Lafayette RE LLC
- Lafayette is an asset manager uniquely focused on acquiring, financing, and managing US single-family homes.
- Having pioneered the development of the professional single-family home rental (SFR) industry in the US, Lafayette is on a mission to be the leading asset manager in the space.
- Lafayette was founded in 2011 by Thibault Adrien. The initial vision was to take advantage of an extraordinary amount of abandoned single-family homes being sold by US banks, to acquire them, renovate them, and rent them out.
- Lafayette's first two funds were executed a "distressed" acquisition strategy, focusing exclusively on foreclosure sales. Value was created at acquisition by paying below-market prices, through repositioning thanks to disciplined renovation processes, and subsequently through a rental yield.
- In 2013, at a time where inventory was high and homebuilders were capital-constrained, Lafayette expanded its scope and launched a land fund.
- In 2014 Lafayette launched Brandywine Homes USA ("Brandywine) as a wholly-owned property management arm. Brandywine's mission is to provide top-quality service to residents and enhance investor returns by more effectively managing maintenance costs and maximizing renewal rates.
- In 2016 the firm started Lafayette Lending to invest in the Fix & Flip lending space, leveraging its hands-on expertise as a single-family investor and property manager to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns.
- In 2018 Lafayette merged its first two funds to create Lafayette Longview, a long-term investment company, and launched Fund III.
- In 2019 Lafayette partnered with a US institutional investor to expand in the single-family build-for-rent space and acquire entire communities of newly-built single-family homes.
New York, NY 10003
or Want to Sign up with your social account?