Where do you keep your phone when you sleep? [Poll sponsored by ThePillowPocket.com]
Under my pillow - Like-a-boss
15% (38 votes)
In my hand - I craft e-mails and check wso in my sleep
5% (12 votes)
Nightstand - I'm just a regular-everyday-normal-guy
56% (147 votes)
Other side of the room - F*ck PDT emails
13% (33 votes)
N/A - I don't sleep (all-nighters 'til I die)
7% (18 votes)
Other (please comment)
5% (14 votes)
Total votes: 262
- Throughout my career I was constantly reminded of how little I knew. When I interviewed for the job at <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/company/goldman-sachs" target="_blank">Goldman Sachs</a></span>, as...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): #TBT Throwback Thursday - this was originally posted in 2006. To see all of our top content from the past, click <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/highest-ranked-discussions">here.</a></em> So I'm new here and spent a good deal...
- <strong>Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!</strong>: <em>Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a <a...
- <em>Post any questions you may have and I'll do my best to answer!</em> There doesn't seem to be much information on this website regarding this niche role so I'd like to just expand on this and hopefully future readers can gain insight on this function. I...
- Hello all, I was suddenly grabbed by an idea to write down the lessons I learned from the ten interviews across seven different positions and 6 different companies I attended in the past 2.5 months on the road to my first job out of university. I started brainstorming in rough chronological...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-jobs">right here</a>), we would also create a WSO Applicant...
- My content intern @Lucas_M" is at it again! This time the top ranked (by silver bananas) posts related to networking, cold calling, and cold emailing. Enjoy! p.s. Need more networking advice? Check out our <a...
- <p>I worked as a management consultant for 4 years.</p> <p>I learned a bunch of stuff about business and strategy and operations.</p> <p>I also learned how to sound smart about something I knew nothing about, and how to use jargon to make simple things sound...
- A week ago, I began my series of posts on the drug business, starting with <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/divergence-in-the-drug-businesses-pharmaceuticals-and-biotechnology">my perspective on how the business is changing</a> and then moving on to post on...
- So I am from a very non-targeted Southern school. I grew up in a small South Carolina town and I am the first in my family to get a degree from an accredited school. I didn't come from much money (my family was in real estate and the recession really hurt us), so I had to pay for college....
- I'm hosting a WSO webinar (link here) on Thursday, December 3rd about my application to Wharton and how I got in, despite having a low gmat score (only 10% of admitted students had a GMAT under 700,...
- Hi guys, I'm currently doing some research about the influence of hot debt market on the leverage of LBOs and the subsequent firm growth of the targets. I use Mergermarket to construct the list of...
- Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had any insight on how difficult it is to change industry vertical after 2 years in a vertical that is seen as more specialized (i.e. 2 year of FIG PE to...
- Hello I am in my final year of an engineering degree at a UK target. I am planning to do a masters degree next year. I hold summer internship offers from Nomura IBD and BNP IBD. If my goal is to join...
- They mostly have no interests/passions outside of drinking, girls, money, and power.
- As a long time reader of WSO, I want to take the opportunity to contribute to the forum. Since I started work in a big four valuation group, I have seen many posts on the forum that attempt to...
- I am attending a local industry happy hour sponsored by an organization for M&A professionals. The event is open to non-members so I thought it would be a good way to meet local professionals...
- UBS has been aggressively poaching talent from top boutiques and BBs (see WSJ link inside this post) and has been on some of the biggest deals of 2015. With many of their European peers in uncertain...
- Bio: Liliana Nealon was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina. She emigrated to New York City, United States with her family at the age of thirteen. At a time when women had few opportunities in the...
- I'm interested in setting up the foundation for creating an investment fund LP. What is the best way to accumulate capital from accredited investors starting out?
- Hey guys, I'm soon starting at one of MBB and have enough time to absolve a PE internship in between. The funds I'm interested in include 3i, Ardian as well as Bridgepoint, do you think it may help...
- Hello all, I was suddenly grabbed by an idea to write down the lessons I learned from the ten interviews across seven different positions and 6 different companies I attended in the past 2.5 months...
- "Kristin Svanqvist, left, heads reimbursement at Norway's state health system, which pays for most prescription drugs in the country, controlling prices in part by weighing cost-effectiveness. Helga...
- I saw this on hacker news and thought it was worth posting here.http://www.okwu.edu/blog/2015/11/this-is-not-a-day...
- What do you guys think? If I Was President.
Long term, which career path interests you the most?
Corporate Finance / Strategy / Development
Investment Advisor / PWM
Sales & Trading
Other Finance Role (academia, non-profit, government, legal, etc)
Other - Non Finance
Total votes: 1238