While reading through these forums, I have found many forum topics on what color the inside of your shoes should be on Tuesdays, if you work on the 100 block of West Street, but no one seems to comment onattire. Little do you know, many of the world’s fashion trends were birthed in the .
Follow these tips to blend in with the, otherwise you will stick out like a sore thumb. People will accuse you of being stuck up - blissfully hopeful of making the jump to , or delusionally already there, calling your internal ledger movements trades.
- Do not wear anything nicer than khaki pants. If you're a hardened veteran, every day is jeans day.
-If you do splurge and wear khakis, spill coffee on them, or make sure you have road salt stains on the hems.
- Ties are forbidden. If you see a coworker wearing a tie, he is probably new. Go over and make sure he knows how overdressed he is, and ask him if he thinks he is Gordon Gekko or something.
- If yourdoes feature buttons, it had better be a short sleeve .
-If you do wear a tie, it had better be a novelty tie (example: rubber duckies)
- Make sure you put some thought into your dress shoes. Wear and tear shows thrift and savings, something banks value. It will also show the new kids a thing or two about what it means to sell your sole to the bank by executing the same copy paste procedure for hour upon hour, year upon year until you realize you have been in the same desk for 20 years, and are about to be down sized because you make too much money.
- On casual days, everything is game. Ripped jeans, dirty sneakers and your favorite sublime t-is encouraged, because you don't give a s**t!!!!
- Abercrombie dress shirts on the one day a year the COO visits your area. You want to look professional.
I hope some young, aspiring excel jockies benefit from this PSA.