2013 FT Roommate Thread

I came across a similar thread from a few years ago and as I am looking for a roommate/roommates for full time I thought this may be useful. If you are still looking, it'd be helpful to share the following information:

City: NYC
Preferred Areas: Midtown (east, west), Murray Hill, Gramercy, overall fairly open as long as it's near a subway
Start Date: Late July
Lease Start: Prefer mid June-early July
Position: FT Analyst - Elite Boutique
Total Roommates: 2-4
Your Gender: Male
Roommate Gender: No preference
Budget: up to 1700 (lower is better)

BTbanker:

Best of luck on 1700 in Murray Hill.

assuming he isn't living alone, that's definitely doable. 1500 in murray hill with 2 roommates is easy enough

Remember, once you're inside you're on your own. Oh, you mean I can't count on you? No. Good!

exactly. i wasn't trying to "prove" anything just saw it in the past years thread and everyone was commenting that way. my bad if that sounds douchey but I think it helps people who are serious about looking for roomies out

1700 is plenty with 2-4 roommates like the original post said. I would advise you to stay out of midtown, it sucks dick.

Frank Sinatra - "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy."

Newspeak:
yeahright:
1700 is plenty with 2-4 roommates like the original post said. I would advise you to stay out of midtown, it sucks dick.

What sucks about living in midtown? Where else would you suggest that has a quick commute to midtown?

Astoria is a great place, you walk to the bridge to Midtown or hop on E or F 7 etc, its a cheaper than Manhattan, but not by much since its becoming the Dumbo of Queens.

City: NYC Preferred Areas: Anywhere in Manhattan with a short commute to Midtown Start Date: July Lease Start: No preference Position: FT IB Analyst - BB Total Roommates: 2-4 Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: No preference Budget: up to $1,700 (lower is better; I heard it's possible to get $1,500 rent in some areas closeby) Contact: PM

City: Charlotte Preferred Areas: Downtown Start Date: June Lease Start: Prefer June/July Position: FT IB Analyst Total Roommates: 2-4 Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: No preference Budget: up to 1700 Contact: PM

Update - Currently planning on living with a friend from university but open to additional people if our personalities mesh. So far we are looking mostly at Murray Hill and Grammercy.

City: NYC Preferred Areas: Fairly open as long as it's near a subway and atleast a ~30min commute to midtown Start Date: Current 1st year IBD analyst (soon to be 2nd year) Lease Start: Prefer May / June Position: FT IBD Analyst - BB Total Roommates: 2-4 Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: No preference Budget: up to $1800 (lower is better) Contact: PM

City: Jersey City or Hoboken Preferred Areas: Either is fine, going to be working in Jersey City and Midtown Office Start Date: 1st Week of July Lease Start: June Lease Duration: 1yr Position: FY Analyst - AM Total Roommates: 2-4 Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: No preference Budget: up to $1800 (lower is better) Contact: PM

Not from Jersey, looking to work hard and have a good time

This is probably a long-shot but maybe there are other Philly-bound monkeys:

City: Philadelphia Preferred Areas: Center City (Rittenhouse, Washington Square West, Old City) Start Date: July Lease Start: June/July Position: FT Analyst - FoF Total Roommates: 2-4 Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: No preference Budget: up to 1100ish Contact: PM

I graduated undergrad last year and have been living and working in NYC for about a year. Already have an apartment but am looking for a new roommate because my current one is planning to move in with his girlfriend.

City: NYC Neighborhood: Murray Hill Lease Start: June 1st Position: FT Analyst - Internal M&A - BB Total Roommates: 1 Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: No preference Budget: $1500 Contact: PM

Best Response
MomentaLaugh:
Why does everyone want to live in Murray Hill or Midtown?

Because it's their first time living in NYC

My drinkin' problem left today, she packed up all her bags and walked away.

City: NYC Preferred Areas: Murray Hill/Midtown or Tribeca (open to other areas as well) Lease Start: Flexible Total Roommates: 1 Your Gender: Female Roommate Gender: Prefer Female (male is okay too) Budget: $1700-$2200/person/month Prefered Amenities:Doorman Contact: PM

City: NYC Preferred Areas: East Village (open to other areas as well) Lease Start: Flexible, preferable June 1 Position: FT Analyst MM IB Total Roommates: 2-4 Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: No preference Budget: $1500 Contact: PM

Not sure any of the above users have roommates but, PM if your looking for a body.

