Do we have any sell-side quants here?
If anyone is working as a sell side quant at a investment bank I would love to hear:
- What you do day-to-day?
- What role you are in?
- What qualifications and skills you have/need?
- How does this differ from quants in different teams etc
- Which quants have the best exit opps to funds/MBAs etc?
- Why did you become a quant vs a trader?
- What does salary look like on entry and how does it progress?
The reason I am keen to know is that I have heard people bash sell side quant roles as underpaid, boring and little value add. However I have seen some people in 'Strategist' roles move over to top funds etc. So I would really appreciate if someone could break down the tiers and roles at a bank. Think it could be of value add to the wider community.