NYC 2014 SA Recruiting

There was a similar thread last year and thought it would be helpful for everyone to know what stage in the process most of the banks are in. This is only for the general application process timing, not OCR and/or accelerated processes. Post updates as you hear back from various BBs, Boutiques and MMs regarding 1st round interviews, superdays etc.

Credit Suisse - Superdays
Citigroup - Superdays
Deutsche Bank - 1st round interviews/Superdays
Goldman Sachs - 1st round interviews/Superdays
JP Morgan - 1st round interviews/Superdays
Wells Fargo - 1st round interviews/Second Rounds
RBC - 1st round interviews/Superdays
Cowen - 1st round interviews
UBS - 1st round interviews/Superdays
BAML - Superdays
Jefferies - Superdays
Greenhill - Superdays
Blackstone RX/M&A - 1st rounds
Moelis - 1st rounds
Morgan Stanley - 1st rounds
Evercore - Superdays
HSBC - 1st rounds
Raine Group - Superdays
Brown Brothers Harriman - 1st round
Perella Weinberg - Superdays

I heard from someone: GS and JPM too!

"I do not think that there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcomes almost everything, even nature."

@RememberTheTitans, update your original post as we go along else it is useless to start this thread.

"I do not think that there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcomes almost everything, even nature."

Ambani:

I heard from someone: GS and JPM

Is GS accelerated? I thought they were currently interviewing for the accelerated process and for people shopping offers.
Ambani:

@RememberTheTitans, update your original post as we go along else it is useless to start this thread.

I don't plan on monitoring this thread 24/7. Obviously I'm updating as people post, it may not just be immediately after a post...

BTW, thanks for starting this thread!

First-round interviews and not accelerated. Accelerated only if someone said that he/she has an offer from something like JPM or MS or equivalent.

Offers for some banks have already started going out through diversity and women's events. My school (a target) is having first round OCR in late January for most of the banks.

Anyone know about Wells Fargo? • I'm pretty sure I screwed that one up and missed the application. When I had checked a few weeks back the page said December 2nd and 3rd. Now I just checked again, and it says November 15th? Like WTF?!?! Or did I misread something which is very possible?

BreakingRich:

Anyone know about Wells Fargo?
• I'm pretty sure I screwed that one up and missed the application. When I had checked a few weeks back the page said December 2nd and 3rd. Now I just checked again, and it says November 15th? Like WTF?!?! Or did I misread something which is very possible?

Yeah, they only accept applications on one day (Nov 15). Pretty weird policy - they send out reminders on the 14th to people that have been referred by employees I believe.

Joshua93:

Friends at a Semi-Target said they start after Xmas break and most superdays are within a few weeks of the OCR interviews.

That's what I assumed as well; at least, it went that way last semester at school. I'm guessing the targets and accelerated interviews are in the midst of working things out right now.

I've heard CS and JPM. I haven't heard anything about GS tho. Only kids I know who are interviewing at GS are doing accelerated, non-FO or some offshoot alumni interview.

Robert Clayton Dean: What is happening? Brill: I blew up the building. Robert Clayton Dean: Why? Brill: Because you made a phone call.

when, in general, is the deadline for applying to investment banking summer internships? i would like to apply to a few more once the workload of finals dies down, but not sure which BBs have had their deadlines pass.

When was your first round interview?

OP, I heard back from BAML today. They asked me about my divisional preference and updated resume.

Had a first round with WF yesterday. BAML referrals were due a week or so ago, will start picking up soon. CS NY has first round interviews next week. I'm in touch with an MD at Barclays and have been told to sit tight for now with their recruiting process. Have had a hell of time getting in touch with my connections at Goldman. Recently got an email from JPM in regards to first rounds. MS, UBS, Citi and all other boutiques will start closer to January it sounds like. All of this is from a Midwest non-target, no OCR, perspective.

Very helpful. Thanks for the input, @grhunt!

Gotta write a couple few essays for Barclays. Do you know when's the app deadline for non-targets?

