General Interview Information
Length of Process
2. Received email follow up to set up a phone screen; spoke with an affable recruiter who discussed her experience with ABCO and noted the new education platform focus that the company was seeking to build as a new direction from its core hospital market intelligence
3. Invited for in-person interviews at Washington, DC-headquarters (paid for by ABCO).
4. Spoke with 2 of the 3 scheduled in person interviewers; 3rd had a last minute scheduling conflict and I was told that this should not impact their candidate review process. A) First interviewer discussed ABCO's deliberate expansion of their Corporate Strategy team to focus on internal product development, hence the NPD team as well as my interest / background in applying to this team. B) Second interviewer focused on review of familiarity with their hospital products as well as of opportunity of the role to encompass both market research to development and bringing a product to market. Interview questions further consisted of background / fit questions.
Impressions of DC office: Business casual dress code with lots of interview candidates in and out of office that day; kept to a small portion of the office for my two interviews, so was not able to get a good grasp of the space. NPD team seems to be most akin to an internal start up group, with potential customers and resources readily available / provided by a corporate parent.
Want Access to these The Advisory Board Company Interview Insights?
- Free 1 month access by adding just 1 salary datapoint here
- REAL salary bonus data across 1,000+ companies
- Plus free 1 month access to 10,000+ interview insights