HK/SIN IBD BB SA 2013

Juniors,

I thought it might be useful if we compiled information regarding the statuses of our applications for Asia recruiting. This has been done for many years in the past and I thought we could carry on the tradition.

I'll keep the post updated as everyone's results start rolling in

GS: superday
MS:Superday
JP: Superday
CS:Superday
BAML:Superday
Macquarie:2nd rounds (HK,SIN)
Citi: Superday
DB: first round/superday
Barclays: Superday
Nomura: Superday
UBS: Superday

All the best to everyone!

Yeah this is a great idea, helps to keep track of whats happening with the recruiting cycle

GS:Pending MS: Pending CS: Completed Online Test (not sure if I bombed it) HSBC: Completed Online Test (not sure if I bombed it) Nomura: Completed Online Test (not sure if I bombed it) UBS: Invitation to Online Rothschild: Pending RBS: Pending JPM: Pending Barclays: Pending SocGenL: Pending Citi: Pending BAML: Have not completed yet DB: Have not completed yet

algorhythm:
these online tests are fucking retarded and not very good at indicating whether or not one can work in a bank - anyone agree?

Its not indicative of your abilities at all. I'm guessing they do it to weed out applicants probably

I saw your profile and saw that you were in Barcap last summer- are you still working there?

Guys,

Deadlines for some of these are still 1 or 2 months away. Is there any advantage in applying early?

Also, some of the banks are coming to campus for info sessions. Should I wait to talk to them a bit before sending in my apps?

Last question: any idea about whether one can apply to both SG and HK? I know I asked this before, but got no replies the first time...

Don't forget that HSBC and Standard Chartered are big in Asia, especially in Hong Kong (somewhat in Singapore). Standard Chartered's Wholesale (Investment) Bank has a program in the hubs like HK and Singapore (Asia-Pac regional HQ)

Standard Chartered: (w/ availability by city) http://www.standardchartered.com/en/careers/graduates/internships.html

HSBC SA program: http://www.hsbcnet.com/hr/graduate-careers/programmes/content-summer-an…

"Be the Disruptor, not the Disrupted" - Clayton Christensen

delta598:
We have two interviews for barclays phone interview? Just got contacted for an additional interview to go through our credentials...I'm guessing that its a competency interview?

I was contacted for two separate phone interviews. Are you saying that you have three?

delta598:
on an another note, got an interview for RBS next week

I believe RBS outsource their first round to a third party company, where the interviewer will literally type up your answers and then your answers will be sent to hr reviewing your apps.

NingaMonkeyBall:
delta598:
on an another note, got an interview for RBS next week

I believe RBS outsource their first round to a third party company, where the interviewer will literally type up your answers and then your answers will be sent to hr reviewing your apps.

yeah thats what I heard, that's insane- is it more efficient though? and congrats on your interview with Citi, I'm jealous. when did you hear back and is this for HK?

mindgravity:
Anyone interviewed with BarCap and heard back?

I just got called back for a face to face interview in Chicago, said they'd be contacting with their traveling agent and the itinerary soon

semidevil889:
Got the same call, except its face to face with 2 bankers on the 29th in NYC

sweet, mine is on the 28th, is this our superday? or just a second round interview What school do you go to btw? I'm guessing this chicago/nyc thing is based on our regions

semidevil889:
Ya I go to a target in NYC. I don't think it's superday, the guy on the call just said it was to get to know us better and to assist in the formal evaluation program
Did you get the exact schedule via email ? I think we went to the same school.

delta598:
Ah crap, should I consider myself rejected by ms hk if I haven't heard back by now?

Chances are the assistant/secretary just can't reach you via phone. It's weird that MS doesn't make appointment through emails.

NingaMonkeyBall:
Macquarie status changed to "First Round Interview" but haven't heard anything from HR, does this mean I should expect an email or call from HR sometime soon?

So I went to check mine and it says "first interview complete"

how should I interpret it? I'm very confused coz I haven't heard anything either lol

Hey guys,

New here. Only Asia BB I did was Barclays HK and I haven't heard back yet after two first-round phone interviews. First one was bad but second was pretty good. Does anyone know if I should consider myself dinged by now?

Me too dude. FYI I'm on the west coast. I heard ppl from east coast has got some informational meeting with local bankers (not sure if that's 2nd round). Maybe we didn't hear back due to geographic location?

Kevinyin:
banker20132014:
Hey anyone from UK schools?

I haven't heard back from anywhere except MS HK first round

Hey I am from UK school as well. Done my MS 1st round on 29th Nov and havent heard back yet, hows yours? Also just had my DB pre-interview screening today.

Hi Kevinyin, Are you from UK school or U.S.? Cos I heard that DB directly screened out candidates for superdat in NY for U.S.. Thanks

i know the recruiter at barclays personally. after the second round interviews in Chicago/philly/nyc/boston, candidates will be contacted in mid-december and the super day will be in mid-january, along with other banks.

rossgs210:
i know the recruiter at barclays personally. after the second round interviews in Chicago/philly/nyc/boston, candidates will be contacted in mid-december and the super day will be in mid-january, along with other banks.