I'm not a 100% sure. From what I've been told, if you know someone senior in the firm the app is a formality and doesn't really matter when you submit it. However, if you don't know anyone, I would assume the sooner the better. I've heard of a couple people getting phone screens already.

Not sure what this thread is about. As far as I know none of these firms have had resume drops yet and all are due in mid-January. Not really sure why nobody is telling if they are diversity/women candidates?

You go to a target and that is why you don't need to worry about deadline for BAML Campus Referral program. It is for people like us who go to non/semi-target.

not woman, not diversity, etc. regular non/semi-target guy

You go to a target and that is why you don't need to worry about things like deadline for BAML Campus Referral program. It is for people like us who go to non/semi-target.

not woman, not diversity, etc. regular non/semi-target guy

Have you heard back from Citi yet? Any guesstimate when they could contact you?

Dec. It's accelerated.

I mean, not accelerated.

It was accelerated, right?

No they are not full of it. Citi has a superday Dec 13th. It has been full for a few days now. There is also a nontarget Citi superday confirmed for early december. Not sure if any exist in between.

“Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be”

I think overall there is a lot of confusion between accelerated vs. regular. In addition historically non-target/non-OCR superdays have been after or mixed in with target/OCR schools. Most of the posts we are seeing in this thread stem from (1) accelerated and (2) referrals. There are multiple opportunities or non-target superdays at BBs. However, there are most likely not many non-target superdays at EBs.

JPM has conducted several non-core interviews. However, this is on a school by school basis. Remember that email they sent out recently asking you to state your school AND location preference. They were sorting all the non-targets to alumni at JPM. (This is what several of my contacts have told me).

Robert Clayton Dean: What is happening? Brill: I blew up the building. Robert Clayton Dean: Why? Brill: Because you made a phone call.

I found it so difficult to network at UBS. None of my alumni is working at UBS anymore and I pretty much know people at all the BBs.

Don't underestimate networking with random people who are not alums. Cast a wide net. Nice people are nice people, regardless of their alma mater. I don't know any alum at UBS either, and I got a first round. Nobody really cares where you go to school, as much as this forum makes it seem that way. People like to help people who are willing to work harder than the next guy.

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." - Benjamin Franklin

How do you reach out to these people? Find them on LinkedIn and figure out the email way or there is something else?

3334:

How do you reach out to these people? Find them on LinkedIn and figure out the email way or there is something else?

You guessed it. Used LinkedIn for about 90% of my contacts. Powerful tool, if used correctly.

Updated with latest news.

In response to the questions, many of the interviews being posted are not accelerated processes. For many banks, non target recruitment does not occur on a single, defined timeline. There are often multiple non target superdays spread out over weeks or even months.

and by Deutsche superday you don't mean the only superday they are gonna have for targets, right? There are gonna be more, right?

Do people have a list of banks still accepting applications and have not started first round interviews? I have been abroad all fall and had to turn down those first round interviews. Which for us (Non Target OCR was some bb JPM, CS and mm Lincoln etc. ) I want to make sure I have applied to all I can considering I am behind on the recruiting.

NickVanOrton:

Anyone heard back from UBS accelerated? They were supposed to tell first rounders whether they were invited to a superday yesterday, but I haven't heard.

Heard back Friday night. Sorry man, write it off

What do you mean by boutiques are out? Who did you hear from?

yes kinda. but no harm in trying cause you never know when there is an opening.

Yo, I was referred by a BAML employee and asked to submit my top two preferences and most recent resume.

Did you hear back from baml?

broadstbully:

Had my intv w/ CS last week, for anyone else wondering ,, CS won't give notifications until 1Q2014

CS won't give notifications for people who haven't heard about first rounds yet until 1Q2014. A bunch of people who have already done their video interview have heard back on the final round in this thread.

Had my first round virtual with CS last week. Received the same email as everyone else saying to check status and that some have not been updated. My status currently says "First round interview scheduled!". Guess I won't be hearing about a superday till 2014. Any shot they are actually just busy and haven't gotten around to reviewing all of them? Or are the people in limbo on the superday waitlist essentially?

