Pages

• Sharebar

would you vote for him?

He's going to make his decision in June, according to him in a very recent interview on Piers Morgan's show (CNN).

I used to not like him in the president "sense" (too spontaneous), but after watching the interview he makes a whole lot of sense and I agree with pretty much everything he says. America now isn't what it used to be, and that should change. It needs to be deathly competitive like it used to be!

Given that he has an issue with OPEC ( hehe ), I still like him though. No bullshit kind of guy, just the type America and the world needs.

What are your thoughts on this?

The WSO Advantage - Land Your Dream Job

Financial Modeling Training

IB Templates, M&A, LBO, Valuation. Learn More.

Wall St. Interview Secrets Revealed

30,000+ sold & REAL questions. Learn More.

Resume Help from Finance Pros

Land More Interviews. Learn More.

Find Your Mentor

Realistic Mock Interviews. Learn More.

Comments (110)

• mike55555's picture

Hahahaha, this a a publicity stunt. Mark my words, Donald Trump will NEVER become President!

If that statement proves to be wrong, I cordially invite every member of the WSO community to throw monkey shit at me.

Men are so simple and so much inclined to obey immediate needs that a deceiver will never lack victims for his deceptions.

-Niccolo Machiavelli

• blastoise's picture

no it will b gen bleck

• alexpasch's picture

I would vote for him. I don't agree with him on everything; but the man gets shit done and knows business better than most.

Consultant to a Fortune 50 Company

• IlliniProgrammer's picture

If he wins in 2012, it will be Trump vs. Rosie in 2016...

• konig's picture

America needs a business minded president, regardless of the seriousness of his claim. The type that wont think twice about nuking Iran when its being bitchy and looking for excuses as it is right now! The type that wont send $114 Billion to Israel for no reason! The one with attention to detail!

@IlliniProgrammer: haha

@blastoise: I puke a bit in my mouth when I see or hear Glenn Beck.

Greed is Good.

• ke18sb's picture

While it would be an interesting experiment to see what would happen if a no nonsense businessman were the president - it won't happen.

Plus talk is cheap. I'm sure doing the stuff he talks about would be impossibly hard to push through. Campaigning/being a talking head is a different beast than governing.

• IBD_Captain's picture

The guy is a hack. He can't even run his shitty company let alone a country. Last I checked, he was trying to sue Citi because HE defaulted on his loan and claimed it was an act of god.

Trump is hardly a no-nonsense business man. He screwed a lot of contractors back when he BK'd in '92. He sometimes seems to think the world revolves around him. His marketing approach is also kinda cynical.

He's a great marketer, but I just don't think he's a good fit for president. But that's just me. I'll take Ron Paul or maybe Donny Deutsch, but not Ron Paul.

• In reply to konig
    coffeeaddict's picture

konig:
    America needs a business minded president, regardless of the seriousness of his claim. The type that wont think twice about nuking Iran when its being bitchy and looking for excuses as it is right now! The type that wont send $114 Billion to Israel for no reason! The one with attention to detail!

Every other president has been a lawyer, and we all know how successful they are at managing the country's deficit

Went from a poetry major to finance... funny how life works isn't it?

• Edmundo Braverman's picture

I know most of you were too young to even remember, but our country's last, best hope for a no-nonsense get-shit-done President was Ross Perot in 1992. And he came so close to winning that the two major parties closed ranks and rigged the system so that no third party candidate will ever get that close again.

You can thank my generation for fucking that one up.

• TimRay's picture

I saw a piece of his CPAC speech. He has a big hill to climb to even get a republican nomination. Though it shouldn't be that difficult, the strongest candidates right now are Ron Paul and Sarah Palin lol

The WSO Advantage - Land Your Dream Job

Financial Modeling Training

IB Templates, M&A, LBO, Valuation. Learn More.

Wall St. Interview Secrets Revealed

30,000+ sold & REAL questions. Learn More.

Resume Help from Finance Pros

Land More Interviews. Learn More.

Find Your Mentor

Realistic Mock Interviews. Learn More.

If he runs as a third party candidate, I'll vote for him just to put an end to the two-party system.

• Frieds's picture

Ron Paul, Chris Christie and Mitt Romey all come to mind as potential republican candidates. Honestly, I'd kill to have a quality 3rd party candidate run just to shake the system up significantly.

Put Glen Beck (god forbid, but hear me out for a sec) as an independant on the ballots for 2012, and I wonder how many people would vote for him and how close he'd actually make it to actually winning the presidency.