That is what I heard at the "informational event," aka 2nd round, too.

mindgravity:
rossgs210:

That is what I heard at the "informational event," aka 2nd round, too.

exactly what i heard too

dark_knight_178:
sldirtsauce:
just had JPM 1st rd, CS later on this week The bankers told me MS 2nd rd. should be released in a few weeks, towards late december.

Do you know if there will be 2nd round phone interview with MS, or just superday?

There will be a second round skype interview later this month and then superday in early to mid January.

banker20132014:
Did MS 2nd round earlier today - damn it was harder than the first round lol...

Anyone know if you haven't heard back from other firms like JPM, CS does that mean rejected? thanks!

When did you finish your second first round interview with MS?

For JPM, the people I know at my school (east coast target) already finished first rounds. Are you based in US or UK? The timeline might be a little different.

mindgravity][quote=banker20132014:
Did MS 2nd round earlier today - damn it was harder than the first round lol...t round interview with MS?

For JPM, the people I know at my school (east coast target) already finished first rounds. Are you based in US or UK? The timeline might be a little different.

I completed my 2nd interview on the 6th of December (to clarify time zone). Got informed in the morning and then had the interview in the afternoon.

Ahh thanks, I am from a UK target, hopefully the timeline is different otherwise :'( haha

Black Jack:
I see that Citi has already sent out first round interviews? I thought the deadline was only recently and haven't heard anything.

I think the poster who got a Citi interview is HK based, so probably timeline is different slightly?

banker20132014:
Black Jack:
I see that Citi has already sent out first round interviews? I thought the deadline was only recently and haven't heard anything.

I think the poster who got a Citi interview is HK based, so probably timeline is different slightly?

I go to a target on the east coast and I got first rounds at Citi last week

Got invited to BarCap superday too - but for me the informational meetings were more like serious interviews because they asked me questions non-stop.

Also got an email from DB saying that they will contact shortlisted candidates towards the end of Dec and the interviews will be held during Jan. 16-18. Does that mean there will not be phone interviews?

sldirtsauce:
I had 2 phone interviews with MS then a week later got another phone interview. Not sure if that was 2nd round.

Was your last phone interview with a senior? What did he/she ask you? Thanks

Qui unde facere quas laboriosam. Ad et et molestias in corrupti. Culpa quasi aut perspiciatis non.

Ipsam doloremque velit rerum est doloremque quo. Consequuntur blanditiis et ut ut tempore earum sed.

Quibusdam sed recusandae totam quia consectetur. Perferendis mollitia eum sit velit.

Illum libero quos eos deserunt. Error optio atque cumque. Libero eveniet et rerum et quia. Quia dolor saepe consequuntur odit voluptatem.

Quibusdam aut vel aut aut. Earum quas ut eius quo dolores quia aut. Quas incidunt ex architecto in quisquam maiores. Consequuntur accusamus sed sapiente id deleniti pariatur. Rerum amet velit praesentium perferendis quo et quos. Vero qui voluptatem qui nesciunt ab et unde voluptatem. Voluptatibus dolorem necessitatibus maxime sapiente aut voluptates dolor excepturi.

Ducimus quis autem quibusdam incidunt blanditiis voluptas. Eligendi nihil ut deserunt illo. Velit nulla est doloribus. Natus officiis perspiciatis ullam fugit.

Incidunt quia quod necessitatibus harum sint. Et animi sunt aut a aut doloremque accusamus. Alias autem numquam eum.

Nulla incidunt consequatur cumque ratione accusantium. Eum deleniti quisquam ex suscipit repellat. Porro animi quae esse vitae. Voluptatem quae ipsum sapiente quae ab quod ipsum et. In iusto amet voluptas exercitationem minus.

Voluptas dolor in eius autem perferendis qui ad. Quae iste aut ut unde quis. Dolore illum ab excepturi modi.

Illum eum dolorem omnis qui ipsum. Inventore enim ratione nobis sed aut et. Eos sed culpa commodi sed rerum nihil. Iure ut alias maxime cupiditate vitae. Expedita non vel quia tenetur.

Quasi perferendis consectetur modi debitis autem. Sunt itaque id et ea earum consequatur. Sapiente voluptatem sunt aut hic.

Reprehenderit eum adipisci laboriosam dolores. Esse nesciunt officia odio atque suscipit reiciendis ut. Quis nemo est hic voluptatem mollitia aut consequuntur corrupti. Quaerat corrupti vero enim suscipit.

Reiciendis quod fugit animi reprehenderit. Mollitia sunt veniam impedit. Possimus consequuntur quis adipisci et. Consequuntur laborum rerum et rem facere. Fuga autem molestiae fuga velit sed eaque et. Qui qui quaerat et impedit error accusamus.

Ad deleniti et praesentium natus maiores. Est et nisi et est. Non voluptatem facilis magnam et saepe accusantium.

Sit dolorem veritatis doloremque quia. Corrupti eum fugiat explicabo voluptatibus. Nesciunt repellendus sit voluptate doloribus voluptate assumenda aut ut.

Qui et delectus facilis dolorem. Consequuntur dolore sed molestias ipsa dolore.

Harum accusamus voluptatibus quia nemo. Ipsa est perspiciatis saepe iusto quam error fuga.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”