Just received email about BAML phone interview and its with VP of energy team in Houston. Does this mean I am interviewing for their energy team in Houston or just baml IBD process in general?

UBS accelerated offers went out last night. CS superday offers have gone out, will take place within the next few weeks. BAML first rounds have gone out, sounds like they were really selective even with referrals. WF second round interviews this coming week.

grhunt:

UBS accelerated offers went out last night. CS superday offers have gone out, will take place within the next few weeks. BAML first rounds have gone out, sounds like they were really selective even with referrals. WF second round interviews this coming week.

Is BAML recruiting office-specific?

Anyone know how close to being filled the analyst class at GS is? I got an on campus at a semitarget just the other day and was wondering if I should bother even getting my hopes up

it's not filled lol, the resume drop deadline for most top targets hasn't even happened yet, and first rounds will be toward the end of the month

edit: assuming you're talking about IBD, not totally sure about S&T or other stuff and how that works

BAML is pretty selective with referrals, but in my experience you have much better luck asking for NYC as a location simply because there are more spots. They are usually quick with getting back to you for 1st round interviews, superdays and offers. Turnaround is 24-48 hrs tops.

"You rarely have time for everything you want in this life, so you need to make choices. And hopefully your choices can come from a deep sense of who you are." - Mister Rogers

@ CodeBlue

BAML first round phone interview was pretty standard. I interviewed with one associate. He asked the typical resume/fit questions. Inquired a lot about my previous internship, which lead to a decent amount of technicals. He also asked some questions to test my knowledge of baml. Overall, straightforward interview, but rather in-depth relative to some other first rounds I have had.

I got contacted last Friday (1/3). And yes, I had a first round at the end of december and will have a second round later this week, with a third "round" (aka superday) later in January if I do well in the second round. Note: this is for the non core process.

I had a first round with them on Jan 2 and I still haven't heard anything back. I know a handful of people that intviewed and haven't heard back as well. In our conversation the Director mentioned that we would hear back by the end of this week.

When luck shuts the door you gotta come in through the window - Doyle Brunson

When are the superdays?

That's what I would think. If you did not hear back, you got dinged.

I heard one is on 14th as well - JPM IBD superday

not sure though

No, this is for menlo park

and so is Greenhill

Fugiat at optio perspiciatis reiciendis. Voluptatem nostrum aut nulla commodi nisi neque. Sint quia minima perferendis sint totam voluptatem. Delectus blanditiis soluta ut fuga.

Harum excepturi repellat sed ut exercitationem. Dolor molestiae magnam non quo. Autem eius dolor commodi velit vero ut esse. Quae eveniet quidem sequi quaerat vero deserunt ad. Molestiae minus non sunt corporis magnam inventore.

Sed sit vel earum non. Maxime a perspiciatis et voluptatem amet excepturi eaque. At ut odit nostrum aut. Molestiae quam placeat et quisquam.

Reprehenderit quod nihil pariatur enim. Rerum necessitatibus inventore est ex quisquam distinctio porro sit. Nihil quibusdam praesentium ut quia. Sit quis repellendus facilis qui eos.

Consequatur harum et natus sunt impedit iste. Adipisci incidunt aut asperiores consequatur placeat officia nulla. Ipsum sequi id eum quidem veniam enim voluptas non.

Officia nisi non ipsum consequatur recusandae veniam deserunt. Sint mollitia et sit. Consequatur reprehenderit est maiores eius. Deserunt in perferendis consequatur quaerat et facere id. Modi commodi vero natus.

When luck shuts the door you gotta come in through the window - Doyle Brunson

Recusandae aut minus eum mollitia omnis. Labore dolores a iste vitae.

Sequi numquam nihil sed omnis. Quibusdam et quia incidunt autem. Et exercitationem nemo corrupti eaque. Dolorem voluptates illo nihil itaque dolor voluptatem soluta. Quasi non sequi aliquam in delectus est dolorem. Tempore qui in inventore.

Debitis numquam vitae enim nam. Dicta aperiam sed dolore consectetur sapiente.

