ending his career/life.

Has the #5, 6 7 and 8 seed ever won in one side of the conference? I think it's hilarious the east could have 5-8 playing in the conference semi-finals.

trailmix8:
aempirei:
Has the #5, 6 7 and 8 seed ever won in one side of the conference? I think it's hilarious the east could have 5-8 playing in the conference semi-finals.

you mean the west? And no, I don't think I've ever seen it happen

No, the East. At the time of the writing the Senators were up on the Rangers which would have completed the 5, 6, 7, 8 seeds winning.

Cola Coca:
aempirei:
I don't think the Devils have a chance in this series. I wouldn't be surprised if the Flyers sweep them 4-0.

So much for that pick. I hope Devils win on Saturday!

Fuck me.

I'm a little worried but not overly just yet. If they can tie it up 2-2 they'll be fine. They are playing like shit right now though.

Fuck you Preds. Don't choke like an asian school girl on a Mandingo's dick. Come on.

CNBC sucks "This financial crisis is worse than a divorce. I've lost all my money, but the wife is still here." - Client after getting blown up

trailmix8:
Bobb:
Rangers - Caps. triple OT game. Though I am dead at work right now that was a great game to watch

I was at a Buffalo Wild Wings in Florida, and they kicked me out as we ran out of food/drinks midway through first OT

How does one run out of Food/Drink? Why not order more?

Eventus stultorum magister.

The Devils are just outworking the Flyers in every facet of the game. Now with Claude Giroux out for game 5, I'm calling the Devils wrapping this series up in Philly on Tuesday. To be fair, though, Shanahan is a fucking moron for suspending Giroux for a game and letting Ovechkin off scott-free. What a fucking joke.

design:
The Devils are just outworking the Flyers in every facet of the game. Now with Claude Giroux out for game 5, I'm calling the Devils wrapping this series up in Philly on Tuesday. To be fair, though, Shanahan is a fucking moron for suspending Giroux for a game and letting Ovechkin off scott-free. What a fucking joke.

I try to watch all of the Shanahan "explanation" videos after he suspends people, I generally agree with it when looking at it as a case by case basis. But when you start comparing suspensions it is incredibly inconsistent. I think this is something that they will look at during the off season, because there has been a lot of public discontent with the inconsistencies.

design:

I don't want to dismiss the Flyers too quickly. Giroux's absence might prove to be something the team can rally around. However, I do believe the Devils would win Game 6 if they lose tomorrow night.

How about that Rangers game. Ward gets a double minor with 30 secs left, Richards ties it up with 5 secs left (latest playoff tying goal in Rangers history), then Staal wins game during second half of double minor.

If the game 7 OT winner vs the Bruins was an all time high for Ward, this penalty (high stick that drew blood while he was trying to swat a puck out of the air). has to be an all time low.

Sucks because Flyers with Bryz in net were 3-0 against the Devils in the regular season. Credit to the Devils for drawing up a great game plan, playing a tough fore check and keeping the forwards on their heels playing defense all game.

Jagr and most of the first line has been a complete non-factor.

Bobb:
Why can't the Rangers put two consecutive games together this post season? They've been horribly outplayed by the Devils and look completely dead for most of the games.

they actually dominated the game besides when lundqvist decided to become stevie wonder and play blind

DeanPortman:
Bobb:
Why can't the Rangers put two consecutive games together this post season? They've been horribly outplayed by the Devils and look completely dead for most of the games.

they actually dominated the game besides when lundqvist decided to become stevie wonder and play blind

Last night they did...that was actually the best game they played all series. Lundqvist definitely isn't to blame though.
Goal 1 - A missed high stick and defensive breakdown led to Gionta all alone in front Goal 2 - Bounced off Anismov's skate Goal 3 - Zajacs goal was very soft, Lundy needs to save that Goal 4 - Hagelin had a horrible back check. Great pass but you need to get back and clear the front of the net

Devils will close out the series tomorrow night. Last night was their worst game of the series, perhaps playoffs, but they have dominated much of the play in the series overall.

For the Rangers to will the series, Lundqvist will have to be their best player and play like he did in Games 1 and 3.

design:
Devils going to the Stanley Cup Finals. I just want old man Brodeur to win one more and then retire. He deserves to go out on top.

Yup, like Patrick Roy did when he stole the Cup from the Devils in 2001. I think he might retire anyway though, seeing that they made the Finals.

Cola Coca:
design:
Devils going to the Stanley Cup Finals. I just want old man Brodeur to win one more and then retire. He deserves to go out on top.

Yup, like Patrick Roy did when he stole the Cup from the Devils in 2001. I think he might retire anyway though, seeing that they made the Finals.

I grew up in Denver so Avs are my team, so I will have to say that Roy is the man and I loved the two cups I got to enjoy for my NHL team when I was a high school player.

But for this go around, I wouldn't mind seeing the Devils win it all, I like quite a few players on their team. But same goes for L.A. I guess I would be happy with either team winning now.

hmm... still a tad early, but I think we have ourselves a winner. They deserve it, no denying that.

Ugh sad day. But shout outs to CT. Quick is a monster.

The answer to your question is 1) network 2) get involved 3) beef up your resume 4) repeat -happypantsmcgee WSO is not your personal search function.

Nihil deleniti totam fugit tempore est. Animi voluptatem ea porro in dolore. Excepturi autem est et neque dolorum. Magni voluptatem atque qui voluptates laborum dignissimos.

Qui deleniti qui ullam fugiat perspiciatis laborum ad. Ex ratione sed vero distinctio. Corrupti eum eaque sit ipsa omnis odio.

Similique iusto repudiandae ipsa consequatur. Illo vel quasi quia voluptates et et distinctio. Tenetur tempore vero consequatur sed cumque ut.

Eum aut sunt mollitia. Iste cumque eligendi neque ea dolor tenetur. Et sint dolorum dolore autem.

Recusandae et quos id. Corrupti non officia rerum.

Numquam nobis ratione autem exercitationem. Earum nesciunt sed modi. Et eius quod illo saepe reprehenderit error maiores quibusdam. Qui eveniet qui cupiditate ipsam excepturi qui. Id distinctio magnam aliquid.

Quo qui voluptate in adipisci expedita mollitia tenetur. Reprehenderit molestias et impedit unde. Ratione dolore id ad voluptatem. Perspiciatis facilis voluptatem provident unde similique perspiciatis. Modi voluptate aut alias ut sed quia ut.

Placeat accusantium eaque ut velit. Minus est ut odit culpa.

Et voluptatem tempora in quae animi eligendi autem. Quam dignissimos maxime accusamus fuga corrupti culpa. Dolorem consequatur sed labore recusandae vero voluptas voluptate corporis. Quidem aut rerum natus asperiores natus quam. Sunt maxime saepe doloribus aspernatur enim cumque.

Ut nemo et voluptatum optio et. Beatae aut dolores ut omnis omnis. Enim et doloribus et suscipit.

Quam itaque aut quae id harum enim. Nulla omnis quisquam reiciendis nobis laborum. Mollitia aut natus quia earum ea deserunt. Veniam sit voluptatem consequatur sapiente. Quasi et ea quos laborum omnis possimus laboriosam optio.

Est sit tempore est non at laboriosam voluptatem. Recusandae est ea beatae. Ipsam dolor in aut sit. Corrupti et placeat veniam minima. Et rerum provident ullam sit.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
bolo up's picture
bolo up
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”