Been doing m&a / ECM for 2 years and am one of the few analysts who absolutely loves it. For example:
- get a kick when I get a complex model working / make something from scratch
- absolutely killer when seniors take me out for a client meeting and I get to exchange business cards and contribute to client discussions
- love it when I get praised by VPs/MDs for being a 'good guy' and 'sharp'
- feel great when I need to teach / explain stuff to interns and new joiners (no arrogance, treat them with complete respect)
- love seeing the new analyst / intern class every year - smartest graduates in the country, all willing to give everything to succeed (though quite a few give up in 6months)
- enjoy working with lot of different teams in banks to meet more and more TypeA people, see how they react to situations and how they operate in life in general
- love networking all the time and increasing my contact base
Is this weird? For me it's hard to imagine life outside the bank / finance industry anymore in general...
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- Downgrading U.S. debt makes absolutely no sense
- Friday morning pickmeup- Absolutely hysterical and sfw
- Bottle of Absolut in 15 seconds...
- LAWN MOWER DRIVING ME ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NUTS- Am I the only one who gets triggered like this from lawn mowers?
- What It Feels Like To Be Absolutely Loaded By Age 25
- The absolute WORST stuff you have gone through as a junior/intern/analyst at a BB
- The absolutely lamest activities&interests to put on a resume/cv
- i love the new look