• Edmundo Braverman's picture

No way Ron Paul gets the GOP nomination. He's the most hated guy in his party (hated by his own party). Even though he's exactly what the country needs, you'd see GOP party leadership pushing another Obama term if Paul somehow got the nod.

Perhaps Newt Gingrinch would work well, too, Eddie. I'm not picky. I just want someone with some fresh ideas and fiscal responsibility to come in. Obamanomics turned out to involve racking up huge deficits rather than raising taxes back up to Reagan-era norms.

• GOB's picture

Trump would be awesome, but realistically Mitt Romney is the risk adverse version of Trump.

• TheKing's picture

Newt Gingrich? I could never vote for an asshole who:

--Left his wife as she was on her deathbed
    --Tried to boot Clinton out of office for boning an intern while he was doing the exact same thing (cheating on his wife with a staffer)

But, I'm sure the Family Values crowd would still vote for him, fucking idiots.

As for Trump, he is a fraud. A perception in his own mind, a "self-made" "billionaire" who overstates his worth many times over, inherited a shit ton of money, and has been bailed out by family numerous times. Not to mention, the clown has had multiple businesses go bankrupt. He is no genius, he is no superman of business, he is a loud-mouthed fraud with a stupid hairpiece.

You're fired.

• heister's picture

The Republicans just have to find the whitest guy they can and they will win...

Follow the shit your fellow monkeys say @shitWSOsays

Life is hard, it's even harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

• Rupert Pupkin's picture

If you wanted to throw someone in as a third-party candidate in order to shake things up, I would say Bill O'reilly would cause more of a stir than Douchebeck. Bill has a larger viewership and has had a following for much longer. Not to mention he's not as melodramatic as Beck, who makes me want to drive a railroad spike through my brain. I think O'reilly could absolutely scare the shit out of both parties, but it would be difficult to convince him to run third-party versus republican.

• heister's picture

Dude I am gonna write in Patrick Bateman

• Nobama88's picture

I hate hate hate Newt. Anyone but him. The guy is a fraud.

Christie, Ron Paul, Romney, Huckabee (he seems like a generally good, 'do whats right' type of guy).

There are a couple people looking at running that I havent had a chance to really take a look at yet, but if I had to choose now the above would be it.

• In reply to Rupert Pupkin
    Nobama88's picture

NickTheRichard:
    If you wanted to throw someone in as a third-party candidate in order to shake things up, I would say Bill O'reilly would cause more of a stir than Douchebeck. Bill has a larger viewership and has had a following for much longer. Not to mention he's not as melodramatic as Beck, who makes me want to drive a railroad spike through my brain. I think O'reilly could absolutely scare the shit out of both parties, but it would be difficult to convince him to run third-party versus republican.

If BIll runs will his running mate be Dick Morris? haha. I haaaaateeee that guy. If you watch O'Reilly all Dick ever talks about is himself and his website. He must mention his website 20x's in a 2 min segment.

• In reply to Nobama88
    heister's picture

Nobama88:
    NickTheRichard:

If BIll runs will his running mate be Dick Morris? haha. I haaaaateeee that guy. If you watch O'Reilly all Dick ever talks about is himself and his website. He must mention his website 20x's in a 2 min segment.

go to www.dickmorris.com

• In reply to TheKing
    apprentice7697's picture

TheKing:

--Tried to boot Clinton out of office for boning an intern while he was doing the exact same thing (cheating on his wife with a staffer)

As for Trump, he is a fraud. A perception in his own mind, a "self-made" "billionaire" who overstates his worth many times over, inherited a shit ton of money, and has been bailed out by family numerous times. Not to mention, the clown has had multiple businesses go bankrupt. He is no genius, he is no superman of business, he is a loud-mouthed fraud with a stupid hairpiece.

You're fired.

Fucking incredible. Awesome post.

I won't to get back on the Romney topic. I'm a huge fan. Centrist-minded, strong manager, economically-sound mind. Was his healthcare package akin to Obama's? Sort of. Not as bad. Is he jazzed up to take-on entitlements? Yup. Is he beholden to the defense industry? Not really (Bain ain't Carlyle). Most of his PAC $ comes from the finance industry and service professionals.

He's my guy. And he did a great job with the Brown campaign. Stay tuned for whether he can endure the Mormon shitstorm and the social conservatives, but if so, God he'd be great in the general election chiding Obama's embarrassingly rudimentary understanding of economics. Keynesianism sucks to begin with, and Obama makes it even worse. No one could call him out on it better than Romney.

• mike55555's picture

I would love to see Ron Paul in office, but like most logical things in America, it will probably never happen.

