Sorry I'm late this morning, guys. Here's this week's Bananas:
1) The Number Of B-School Grads Going To Wall Street Has Plummeted (Business Insider) - Probably won't surprise any of you who are already in the business, but the drop in MBAs going to Wall Street is pretty significant.
2) Five obscene reasons the rich grow richer (Salon) - This is basically a liberal screed villainizing the rich, but it's got some valid points and it's funny how butthurt the author is about people in finance dominating the Forbes 400.
3) Michigan Professor Strips Naked In Class, Shouts 'There Is No F--king God' (NewsBusters) - There's nothing like a world-class meltdown to brighten up your day. A Michigan State math teacher completely lost his shit in class and stripped naked while ranting about how shitty all the other teachers are. There's a pretty hilarious picture of the poor guy naked in the hall at this link.
4) Which subject's students have the most sex? (StudentBeans.com) - I have to say I was kinda surprised at this one. Who knew Econ nerds had it in them?
5) What are some mind-blowing facts about exercise, fitness and working out? (Quora) - This is just a fun post in Quora with some really fascinating answers. Did you know exercise actually effects your DNA? Me neither.
6) How Close Are We to Internet Voting? (Mashable) - Not close enough, as far as I'm concerned. The sooner we do away with the electoral college the better. Let's give democracy a chance and see what happens.
7) The day I confronted my troll (The Guardian) - If there's a must-read on this list, it's this one. This one blew me away, and I bet it will you too.
8) Gorillas Seen Dismantling Deadly Poacher Traps (ABC News) - This is just awesome, and should make every last one of you WSO monkeys proud of your lineage.
9) New software uses smartphone camera for spying (Washington Times) - This is some creepy shit right here, but in a perverse way it's kinda cool too. It's only a matter of time before we transition to a 24/7 surveillance society.
10) Former Manson follower recommended for parole after 40 years (NBC News) - I guess the 27th time's a charm. It'll be great to get this sick fuck back on the streets. Maybe he'll look up Squeaky Fromme and put the band back together.
Video of the Week:
If you've ever wondered what bravery looks like, look no further. This is as bad ass as it comes. This guy's unit was pinned down in the Kunar province of Afghanistan. In an effort to get his unit to safety, he ran into the open to draw enemy fire; and draw enemy fire he did. Before his noggin cam went down, he was shot a total of four times, including once in the head. Unbelievably, his body armor absorbed it all and he made it back relatively uninjured. You're gonna wanna go FULL SCREEN on this one:
That's it for this week, guys. Have a spectacular weekend and let me know what you think of this week's Bananas in the comments.