- She has several years of middle-market private equity experience in the energy, food and social impact space.
- Previously, she spent many years on the sell-side in the power, energy and infrastructure space in New York. She began her career as an Equity Research Associate at UBS, where she worked for an Analyst, who is ranked #1 by Institutional Investor rankings. She then worked in Investment Banking at Lazard / Scotiabank on strategic and M&A mandates worth over $56 billion.
- She has led the recruiting and interview processes for diverse candidates, including interns, full-time and lateral hires. She has also served as a mentor to many analysts and interns.
- She has also helped many candidates prepare for the investment banking, private equity, equity research, consulting and asset management industries.
- She graduated with a B.A. in Economics from Wellesley College. She also took classes and conducted research at MIT's Sloan School of Management.
- In college, she worked abroad in private equity, renewable energy and non-profits in Europe and India.
About the mentor
Reviews for this mentor
She helped me understand what does it look like to be an equity research analyst in the energy sector. She has extensive knowledge and examples, both on a macro level and on the day-to-day work. I highly recommend consulting with her to gain a better understanding of the industry.
Serena is a knowledgeable mentor with a 'tell it as it is' approach. As someone who's been on the other side, she knows what recruiters are looking for and can help clients address their strengths and weaknesses in the competitive finance landscape. After a one hour conversation, I felt that I had learned things I couldn't have found anywhere else. Surina really offers unique insights and I'd recommend her to anyone looking for a job in ER, IB, or PE.
Some of our mentors are forced to be anonymous due to firm policies or personal preference. Anonymity allows us to i) source the best mentors from the top companies in the world ii) allows them to be honest and give you amazing insight into the industry and firms.
How It Works
All of our mentors are actual professionals. You can be sure that we will match you with an expert in your target industry and that they have gone through strict WSO training to ensure a smooth experience.