Networking for PE exit (2021 grad)

Hey everyone.

Soon will be graduating from a decent school and going to MM IB. Recently met a few alums at a MM PE I'm really interested in. They work somewhat frequently with my bank and seem like good people. The PE firm sounds like a relatively competitive shop, and I'm wondering what route I should take for networking there. I've already done some basics reaching out via email, linkedin, etc. and I'm planning to meet up with some of them when I start FT.

Should I...

1. Play it cool and stay in touch until I have more work experience under my belt

2. Go hard and keep my name fresh in their minds for the next 1-2 years before I would be exiting to PE

Mostly just curious if spending time communicating with them now would lead to a payoff in 1-2 years, or if there is no point in bothering them much more than an occasional email until there is more serious recruiting. 

2 Comments
 

Qui id et et quia aut. Dicta consequatur aut sit officia odit. Ea molestias facere harum dolorem quae. Aut aut consequatur est ea et.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Guggenheim Partners 02 97.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 06 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
7
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”