Overall Ranking (80%)
The Overall Ranking is a score from 1 star (very bad) to 5 stars (excellent) generated based on the Company Reviews of current and former employees at this company, taking everything into account.
The number you see in the middle of the donut pie chart is the simple average of these scores. If you hover over the various sections of the donut, you will see the % breakdown of each score given.
The percentile score in the title is calculated across the entire Company Database and uses an adjusted score based on Bayesian Estimates (to account for companies that have few reviews). Simply put, as a company gets more reviews, the confidence of a "true score" increases so it is pulled closer to its simple average and away from the average of the entire dataset.
- 5 Stars
- 4 Stars
- 3 Stars
- 2 Stars
- 1 Star
To gain access to more statistics on this company and thousands of others including:1) % of interns receiving full time offers
2) The top undergraduate schools, majors and degrees this company targets
3) Interview stats breakdown on race, gender, military and sports data on the applicants,
Please click on the lock on the blue arrow and follow the instructions.
Want Access To These Statistics & Rankings?
- Free 1 month access by adding just 1 salary datapoint here
- REAL salary bonus data across 1,000+ companies
- Plus free 1 month access to 10,000+ interview insights
Colony Capital, LLC is a privately-held independent global real estate investment firm founded in 1991 by Thomas J. Barrack, Jr. Colony Capital has an extensive global footprint and corresponding infrastructure, with over 250 employees operating in a total of 11 offices in the following 9 countries: China, England, France, Italy, Lebanon, South Korea, Spain, Taiwan and the United States. This global infrastructure provides Colony Capital's acquisition team with proprietary market knowledge, sourcing capabilities and the local presence required to identify and execute complex transactions.
In the twenty-one years since its inception, from a single Los Angeles-based office, Colony has invested in diverse and complex property, corporate, and portfolio transactions across five continents through varied economic cycles. Since inception Colony has invested $48 billion in over 16,000 assets and has ~$25 billion of assets under management (gross) on behalf of over 250 institutional investors.
Through the identification of supply-demand source imbalances in capital, product types and information availability, Colony achieves attractive risk-adjusted returns by investing in real estate and real estate-related debt investments, non-performing loans, distressed assets, real estate-dependent operating companies, and select commercial and residential development opportunities throughout the world.
Colony Capital's strategy is guided by an investment philosophy based on three key principles:
• Cautious Contrarianism: during downturns or secular changes, investing in out-of-favor sectors or markets to exploit misalignments
• Exploitation of Inefficiencies: capitalizing on information advantages to identify micro-market imbalances and secure investments on favorable terms
• Value-added Management to Optimal Exits: creating capital appreciation opportunities through repositioning, restructuring, development, and intensive management
Colony has applied its investment strategy throughout a variety of market conditions. As competitive pressures in the U.S. portfolio sector reduced expected yields, Colony expanded the geographic and product scope of its investment activities while maintaining the discipline of its historically successful strategy.
515 South Flower Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071