Just some quick background information:
I'm a senior at a large SEC school and I will be graduating in July with a degree in accounting. My school is ranked in the top 15 for accounting but I failed to understand the importance of networking so I did not get any big 4 offers (and my gpa is slightly low, a 3.4). I did an internship at a fortune 100 food producer in accounting, which is the extent of my work experience.
I've been cold-emailing investment banks and I'm getting nothing. Even accounting firms are saying no to me? I don't get it.
My new plan is to go to Officer Candidate School (OCS) for either the Navy or the Army and then serve my 3 years. Subsequent to this, I am planning on taking the GMAT (I should get around a 700-730 as I test very well) and then applying to business schools for an MBA in hopes that my MBA will allow me to break into IB.
Is this my best bet at this point in my life? I feel like entering the military is kind of a waste of my intelligence (no offense to any of those in the service), but I seem to have no other options at this point.
Thanks for any replies.
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- What to do with Life?
- First job- what to do with my life?
- How much does your decisions from the ages of 12- 18 determine your future/overall happiness in life?
- Does anyone have a "good" story about their ibanking life?
- Why choose the I-banking life?
- career in banking/finance = employee for the rest of your life?
- How much would you pay for $10 every year for the rest of my life?
- A day in the life?