Men are so simple and so much inclined to obey immediate needs that a deceiver will never lack victims for his deceptions.

-Niccolo Machiavelli

• Nobama88's picture

Maybe this is a HHHUGGEEE stretch, but Glenn Beck is Mormon and talks about it often on his shows.
    Glenn seems to be very popular amongst a lot of conservatives and independants. Glenn really started to get big in 2008-2009. With Glenn's huge success, maybe people will be willing to overlook that Romney is a Mormon, like they could not do in the past.

• Frieds's picture

Eddie, while you're right about Ron Paul being hated and not getting the nod, he is liked by the people and if the Republicans are smart, they will play to. That's partially why I said that the new Republican Poster Boy, Chris Christie, would be a viable candidate as well. Honestly, I'd rather see him complete 2 terms in Jersey, but that's just me being Selfish.

• In reply to coffeeaddict
    UFOinsider's picture

coffeeaddict:
    konig:

Every other president has been a lawyer, and we all know how successful they are at managing the country's deficit

....the last one had an MBA

Trump is a joke, I'd vote for Chris Christie. Any guy that gets that much stuff done in Jersey will be able to produce results anywhere.

Get busy living

• Ben Shalom Bernanke's picture

Trump will never be President. Chris Christie would have my vote any day of the week

• In reply to TheKing
    mr1234's picture

TheKing:

You're fired.

LOL at this comment.

Trump is a disgrace to American capitalism. He's a marketing gimmick, nothing more. He doesn't even develope his own properties anymore, he just liscences his name. That's bascically the Trump Organization's business model.

---
    man made the money, money never made the man

• txjustin's picture

I'm a Ron Paul guy and have been for the last several years. The funny thing is he makes too much sense for the career politicians to cope with. It's really sad.

If the Republicans give the nod to the same ole people who have been in the running for the past 8 years (Romney, Huckabee, Gingrich, or even Palin), they're gonna get destroyed. They need a fresh face with true conservative values.

• Nobama88's picture

^^^

Agreed. I dont see Gingrich or Huckabee beating Obama.

Romney with a strong VP, I think may have a good chance. We really need to bring someone new, fresh, and energetic to beat him. Christie's name has come up a lot here, but if he ran .... it would be a game changer.

Hopefully some of the newcomers will help light a spark in the base.

• GoodBread's picture

My main fear with Romney is that he'll be incredibly reluctant to stem the influence of lobbyists and push on with financial deregulation. He's easily the most interesting candidate on the Republican side in my book (I can't really see Bloomberg getting the nomination) but he's the kind of guy I could see keeping Bernanke around and turn a blind eye to Wall Street's more destructive practices.

• prinmemo's picture

I am voting for Obama. If the economy grows 3%+ in 2011 and 2012 and unemployment gets down to 8% he will win re-election. If that doesn't happen, he probably loses.

• txjustin's picture

^^^So at this point you already know you're voting for Obama?

• serial monkey's picture

his new wife is hot
    he signed a pre-nup this time, wise man

Can you imagine, his wife is hotter/younger than his son's wife ?!!?

• In reply to konig
    Banker88's picture

konig:

Haha big surprise that you trash the $144bn sent to Israel over the last 60 years
    (I assume this is your source: http://www.wrmea.com/component/content/article/245...)

Given your icon, I bet you'd be fine if they sent that aid to the Gaza Strip, or perhaps what you probably refer to as Palestine. How about you take your M5 or CL63 and drive down to Washington to bitch about it.

PS. $144bn over 60 years is chump change compared to the several trillion spent on the Afghanistan and Iraq wars in a matter of several years. Get some perspective man.

• In reply to txjustin
    prinmemo's picture

txjustin:
    ^^^So at this point you already know you're voting for Obama?

Yes. At this point I would assume you know you're not voting for Obama (unless the Republicans nominate Palin or something like that). Correct me if I am wrong.

He most closely shares my values system.

• txjustin's picture

Not being combative. I was just curious. I'll vote for who is most aligned with my beliefs. I'm a libertarian.

• In reply to txjustin
    UFOinsider's picture

txjustin:
    Edmundo Braverman:
    No way Ron Paul gets the GOP nomination. He's the most hated guy in his party (hated by his own party). Even though he's exactly what the country needs, you'd see GOP party leadership pushing another Obama term if Paul somehow got the nod.

Edmundo, it's already started. Check out this link.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thecutline/20110217/...

Just an aside, but who is it that watches Fox to learn anything? They're basically preaching to the choir...

Get busy living

Pages