I know this board's BB&IB-centric, but I like that they've devoted a whole section to Asset Management.
I spent 2 years at a small (~$2B AUM) firm in LA after graduating from a target school. Being the sole analyst, I did everything from pitchbooks (shockingly), to RFPs, to portofolio analysis and modeling, to making sure the 2 MD's and lone trader were happy 24-7.
If you have any questions about the industry, culture of other AM firms (I've probably talked to people in dozens of other AM firms), and general questions, I'm more than happy to share any wisdom or at least how to make sure you don't F things up.
I will say 2 things: (1) being in front of the Founder/MD at all times was a tremendous learning experience and (2) it is tough to justify a long-term career in the industry (for specific reasons).
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- West Coast Buy-Side Hours
- Market Research to Buy-Side Financial Analyst?
- What's a good pathway for getting a Buy-Side Analyst job out of school?
- Breaking in to the Buy-Side
- Career Q: What to choose- buldge bracket sell-side or buy-side
- Can I switch to the buy-side after one year on sell-side?
- Other people in buy-side in Boston
- Buy-Side investment management?????