I'm a graduate from a non-target, and I've been applying for off-cycle IB Analyst roles at different banks. I've been reaching out to alums and mutual contacts and have actually been pretty lucky with responses. The calls go very well, and I've been getting positive feedback, including offers to forward my resume and connect me with HR and other bankers. However, after sending thank-you emails and several follow-ups (about once a week) about connecting with more people, I haven't gotten a single response or recommendation. I know bankers are busy people and applicants are at the bottom of their priority list, but is there anything I could be doing wrong? I try to keep my follow-ups short, but polite, and usually send them around the start of the work day. Any advice is appreciated.
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Bridgewater's Ray Dalio [wrote a post about "Why and How Capitalism Needs to be Reformed,"](https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-how-capitalism-needs-reformed-parts-1-2-ray-dalio/?published=t/) claiming that the outcomes of capitalism are no longer consistent with the system’s...+58 by CRE in OFF
- Associate in my mid-late twenties, my director is amazing - I just really like her. Maybe I'm telling you all because I can't tell anyone else.+58 by sadsoul90 in OFF
- I have been on this website for more than ten years and thought I would dish out a bit of advice.
####A bit of background:
I worked up to director level in trading, before going to get an MBA and changing industry to work in private equity. The exact same story repeated itself, so I thought...+54 by Disjoint in JOB
- I remember back when I was still a student, being intimidated by the idea of having to form "models" - despite my undergrad being in physics.
It turns out in finance, "modelling" just means dividing one excel cell by another, saying "yeah sure, that growth will...+54 by Leonardo-Cope in IB
- In a Bloomberg article last week, JP Morgan announced that it will begin using online behavioral science-based games to recruit college students.
[quote]"Beginning this year, the bank will be using the games, instead of in person campus recruiting and traditional college campus visits,...+44 by NovemberRain in JOB
- ***4/9 UPDATE: This is taking a little more time than I expected, and while I do appreciate and welcome all the questions, I will be a little less active on this starting tomorrow. Will still try to get to all questions though. Feel free to ask, comment and discuss though. Thanks all....+39 by monkeyking722 in IB
- Hoping to learn more about investment banks in Los Angeles. My current firm's only california presence is in San Francisco. I've done a bit of research and think I understand which banks are in LA, but it's hard to tell what groups are out there. Also hoping to know a little more...+33 by californiadreaming000 in IB
- I'm not far off into my career to have gone to one, but to those who have, how was it?
I'm assuming it's a lot of dudes flexing about their corporate success. Do you think that's a fair assessment?
To those with experience, any other insights? +30 by LeoSteel77 in OFF
- I'm a Physical Trader in the Asia region and look after a combined book of +1Mt for origination and sales of dry-bulk commodities. My background has been in some way or form of international trade, with 6+ years in operations before getting into a trading gig. I trade majority of dry bulk...+26 by UnfinishedSentenc in TR
- Hey all,
I was able to acquire a small managed service business a few months ago ~1M Revenue, 300k EBITDA almost all recurring revenue. I am looking to acquire another one in a different area ~3h flight away from where I am living now.
The deal is ~2M Revenue and ~500K EBITDA, with about...+21 by takenotes08 in PE
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Apr12WSO Paris Happy Hour: Fri 12 April, 8pm @ Bar des Halles2:00 EDT Online
- Apr15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online
- Apr16Podcast: Hustle -- Eric Bahn -- 4/1612:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- Apr17WSO LA Meet Up: Wed 4/17, 7pm, The Bungalow in Santa Monica7:00 EDT Santa Monica, CA