City: NY Preferred Areas: pretty open but would prefer Murray Hill Start Date: July Lease Start: June/July Position: FT IB Analyst Total Roommates: 2-4 Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: no preference Budget: 1600 (Lower is better) Contact: PM

DLJ Analyst Class '96

City: San Francisco Preferred Areas: SoMA, Marina, similar areas (flexible) Start Date: July - but will be in NY for training for several weeks Position: FT IB Analyst Total Roommates: 2-4 Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: No preference Budget: up to 1800 (lower is better) Contact: PM

A little last minute, but the guy I was supposed to room with took an offer in another city.

City: NY Preferred Areas: Downtown, Clinton, East Village, West Village, Tribeca, Midtown West Start Date: June 24 Lease Start: June Position: FT ST Analyst Total Roommates: 2-4 Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: no preference Budget: 1600 Contact: PM

**Important Update and sorry last minute

My friends and I are currently looking for one additional roommate for an apartment in Murray Hill. I am a first year (upcoming second year) banking analyst, one roommate is a consultant, and the other works at a start-up. We have several nice apartments that we like, but one roommate had to pull out unexpectedly.

Move in: 5/15-6/1 Location: Murray Hill Budget: ~1400

Thanks

Please PM if interested (the sooner the better).

City: NYC Preferred Areas: Manhattan, preferably Midtown Start Date: June Lease Start: June Position: FT IB Analyst - BB Total Roommates: 2-5 Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: No preference Budget: up to $1,500 per person (hopefully) Contact: PM

City: NYC Preferred Areas: Manhattan, in or close to Midtown Start Date: June Lease Start: June Position: FT S&T Analyst, BB Total Roommates: No Preference Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: No Preference Budget: Approx. $1,400/person Contact: PM

City: NYC Preferred Areas: East Village (open to other areas as well) Lease Start: June 1 Position: FT IB Analyst Total Roommates: 2-4 Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: No preference Budget: $1,500 Contact: PM

How come people with income over 100k cannot afford to rent an appartment by themselves?

You killed the Greece spread goes up, spread goes down, from Wall Street they all play like a freak, Goldman Sachs 'o beat.

Arti:

How come people with income over 100k cannot afford to rent an appartment by themselves?

They can afford it, but you probably don't want a third or more of your income going to rent.

Because when you're in a room full of smart people, smart suddenly doesn't matter—interesting is what matters.

TonyPerkis:

City: Camp Hope
Preffered Area: Chipmunk Cabin
Lease Start:
Position: Director of Success and Hustle
Male
Budget: N/a

City: Shelby, NC Preferred Area: Don't really care as long as it's close to the bar so I can drunk drive home easily Lease Start: Whenever dude Position: Starting pitcher, Myrtle Beach Mermen 100% Male Budget: I'm fucking Kenny Powers, pff, I'm loaded dog.

My drinkin' problem left today, she packed up all her bags and walked away.

Kenny Powers:
TonyPerkis:

City: Camp Hope
Preffered Area: Chipmunk Cabin
Lease Start:
Position: Director of Success and Hustle
Male
Budget: N/a

City: Shelby, NC
Preferred Area: Don't really care as long as it's close to the bar so I can drunk drive home easily
Lease Start: Whenever dude
Position: Starting pitcher, Myrtle Beach Mermen
100% Male
Budget: I'm fucking Kenny Powers, pff, I'm loaded dog.

If i can move my location from western pennsylvania, would you like to live together? I think we could form a great tag team

I eat success for breakfast...with skim milk

If anyone is still looking for a roommate in SF, let me know. I want to get a lease that starts June 1st. I'll be heading there next week to take a look at places if you can join me. Looking to keep it under 2000 per person. I'll be a first year analyst moving to SF for the first time. PM me if you are interested.

