Energy Rodeo 2011

So we have named the event and we are working on dates... thinking Feb 2011 or March 2011

Resume Review
Internship Search Tips
Interviewing Tips
Networking session with HR's from leading energy trading firms
Mock Internviews
Various materials on industry
Guest Speakers

Set up an email account so email us if you're interested.... 50 is the magic number to make it happen....

[email protected]

Finally, I am home.

Whenever and wherever this is I will be there. I think this is a great idea and the potential value is immense. I know Monty very well offline and he is a legit dude. Whenever this thing gets going I will bring a couple industry people myself and by industry I am talking about FO/NYC people.

As far as I am concerned this is an epic win win for anyone coming to it. You get to meet industry people, you get to meet other students, you get a direct opportunity to both hear about relevant topics and ask questions, plus you have access to these people after the fact.

Monty has been discussing this on other threads. It's just a Houston event for now, but he'll be looking to franchise if the first event is a success.

"If you can count your money, you don't have a billion dollars." - J. Paul Getty

San Franciscan:
Monty has been discussing this on other threads. It's just a Houston event for now, but he'll be looking to franchise if the first event is a success.

correct. Will be Houston for now and if an need presents itself is other cities we can have one.

Picked houston for the following:

Houston was ranked best place to start a career

Houston's energy industry is growing and grads should be interested in being a part of that growth..

My network is strongest in Houston so I can be of the most help for both you and me

<span class=keyword_link><a href=//www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-dictionary/what-is-london-interbank-offer-rate-libor>LIBOR</a></span>:
Yah this would be of no help for me since FT recruiting is in the fall but I still kind of want to go just for fun lol

you never know... few people on here will agree with the power of networking.. i can make at least 10 people who i directly put them in touch with someone who could bypass the online resume drop

It seems to be targeted towards people in a later part of their studies. Does it make sense for a freshmen ? I mean it doesn't hurt, but I don't wannt to take some more experienced person's place away as a rookie and I would have to come from europe....

henn.de:
It seems to be targeted towards people in a later part of their studies. Does it make sense for a freshmen ? I mean it doesn't hurt, but I don't wannt to take some more experienced person's place away as a rookie and I would have to come from europe....

its targeted to anyone that is serious about a career post college not just a job.

and rookies need love too

Best Response
monty09:
So we have named the event and we are working on dates... thinking Feb 2011 or March 2011

Resume Review Internship Search Tips Interviewing Tips Networking session with HR's from leading energy trading firms Mock Internviews Various materials on industry Guest Speakers

Set up an email account so email us if you're interested.... 50 is the magic number to make it happen....

[email protected]

3 BB's are on board and 2 HF's

Energy Rodeo 2011

Friday, February 18, 2011 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm Hotel Check In Dinner & Drinks (Optional,first round on me) Saturday, February, 19, 2011 8:00 am to 9:00 am Registration & Sign In Continental Breakfast 9:00 am to 9:30 am Opening Ceremonies Keynote Addresses: Monty09 & Anthony 9:30 am to 10:30 am Presentation: Resume , Networking, Interviewing, Career Search 10:30 am to 12:00 pm Presentation: Energy Trading Discussion Panel Analyst and Associates from leading energy trading firms 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm Lunch Keynote Address:Energy Private Investor with over 25 years exp 1:00 pm to 1:30 pm Break(NETWORK!!!!) 1:30 pm to 2:45 pm Presentation: Equity Research, Investment Management, Investment Banking Discussion Panel Analyst and Associates from leading firms 2:45 pm to 3:45 pm Presentation: Master of Finance V. Master of Business Administration 3:45 pm to 4:45 pm Questions & Answers 4:45 pm to 5:00 pm Closing Remarks : Special Guest 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm Mock Interviews and Resume Reviews 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm Dinner (Optional)

SUBJECT TO CHANGES

I will be forwarding the website to my school's business department as soon as it is up. I would really like to be there and I can think of a few others from my school who want to attend as well (from NY).

Sounds like a fantastic event. I, like many others on here, can personally attest to Monty's knowledge on the subject and more importantly, his desire to really help people out as they try to enter the industry. Clearly a lot of thought has already been put into organizing this and there’s no doubt in my mind that those who attend will find it to have been well worth their while. Can't learn this type of stuff in a classroom.

A year and a half ago, I helped convince our school's investment club to buy a fertilizer company in Saskatchewan called Potash Corp. for $70 a share. The club voted yes and bought $5,000 worth of stock. We will be selling our POT shares and I hope to use the profits toward attending this conference.

Any updates on the site launch?

Autem distinctio voluptatem aut praesentium in. Officiis aperiam modi soluta eum provident. Saepe hic qui id odio ullam in illo. Harum et ut aliquid autem.

Modi in maxime numquam doloremque repudiandae accusamus. Qui suscipit aut doloribus. Sunt quisquam dolores velit nihil nisi. Beatae et possimus ea rerum. Quidem molestias non et consequuntur.

Porro expedita et voluptates dolorum reprehenderit temporibus enim. Mollitia est quia quas ut velit tempora. Qui officiis placeat repudiandae corrupti harum minus ducimus dolores. Vel necessitatibus id in cupiditate. Nam quod eius aperiam eum accusamus hic unde. Vero reprehenderit repellendus laborum architecto.

Error necessitatibus distinctio alias inventore. Fugiat quasi et vel molestiae sequi occaecati iure. Ratione sed et est repellat natus. Cumque eveniet nemo nisi nam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”