Overall Ranking (98%)
The Overall Ranking is a score from 1 star (very bad) to 5 stars (excellent) generated based on the Company Reviews of current and former employees at this company, taking everything into account.
The number you see in the middle of the donut pie chart is the simple average of these scores. If you hover over the various sections of the donut, you will see the % breakdown of each score given.
The percentile score in the title is calculated across the entire Company Database and uses an adjusted score based on Bayesian Estimates (to account for companies that have few reviews). Simply put, as a company gets more reviews, the confidence of a "true score" increases so it is pulled closer to its simple average and away from the average of the entire dataset.
- 5 Stars
- 4 Stars
- 3 Stars
- 2 Stars
- 1 Star
To gain access to more statistics on this company and thousands of others including:1) % of interns receiving full time offers
2) The top undergraduate schools, majors and degrees this company targets
3) Interview stats breakdown on race, gender, military and sports data on the applicants,
Please click on the lock on the blue arrow and follow the instructions.
Want Access To These Statistics & Rankings?
- Free 1 month access by adding just 1 salary datapoint here
- REAL salary bonus data across 1,000+ companies
- Plus free 1 month access to 10,000+ interview insights
Ares Management LLC ("Ares"), an SEC registered investment adviser, is a leading investment firm focused on alternative credit-based strategies, including private equity, private debt and capital markets activities. The Firm has 452 employees and approximately $46 billion* of committed capital under management. Ares has a global presence with offices located in Los Angeles, Atlanta, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, New York, Paris, Shanghai, Stockholm & Washington D.C.
Ares' investment activities are conducted through three business platforms:
· Capital Markets Group: Manages U.S. and European senior secured bank loans, high yield bonds, distressed debt and other fixed income investments in a variety of funds and investment vehicles. The group has 38 investment professionals and manages approximately $24 billion of committed capital.
· Private Debt Group: Manages the assets of Ares Capital Management and Ares Capital Europe and invests primarily in self-originated / lead- agented first- and second-lien senior loans and mezzanine debt of private middle market companies. The group has 135 investment professionals and manages approximately $16 billion of committed capital.
· Private Equity Group: Makes opportunistic majority or shared- control investments, principally in under-capitalized middle market companies. The group has 34 investment professionals and approximately $6 billion of committed capital.
Los Angeles Office
2000 Avenue of the Stars
Los Angeles, CA 90067
New York Office
245 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10167
227 West Monroe Street
Chicago, IL 60606
+44(0) 20 7153 4601
30 St. Mary Axe
Hong Kong Office
41 Connaught Road Central
Level 15, Nexxus Building
Hong Kong SAR China
Recent interviewsView all
|2020||Student / Prospective Monkey||Los Angeles||Generalist||Neutral||Average|
|2019||Student / Prospective Monkey||Los Angeles||Private Equity||Positive||Average|
|2019||N/A||New York City||Credit||Very Positive||Average|
|2018||Vice President||Los Angeles||Private Equity||Neutral||Average|
|2018||Intern||Los Angeles, CA, USA||Private Equity||Positive||Difficult|