- Private equity professional with 6+ years of cross-sector international investing experience in Houston and in London
- Currently a first-year MBA student at Harvard Business School
- Most recently worked in Carlyle's London office focussing on generalist special situation opportunistic credit deals across EMEA
- 4-years of experience as an Associate at a London-based family office; generalist investor with particular exposure to consumer & retail, healthcare services, financial services, and technology sectors
- Significant deal experience investing in and managing portfolio companies in emerging markets (particularly Sub-Saharan Africa)
- 2.5 years of Investment Banking experience at Credit Suisse across Oil & Gas and Consumer & Retail IBD teams
- Graduated with major in finance and minor in accounting from U.S. based university - previously interned with and successfully interviewed with numerous BB and boutique investment banks as well as middle-market and megafund private equity
About the mentor
Reviews for this mentor
We started working together at the beginning of October. She has been absolutely amazing. She has been mentoring me on different career paths and also has been incredibly helpful during my unexpected job search. She is very personable and responds very quickly which I really appreciate especially as my job search has sped up. She has incredible insights / resources and is always upfront with me with regard to feedback / potential opportunities I am looking at. I would 10/10 recommend her to someone!
It has been an invaluable experience for me. I'm currently interviewing with a Private Equity firm, and I have had four mentor sessions with her before my interviews. She provided me with excellent guidance and constructive and honest feedback, which has helped me identify my current strengths and weaknesses and learn to improve.
In addition, she asks me questions more often than simply telling me what to do, and the curiosity makes her relate to me from my perspective. My mentor has a strong background in finance and industry knowledge and is open to sharing her expertise. She is an outstanding mentor, and I would recommend her to anyone looking for professional development.
Some of our mentors are forced to be anonymous due to firm policies or personal preference. Anonymity allows us to i) source the best mentors from the top companies in the world ii) allows them to be honest and give you amazing insight into the industry and firms.
How It Works
All of our mentors are actual professionals. You can be sure that we will match you with an expert in your target industry and that they have gone through strict WSO training to ensure a smooth experience.