Direct admit to IU Kelly finance, then, after freshman year, last minute due to unforeseen circumstances transferred to a more overall "prestigious" state school more east, and was told I had too many credits to apply for their business school upon arrival. I graduated in August with a degree in human resources management with a minor in the business school for "business fundamentals (supply chain, finance, accounting, labor markets), had a 3.2 and 0 internships, just a "management" title for ~20 lifeguards during college summers. I currently do "account executive" sales for a large company in NYC; it's painful and mind numbing. Never applied to finance internships/jobs until now bc I thought it was impossible with my major but am now miserable in my "job" and am desperately trying to break into finance. Feel like I am too many steps away from breaking into anything specific like consulting vs pe/hf vs banking...basically any career in financial services (ie not a financial analyst for Verizon or a healthcare company) so are there any internships or extremely entry level positions I could be applying to? Ideally, I would love to get into literally any of the many graduate programs offered by a BB the ones that require 0-2 years experience. All internships I've found want current students, so I am looking to make a career change that will at least give me some leverage and a less random looking resume so I can either be considered for an interview for summer 2020/21 or be able to transition to a career path where I could get an MBA/CFA then break in at a higher level. I'm feeling extremely hopeless and am beginning to think it is impossible/not worth it. I have the general financial education and I follow the markets, but I can't even land an interview when half the applications don't even allow cover letters.
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Bridgewater's Ray Dalio [wrote a post about "Why and How Capitalism Needs to be Reformed,"](https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-how-capitalism-needs-reformed-parts-1-2-ray-dalio/?published=t/) claiming that the outcomes of capitalism are no longer consistent with the system’s...+62 by CRE in OFF
- Associate in my mid-late twenties, my director is amazing - I just really like her. Maybe I'm telling you all because I can't tell anyone else.+60 by sadsoul90 in OFF
- In a Bloomberg article last week, JP Morgan announced that it will begin using online behavioral science-based games to recruit college students.
[quote]"Beginning this year, the bank will be using the games, instead of in person campus recruiting and traditional college campus visits,...+44 by NovemberRain in JOB
- ***4/9 UPDATE: This is taking a little more time than I expected, and while I do appreciate and welcome all the questions, I will be a little less active on this starting tomorrow. Will still try to get to all questions though. Feel free to ask, comment and discuss though. Thanks all....+40 by monkeyking722 in IB
- Hoping to learn more about investment banks in Los Angeles. My current firm's only california presence is in San Francisco. I've done a bit of research and think I understand which banks are in LA, but it's hard to tell what groups are out there. Also hoping to know a little more...+33 by californiadreaming000 in IB
- I'm a Physical Trader in the Asia region and look after a combined book of +1Mt for origination and sales of dry-bulk commodities. My background has been in some way or form of international trade, with 6+ years in operations before getting into a trading gig. I trade majority of dry bulk...+26 by UnfinishedSentenc in TR
- Hey all,
I was able to acquire a small managed service business a few months ago ~1M Revenue, 300k EBITDA almost all recurring revenue. I am looking to acquire another one in a different area ~3h flight away from where I am living now.
The deal is ~2M Revenue and ~500K EBITDA, with about...+23 by takenotes08 in PE
- Someone plz give me a good knock knock joke that is funny but not corny. I need to make a good impression and I SUCK at knock knock jokes+21 by ISA2130953 in IB
- Has anyone made the switch from being an analyst at a single manager to being a PM on any of the platforms?
As background, I've been at a single manager for 6 years and have covered my sector for a total of 8 years. I'm making ok but not great money for someone my level (500-750K)...+18 by bulge4lyf in HF
- Ok, fellas. I'm bored to tears in real estate and am looking for new interesting paths and new challenges. What are some niche real estate products that people rarely think about? Self-storage was the trendy niche that, in my view, is now overbought in a lot of U.S. markets. What are some...+17 by real_Skankhunt42 in RE
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Apr12Rewind - M&A Business Case - Estee Lauder Pitchbook Part 4 + Q&A(All day) Online
- Apr12WSO Paris Happy Hour: Fri 12 April, 8pm @ Bar des Halles2:00 EDT Online
- Apr15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online