City: San Francisco Preferred Areas: Marina, Nob Hilll... preferably close to Embarcadero Center Lease Start Date: June or July. Will be in NYC for training until end of July Position: FT IB Analyst Total Roommates: No preference Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: No preference Budget: up to 1800 Contact: PM

Hoping for some insight on the following as I'm not at all familiar with the NY rental market:

• For apartments that are listed as ready for immediate move in, would the brokers be willing to set a lease that starts in Jul? Or would they rather keep the listing open in case someone can move in immediately?
  • Is looking for apartments in mid-May too early for Jul move-in?
  • What does it mean for leases if a 421g abatement expires during the lease/just before it starts? Does rent automatically go up?

Thanks for any advice!

City: Houston Preferred Areas: Montrose, Inner Loop in general Lease Start: Position: Natural gas analyst Total Roommates: Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: No preference Budget: Contact: PM

City: New York Preferred Areas: Midtown East, Midtown, Murray Hill Start Date: August Lease Start: July to August Position: 1st year in PE, relocating from West Coast Total Roommates: Flexible Your Gender: Female Roommate Gender: No preference Budget: Flexible Contact: PM

I already have an apartment and am looking for a female roommate (my current roommate is relocating to the west coast).

City - New York Area - Gramercy (23rd and 1st) Start Date: July 1st Lease Start: July 1st Position: Investment Bank upcoming 2nd year (think long hours) Total Roommates: 2 Your Gender: Female Roommate Gender: Female Budget: around $1800 Contact: PM

Note: I LOVE my apartment. It is a luxury doorman building with a good view, big kitchen and nice bathroom. We have a roof top and a gym. Also washer and dryer included IN THE APARTMENT. Our neighbors are nice and quiet. You never hear noise from them. I think it is a great deal for what it has to offer.

The location is about 10min from the 6 train and within walking distance to the East Village. It is very residential and quiet.

My buddy and I are seeking 2-3 roommates for a 3-5 BR apartment

City: Manhattan, NYC Preferred Areas: Gramercy, Chelsea, Midtown, Flatiron, West/East Village Start Date: July Lease Start: July Position: Boutique IB Total Roommates: 3-5 Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: Male preference Budget: No more than 1500 per person Contact: PM

City: Boston (first Boston post in here?!?!) Preferred Areas: Anywhere near a T Start Date: July 1 Lease Start: June 1 - July 1 Position: Consulting, 2nd year analyst (Never there) Total Roommates: 1-4 Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: Male Budget: No more than $1,500 Contact: PM

Nothing short of everything will really do.

Accidentally posted in the 2012 thread so re-posting here:

City: NYC Preferred Areas: TriBeCa, Soho, West Village, Midtown West. Anywhere with access to 1/A/C/E/N/R is fine, but I'm very open Start Date: June 10th Lease Start: No later than July 1st Position: Analyst, real estate finance Total Roommates: Lower is better Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: No preference Budget: up to 1800 Contact: PM

City: NYC Preferred Areas: Flatiron, Union Sq, WV, Stuytown, pretty open though. Start Date: August Lease Start: July/August Position: IB analyst, strong boutique Total Roommates: 2-4 Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: Male Budget: up to 1600 Contact: PM

Anyone still looking for a place? I have an apartment that costs only $1200 a month, in a great location (Upper East Side, 83rd and 3rd). One of the guys knows the landlord so he got us a discount on the rent.

It's a 5 bedroom, 2 (full) bathroom apartment with decent sized rooms, a kitchen, living room, etc. We have 4 people and are looking for a fifth. Twelve month lease starting immediately. Roommates are two bankers, another finance guy and a paralegal. Message me for details.

AptInNYC1234:

Anyone still looking for a place? I have an apartment that costs only $1200 a month, in a great location (Upper East Side, 83rd and 3rd). One of the guys knows the landlord so he got us a discount on the rent.

It's a 5 bedroom, 2 (full) bathroom apartment with decent sized rooms, a kitchen, living room, etc. We have 4 people and are looking for a fifth. Twelve month lease starting immediately. Roommates are two bankers, another finance guy and a paralegal. Message me for details.

lol that's not a discount on rent in the upper east with 5 people living there.

