Private Equity 1st Year Associate
- Josh is an Associate in the Strategic Finance Group of Accordion Partners, a management consulting firm which advises on, executes, and implements value creation initiatives and 100 day plans for Private Equity-backed companies and their financial sponsors
- Prior to joining Accordion Partners, Josh was a Manager at XRC Labs, an incubator and accelerator platform focused on the retail and consumer packaged goods sectors, where he advised startup companies on ways to leverage financial modeling and decision sciences to help launch new product and service businesses. He was also instrumental in the development of fundraising strategies and business plans for startup clients.
- Prior to working at XRC Labs, Josh served as an Investment Associate on Neuberger Berman's Private Equity team and was later dedicated to the firm's business development initiatives. Specifically, he collaborated with deal teams, management teams and other 3rd party advisors to evaluate and execute private equity and debt investments as well as other strategic initiatives for the $250B asset manager.
- Prior to joining Neuberger Berman Private Equity, Josh was an Investment Banking Analyst in the Restructuring & Special Situations Finance Group at Barclays, where he advised distressed clients on both M&A and financing transactions both in and out of Chapter 11 bankruptcy. In this role, Josh collaborated with management teams to develop detailed financial models, conducted financial & operational due diligence, and prepared reports and supporting analyses for several US bankruptcy court filings.
- Josh graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Maryland, College Park with a B.S. in Finance. Josh is currently an MBA candidate at Duke University (Fuqua School of Business) with a concentration in Corporate Strategy.
- Josh has interviewed hundreds of aspiring Wall Street professionals while working at both Barclays and Neuberger Berman
About the mentor
Reviews for this mentor
August 22, 2018
Some of our mentors are forced to be anonymous due to firm policies or personal preference. Anonymity allows us to i) source the best mentors from the top companies in the world ii) allows them to be honest and give you amazing insight into the industry and firms.
How It Works
All of our mentors are actual professionals. You can be sure that we will match you with an expert in your target industry and that they have gone through strict WSO training to ensure a smooth experience.
How much is your career worth?
What you get
Value (Based on avg hourly rate of our professionals)
Step 1: Detailed Questionnaire
So we can match you with the perfect mentor for your target industry, background, seniority and region...
Step 2: Additional Investigation
Mentor reviews your questionnaire in detail to dive into your experience to make sure we uncover the most important aspects of your application and prepare for your mock interview/consultation...
Step 3: First 30 Min Call with Feedback
Detailed list of what we would work on together with more time and WHY...no obligation to move forward.
TOTAL VALUE (Get 85% Off)
Here’s just some of what you can expect
Match with an Expert Industry Professional
ALL of our mentors are actual professionals that screens candidates for their elite firms. You can be sure that we will match you with an expert in your target industry and that they have gone through strict WSO training to ensure a smooth experience.
Every Word Counts
Our experts make sure know the right buzzwords and recruiting strategies to help you stand out from the thousands of other applicants.
Investment Banking, Private Equity, Hedge Fund, Corp Fin, Consulting & More…
No matter what elite industry you are targeting, we have you covered. We have expert reviewers ready to help you in investment banking, trading, private equity, hedge funds, consulting, real estate finance, equity research, accounting, corporate finance and more... If you're not sure if we can help, feel free to reach out to [email protected]
2 Weeks of Follow Up
To make sure all of your questions are answered, we offer up to 2 additional weeks to follow up with your mentor once your final session is over… we want to make sure you understand our suggestions to help you land more interviews and more importantly, an elite job.
You Drive, We Guide
Whether you want to use your time for a mock interview, model review, career consultation or a live resume review, how you spend the time with your mentor is 100% up to you.
Low Risk - High Potential Reward
You should expect this service to be a very iterative process. After we get your detailed questionnaire and match you to one of our mentors, he or she will schedule a time for your initial 1 hour session to help gain clarification and start the process ($50 off first session). If you think the mentor is a good match, then you can purchase more time (73% of our clients buy more hours).
48-72 Hour Rush Service Available
The standard mentor session takes approximately between ~3-7 days to schedule, however, upon checkout, there are options to expedite the service for an additional fee (+$100) in order to get matches and scheduled within 48-72hrs after submitting your questionnaire and resume. While this is not ideal (we encourage clients to sign up before a rush is needed), we realize sometimes tight deadlines and interviews are unexpected/unavoidable.