Hey monkeys, been posting/commenting here semi-frequently, lots of great advice and content that I've put to use well, and looking for some solid advice. I recently left Big 4 to join a portfolio mgmt team at a mid-sized bank in my market. I'm more interested in the underwriting process and am seeking to be placed on that team. The overall industry focus of the team is pretty new so the whole dept is less than 20 people. There are only a couple underwriters and portfolio mgmt people other than for managers, so I feel like a switch is possible. I spoke with one of the underwriting managers about looping me in some projects if there's ever any downtown, but due to the overall leaner structure of the team I don't have much time. Other than waiting through some idiosyncratic stuff (people going to b-school, getting interns, etc.), what are some better ways to go about this?
Popular Content See all
- BlackRock Puts Climate At The Center Of Its Investment Strategy+46OFFby whitecollarandsuspenders
- Jonny Kim is a Navy Seal, Harvard educated doctor, and Astronaut. Who are some other people that have really impressive resumes?+46OFFby Shrek2OnDVD
- Dealing with elitism while networking+38IBby Cmdiejdjdjdmwksxkdod
- Rock Bottom but ain't giving up - Update+33JOBby Bill Ackman
- AMA: From LevFin Analyst to Tennis Pro+31IBby MaxTennis
- Your thoughts on William Blair & Company? +18IBby Lehman_Bro
- Life decisions...buy-side equity analyst+16HFby Analyst 2 in HF - EquityHedge
- Superday Rejection as Soph SA: Can I have another superday next year?+13IBby Intern in IB - Ind
- Best Careers to Pursue Today?+12IBby stedstriker
- AMA - Infrastructure PE & IBD+11PEby juststop.
Leaderboard See all
Recent Jobs See all