Most Helpful

I went through the BofA hirevue last year when I went through one of my most extensive networking efforts (spoke to analysts, associates, VP, and a very senior MD). Eventually got the hirevue and prepped all weekend for it but as luck would have it, I fucked it up. There's just something about a hirevue, probably the fact that I am answering to a screen, but I never did well in an hirevue. Predictable enough but I don't get the superday because of my lackluster performance. 

Anyways, I wouldn't want the same thing to happen to the people going through the process this year so I am listing the questions I got. Not saying these will be the same ones you'll get but should be helpful in preparing or giving some sort of an idea. Got about 3 minutes per question and no retries. 

• Tell us about yourself and why BofA
  • Key accomplishment that you had that illustrated your personal initiative and drive to push beyond what is required
  • Tell us about a Major event and how it has impacted markets
  • Tell us about a time you quickly learned a process and were able to effectively achieve the goals
  • Tell us about a time when you were given little information and how did you act about it

All the best and hope y'all do better than I did. Def give a silver banana if you found this helpful.

Spoke with an MD today and he mentioned that the first superday is next week and that they have to submit their selections for that superday by tomorrow

Anyone know if there are a 2nd wave of supers for NYC IBD? Received HV 6/1 and submitted 6/3. Had MD's pushing for me but nothing back yet :( . Is BofA done recruiting?

Does anyone have any updates on when the 2nd wave of SD's (if there even are any) will be conducted for IBD NY? 

Just got a video first round. Non target non diversity. How selective are the video interviews and what is the turnaround from the video interview to Superday?

Same, just got hirevue. Non target non diversity. Was told by my friend who works at Bofa IBD that hirevue's are extremely selective (even more so than GS) and that as long as you don't fuck up you'll get a superday. Not sure if true but he got an offer so I trust him. Good luck!

I'm an African American with a 2.4 GPA at Howard and just got an interview with BofA. What sort of questions should I expect in the interview? Currently majoring in English 

[Comment removed by mod team]

Funniest

Nope you lose your offer if you miss the call. They'll then message all their Wall Street buddies and make sure you get blacklisted at all firms. How dare you have the audacity to miss a phone call. Shame on you

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 18 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (90) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”