Eaque possimus iste et esse dicta mollitia et. Velit sunt nemo doloremque et consectetur quo quia. Fugit eos molestiae aut corrupti. Nostrum accusamus nobis nostrum. Molestiae minima eum nostrum eligendi eligendi assumenda. Illo maxime eligendi eligendi est eligendi.

Aut aperiam ut quae quisquam. Accusantium enim quae et quo dolorum dolorem in. Natus nobis veniam voluptatem. Enim ad repudiandae modi molestiae repellendus.

"I must create a system or be enslaved by another man's." William Blake

Aut ducimus vitae magni sed ducimus. Beatae nulla et corrupti quos. Ullam quidem sint porro amet odit. Optio error quae impedit error voluptatem.

Voluptatibus voluptatem reiciendis nisi voluptas est perferendis nihil minima. Sit vel consequatur deserunt placeat. Veritatis et magnam pariatur et. Eum sint soluta numquam voluptatibus.

Voluptatibus nisi quo numquam asperiores commodi temporibus. Dolor ipsa dolor ratione officia explicabo unde animi. Facilis qui eaque officia consequatur neque quibusdam illum et. Fugit hic et voluptas temporibus temporibus odit officiis repudiandae.

Et aut voluptas eligendi et accusamus non modi. Aut eius enim aut quidem pariatur repellendus. Rem voluptatem nihil aut sint et aliquid voluptas earum.

Fugiat aut tempora voluptatibus saepe accusantium. Aut ad nam nobis aspernatur blanditiis quas. Sint et fugit ut nemo facilis nobis provident itaque. Mollitia fugit dignissimos laborum culpa minima quidem.

Laudantium cupiditate optio vel ut est quaerat. Animi fugit dicta praesentium et aut ratione. Accusamus inventore dolor eos laboriosam accusamus possimus dicta voluptas. Quisquam tenetur voluptatem dolores eos rerum et voluptatem. Ullam possimus et dolore culpa animi.

Quidem qui delectus et doloremque. Ut beatae nulla et nemo inventore inventore eligendi. Voluptatem autem at dolor est. Et porro minus blanditiis.

Voluptatum aut maxime occaecati repellendus architecto hic nam. Dicta illum exercitationem dolorem voluptatem fuga. Laudantium mollitia qui ducimus modi architecto. Illo soluta hic autem veritatis ad.

Quidem sunt explicabo est tenetur omnis et. Et minus earum dolor magni officiis accusamus tempore reprehenderit. Doloremque sit non ut consequatur omnis voluptas molestiae. Et quia vel perspiciatis nihil.

Minima omnis quos sit vel est. Eos qui ipsa voluptates doloremque voluptatibus nemo vel. Omnis recusandae non voluptatem. At nulla nihil labore est possimus voluptatem et. Deserunt voluptas quam odio qui.

Harum vel reprehenderit et sunt tempora magni sed explicabo. Sed autem et aspernatur sint. Quis cupiditate omnis laborum fuga eos a odit. Eum porro iste quis ab libero autem similique facere. Ratione soluta dolore perferendis minima animi harum. Saepe asperiores aut sint nostrum quos.

Quaerat velit fugit sed reiciendis quas consequuntur saepe. Dolores optio autem iste asperiores nisi est voluptates est. Debitis in perferendis possimus nam nesciunt et culpa. Sit est totam accusamus quaerat et ea reprehenderit ut.

Sunt quas veniam ut nisi et. Molestias dolorem dolores ipsum culpa consequatur debitis facilis. Labore maiores veniam ducimus illum nesciunt alias hic. Quis modi quidem reprehenderit eligendi hic ut et.

Commodi explicabo adipisci iure. Et ducimus id deserunt qui iure sit illo. Quo dolor ab itaque quod labore dignissimos quam.

Qui harum quo quas aut aperiam voluptatum ut. Et atque ut odit ipsa. Tempora recusandae consequuntur natus ratione. Maiores nostrum porro est ex doloremque asperiores fugit. Qui nulla aut quibusdam recusandae excepturi libero. Voluptatem nostrum sed eaque ea.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (89) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”