- She has several years of middle-market private equity experience in the energy, food and social impact space.
- Previously, she spent many years on the sell-side in the power, energy and infrastructure space in New York. She began her career as an Equity Research Associate at UBS, where she worked for an Analyst, who is ranked #1 by Institutional Investor rankings. She then worked in Investment Banking at Lazard / Scotiabank on strategic and M&A mandates worth over $56 billion.
- She has led the recruiting and interview processes for diverse candidates, including interns, full-time and lateral hires. She has also served as a mentor to many analysts and interns.
- She has also helped many candidates prepare for the investment banking, private equity, equity research, consulting and asset management industries.
- She graduated with a B.A. in Economics from Wellesley College. She also took classes and conducted research at MIT's Sloan School of Management.
- In college, she worked abroad in private equity, renewable energy and non-profits in Europe and India.
About the mentor
Reviews for this mentor
February 19, 2019
She helped me understand what does it look like to be an equity research analyst in the energy sector. She has extensive knowledge and examples, both on a macro level and on the day-to-day work. I highly recommend consulting with her to gain a better understanding of the industry.
February 18, 2019
Serena is a knowledgeable mentor with a 'tell it as it is' approach. As someone who's been on the other side, she knows what recruiters are looking for and can help clients address their strengths and weaknesses in the competitive finance landscape. After a one hour conversation, I felt that I had learned things I couldn't have found anywhere else. Surina really offers unique insights and I'd recommend her to anyone looking for a job in ER, IB, or PE.
Some of our mentors are forced to be anonymous due to firm policies or personal preference. Anonymity allows us to i) source the best mentors from the top companies in the world ii) allows them to be honest and give you amazing insight into the industry and firms.
How It Works
All of our mentors are actual professionals. You can be sure that we will match you with an expert in your target industry and that they have gone through strict WSO training to ensure a smooth experience.
Here’s just some of what you can expect
Match with an Expert Industry Professional
ALL of our mentors are actual professionals that screens candidates for their elite firms. You can be sure that we will match you with an expert in your target industry and that they have gone through strict WSO training to ensure a smooth experience.
Every Word Counts
Our experts make sure know the right buzzwords and recruiting strategies to help you stand out from the thousands of other applicants.
Investment Banking, Private Equity, Hedge Fund, Corp Fin, Consulting & More…
No matter what elite industry you are targeting, we have you covered. We have expert reviewers ready to help you in investment banking, trading, private equity, hedge funds, consulting, real estate finance, equity research, accounting, corporate finance and more... If you're not sure if we can help, feel free to reach out to [email protected]
2 Weeks of Follow Up
To make sure all of your questions are answered, we offer up to 2 additional weeks to follow up with your mentor once your final session is over… we want to make sure you understand our suggestions to help you land more interviews and more importantly, an elite job.
You Drive, We Guide
Whether you want to use your time for a mock interview, model review, career consultation or a live resume review, how you spend the time with your mentor is 100% up to you.
Low Risk - High Potential Reward
You should expect this service to be a very iterative process. After we get your detailed questionnaire and match you to one of our mentors, he or she will schedule a time for your initial 1 hour session to help gain clarification and start the process ($50 off first session). If you think the mentor is a good match, then you can purchase more time (73% of our clients buy more hours).
48-72 Hour Rush Service Available
The standard mentor session takes approximately between ~3-7 days to schedule, however, upon checkout, there are options to expedite the service for an additional fee (+$100) in order to get matches and scheduled within 48-72hrs after submitting your questionnaire and resume. While this is not ideal (we encourage clients to sign up before a rush is needed), we realize sometimes tight deadlines and interviews are unexpected/unavoidable.
How much is your career worth?
What you get
Value (Based on avg hourly rate of our professionals)
Step 1: Detailed Questionnaire
So we can match you with the perfect mentor for your target industry, background, seniority and region...
Step 2: Additional Investigation
Mentor reviews your questionnaire in detail to dive into your experience to make sure we uncover the most important aspects of your application and prepare for your mock interview/consultation...
Step 3: First 30 Min Call with Feedback
Detailed list of what we would work on together with more time and WHY...no obligation to move forward.
TOTAL VALUE (Get 85% Off)