"Look, you're my best friend, so don't take this the wrong way. In twenty years, if you're still livin' here, comin' over to my house to watch the Patriots games, still workin' construction, I'll fuckin' kill you. That's not a threat, that's a fact.

I have a stuytown apartment (monthly rent is $1500 per person) and am looking for two male roommates. Its a two bedroom apartment converted to three. The apartment has the "classic" finish as listed on the stuytown website if you want to get an idea of what it looks like. PM me if interested. The lease has to be re-signed by mid July.

City-New York Area - Stuytown Start Date: July Lease Start: July Position: 2nd Year Analyst (Sales and Trading) Total Roommates: 3 Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: Male Budget: $1500 Contact: PM

City: NYC (transferring from outside U.S.) Preferred Areas: Chelsea, West Village, East Village, Gramercy, Flatiron, Union Square, pretty flexible Start Date: July in NYC Lease Start: August (willing to start lease in July if opportunity is right) Position: IB analyst, boutique Total Roommates: 2-4 Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: No preference Budget: Up to 2,000+ Contact: PM

City-New York Area - prefers east village, mainly downtown, flexible! Start Date: July Lease Start: August, September, or October (resident of NYC...can be flexible about move-in date) Position: 1st year analyst Total Roommates: no preference Your Gender: Female Roommate Gender: no preference Budget: preferably $1300/person or lower, flexible! Contact: PM

I know it'd be rare for anyone to move in towards the end of summer/early fall, but it's worth a shot! also, prices will probably decrease in the fall.

Realize this is late to the game and probably a long shot, but I'm looking for a roommate for a July 31/Aug 1 move-in. Either doing that or getting a studio due to time crunch.

City: NYC Preferred Areas: Murray Hill, Midtown East, Upper East side Start Date: Already working Lease Start: July 31/Aug 1 Position: IB analyst, BB Total Roommates: 2-3 Your Gender: Male Roommate Gender: No preference Budget: Up to 2,000+ Contact: PM

I had good luck with this thread so I am posting again. I found a roommate by posting here but her firm relocated her to the west coast before she moved in:(

I am looking for a female roommate to share a 2-br apartment in a luxury high-rise in Gramercy. Rent is $1790. I am a second year analyst in an investment bank, working long hours.

Non earum ab in numquam. Inventore molestiae corrupti enim ratione omnis asperiores in. Illo facilis aliquam repellat facere aperiam. Sequi perspiciatis quis laborum molestiae qui itaque delectus.

"Look, you're my best friend, so don't take this the wrong way. In twenty years, if you're still livin' here, comin' over to my house to watch the Patriots games, still workin' construction, I'll fuckin' kill you. That's not a threat, that's a fact.

Quod ut sapiente nam tempore similique sint nemo magnam. Nulla recusandae et quod alias. Sed omnis explicabo veniam sunt.

Atque soluta blanditiis quae laudantium expedita. Quibusdam ipsam ipsum sit officiis omnis numquam numquam deleniti. Voluptatem magni at minus. Modi alias rem adipisci aperiam dolores eum.

Explicabo officia libero nihil consequatur repudiandae. Voluptatem eos dignissimos velit voluptates quia. Eos ut natus dolorum molestias enim. Aperiam neque deleniti at vel ut. Temporibus consequatur debitis fuga et cum occaecati.

Reiciendis voluptatem consequatur qui magnam. Unde perferendis nihil placeat doloremque odio in tempore.

Aut rem ad cum est natus. Similique voluptatem aut nemo facilis cupiditate. Quasi reiciendis necessitatibus minus reiciendis. Deleniti dolorem eos ut cupiditate in.

Vitae excepturi consectetur magnam. Aut magnam beatae sunt sapiente quas eos distinctio asperiores. Voluptatum atque omnis autem et qui magni accusamus labore. Sunt modi quo sint animi assumenda autem in. Et necessitatibus optio ut iure error maxime nihil exercitationem. Et vel repellendus nemo minima pariatur nostrum dolorum. Qui quam sequi optio laborum.

Quas ducimus distinctio cum adipisci. Illum quia amet modi et cumque omnis nam. Praesentium alias aut vel nam ea.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”